Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Which Dolmen needs better accessibility?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Originally in Grahtwood, between Long Coast Dolmen and Gray Mire Wayshrine was a sheer cliff with no way to get up to it from there. It was later they changed the landscape and added a ramp so that you can access it from the Wayshrine. There are a few Dolmens in the game that are difficult to reach, which one would you like to see get increased accessibility?

Which Dolmen needs better accessibility? 70 votes

Bangkorai - Ephesus Dolmen (East)
2%
Grim_SlaughterfishZodiarkslayer 2 votes
Glenumbra - King's Guard Dolmen (Northwest)
32%
dcam86b14_ESOphaneub17_ESOBlueVioletTheDarkRulerBergisMacBrideADarkloreRebornV3xbrtomkinKitty_QuietlyHotdog_23ArchangelIsraphelspartaxoxoDiebesgutUntilValhalla13laniakea_0MelivarIshtarknowsDP99Its_MySniffTaSheen 23 votes
Greenshade - Drowned Coast Dolmen (Southwest)
10%
LonePirateRa'Shtarcode65536emilyhyoyeonEl_BorrachoArchonLucienjoergino 7 votes
Malabal Tor - Broken Coast Dolmen (North)
11%
CronopolyReverbSatanicSisterpraxisCalivoArtadesHroltharkaushadKatzenzunge 8 votes
Stonefalls - Daen Seeth Dolmen (North)
1%
amig186 1 vote
Stonefalls - Varanis Dolmen (South)
7%
SheezabeastVinterskaldfinehairCobble123SxFurey 5 votes
Stormhaven - Alcaire Dolmen (Southwest)
2%
old_scopie1945Erickson9610 2 votes
Obligatory Other Option
31%
ApoAlaiaSheridanTandorSarannahTyharBobby_V_RockitKlauthWarthogkatanagirl1HapexamendiosDrammanothGrizzbeornPixiepumpkinDreamyLuAzuraFanMesiteCooperharleyBobargusalternatelderPrincessOfThievesBraffin 22 votes
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking they could add a mountain path or a underground tunnel connection going West to East between Par Molag crafting station and the Ebon Crypt Delve.

Edited by phaneub17_ESO on December 30, 2023 6:44AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glenumbra and Bangkorai are the most annoying to me
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    All of the above.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Most of the ones in Cyrodiil
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Irrelevant. There are some dolmens near wayshrines - do one and done.
    All of them! Do some trampoline mechanism, a passage like in Greenshade, a grapple hook path to reach them faster, a teleport after completing a local quest, etc.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really though - all of those listed. Then again, I don't bother with dolmens any more so....
    Edited by TaSheen on December 30, 2023 2:17PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just have a single location you log in to with a huge drop-down list of 'locations'?

/s
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Wayshrines need to be added nearby to almost all of these.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Cyrodiil. I only got one of them finished ever. They never seem active when I pass
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    Cyrodiil. I only got one of them finished ever. They never seem active when I pass

there's a special icon for active dolmen on map
    active-vent-1024x576.jpg

And there's only 1 dolmen up at a time per region
    So it is easy to complete it like that

Edited by Xarc on December 30, 2023 6:24PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC - since april.2014 -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    there's a special icon for active dolmen on map

It's often the case that the dolmen is finished by the time I traipse my way to it from the nearest wayshrine.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    most of the list.
    however in the older times when Fighters Guild daily required all 3 dolmens and i was levelling up my Companions
    i hated Greenshade island dolmen the most. Second worst for me was the Stormhaven island dolmen,
    if there were players waiting for the said dolmens to restart - they finished off the anchor before i got there (from another just finished dolmen) with my Companion, despite maximum horse/sprint speed.
    PC EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    The Cyrodiil dolmens. When they changed that zone to only have one up just like other zones it really killed chances of getting them all for achievements. You can’t even see them on the map to see if they are up unless you are at the wayshrine leading out of the zone.

Thank goodness I already have that achievement.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Not to be rude, but is there a large portion of the playerbase that actually cares about dolmen accessibility? Seems like a < level 50 thing if you're using dolmens to power-level, which is frankly one of the more in-efficient and slow ways to level.

Im down for increasing accessibility for anything in the game, but this seems like (subjectively), something that's not very relevant? I could be missing the mark here for sure though.

There are tons of things in this game that need to be looked at - this is what I'm getting at. And this would probably be close to the bottom of a priority list in my book.
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    All of them.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Don't care.. o:)
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But really, All of them, including those in Cyrodiil.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    North west Rivenspire.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North west Rivenspire.

That one has a Wayshrine nearby.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    None, I like that some are out of the way. This makes it seem like they randomly could have been dropped anywhere, because it is not like Molag Bal uses a map for where to start his invasion of Nirn. Though he does place some rare ones in certain spots, like the one in Bangkorai Keep or the one in the northern town in Reaper's March.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    North west Rivenspire.

That one has a Wayshrine nearby.

And its a pain to get to.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    Not to be rude, but is there a large portion of the playerbase that actually cares about dolmen accessibility? Seems like a < level 50 thing if you're using dolmens to power-level, which is frankly one of the more in-efficient and slow ways to level.

Im down for increasing accessibility for anything in the game, but this seems like (subjectively), something that's not very relevant? I could be missing the mark here for sure though.

in my book.

They are useful if you want the rings, or if you like creating loads of alts
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    I came up with the great idea of having three alts at three dolmens in an area. When one dolmen finishes, log off and log onto the next alt for it to be ready for the next dolmen.

My laptop would have been too slow and they would have finished but my Xbox loads sooo quickly I could do it.
    Edited by Mesite on December 31, 2023 8:27AM
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭
    It's not getting there that's the problem. Whilst waiting for them to regenerate thre is often nothing to do, some more fishing areas might help
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the one on the left
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven - Alcaire Dolmen (Southwest)
    It's not getting there that's the problem. Whilst waiting for them to regenerate thre is often nothing to do, some more fishing areas might help

There's always one active, so if there aren't any players farming dolmens in the zone, then you'll be waiting at the inactive dolmen indefinitely, until someone finishes the requisite dolmen(s) and yours is activated.

The order of activation of the dolmens never changes, so if you are in a zone like the Alik'r Desert and know the current dolmen will expire before you can reach it, try heading to the next one in the sequence. In my experience, those in the Alik'r Desert usually activate in a clockwise order.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on December 31, 2023 3:54PM
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory Other Option
    All the ones in Cyrodiil.