Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Allow continuation of Infinite Archive progression

Mathius_Mordred
Mathius_Mordred
✭✭✭✭✭
I love the idea behind the Iinfinite Archive, but what I don't like is the three threads and you're out. The problem is that I can get quite a long way in, playing for 45 minutes or an hour, if I then use up my threads I have to start again from scratch. This is boring, very boring, and is the reason I and others I have spoken to no longer play it. I think a good solution would be to keep the three threads but if you use them up you are placed on a 24-hour cooldown before you can then continue with a further 3 threads. If this was implemented I would be playing it far more often. As it is now, I only play for about 10 minutes just to build up some fortunes then leave anyway whether my threads are gone or not, which I don't believe would have been the original objective behind the design of the IA.

Interested in your guys thoughts on this.
Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, not allowing threads for 24 hours is not the best solution. I think that, simply at the loss of your third thread, your leader board progress should be stopped at that point, but you should be allowed to keep going for as long as you like (or restart with new threads if you prefer), this would give you an opportunity to at least learn and practice the harder Arcs. I suspect though that the main reason we cannot do this is that people may get tired of the IA more quickly than they otherwise would so it would lose some replayability factor.
    Edited by Elvenheart on December 26, 2023 4:18PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to figure out a way to save progress at least in solo. Also upgraded Threads are four and you can even get one extra during the run, which makes total thread count five. Long runs already took up to six or seven hours.

Either saving the run or one thread so when you die it is over.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this idea is unnecessarily complicated and it would be much more efficient to allow saving and to be able to start at already cleared Arcs (both would lock you out of leaderboards of course).
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always liked the idea of being able to save your progress and continue later - around the fourth arc I get so tired that in itself becomes the biggest reason it’s hard to go on. And in the beginning I thought there should be a way to start at higher arcs, but now that I’ve done the IA as much as I have, I’ve realized I enjoy getting the visions and trying to stack them to see what happens, so I would probably never use that feature if it caused me to miss out on the easier-to-get visions. But it would be nice for people who didn’t care about visions.
    Edited by Elvenheart on December 26, 2023 5:29PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    I’ve always liked the idea of being able to save your progress and continue later - around the fourth arc I get so tired that in itself becomes the biggest reason it’s hard to go on. And in the beginning I thought there should be a way to start at higher arcs, but now that I’ve done the IA as much as I have, I’ve realized I enjoy getting the visions and trying to stack them to see what happens, so I would probably never use that feature if it caused me to miss out on the easier-to-get visions. But it would be nice for people who didn’t care about visions.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat here. I most probably also wouldn't use it often.

Starting at higher Arcs wouldn't give us the full experience of course, but it would enable us to play a comparably quick run at a specifically chosen difficulty.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.