The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO's 10th Anniversary Is Coming- Join Us For A Very Special In-Person Event!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Is ZOS paying for all the attending ZOS employees to travel to Amsterdam? Or are the employees attending just like the rest of us and will have to foot the travel and lodging bills ourselves?

Not that we really need to know, but if I had to guess, I would say that ZOS is paying the employees to travel there.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Is ZOS paying for all the attending ZOS employees to travel to Amsterdam? Or are the employees attending just like the rest of us and will have to foot the travel and lodging bills ourselves?

Not that we really need to know, but if I had to guess, I would say that ZOS is paying the employees to travel there.

It is our business how ZOS spends the money we pay them. I'd argue that the money would be better spent on server resources and dev time to streamline the code vs. flying however many employees overseas and lodging them. But hey, it's like winning the lottery for those employees that get to go to Amsterdam on our dime.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is our business how ZOS spends the money we pay them. I'd argue that the money would be better spent on server resources and dev time to streamline the code vs. flying however many employees overseas and lodging them. But hey, it's like winning the lottery for those employees that get to go to Amsterdam on our dime.

As someone who travels for work it is not a holiday. Its hard work and tiring. Of course I would expect people who travel to put on an event to have their expenses paid for.
    Soupy twist
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

As someone who travels for work it is not a holiday. Its hard work and tiring. Of course I would expect people who travel to put on an event to have their expenses paid for.

As if ZOS employees are not going to have time to enjoy Amsterdam in any way while they're there. :*
  • CrowsCall
    CrowsCall
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Is there information available anywhere in regards to the exact hours the Amsterdam event will begin on Friday and close on Saturday?
    If not, when and where may we expect to see this information at a later date?
    Thanks much!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    CrowsCall wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Is there information available anywhere in regards to the exact hours the Amsterdam event will begin on Friday and close on Saturday?
    If not, when and where may we expect to see this information at a later date?
    Thanks much!

We don't have exact hours quite yet. We are still working on finalizing all activities. But we should have more information soon. We'll update here once we have that available.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    If I had the means, I'd be there. Been trying to jump back into ESO more and that'd be a lot of fun! Either way, I hope the event goes well.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    Is there going to be more information released on the cosplay contest before the event?
    +Sign up prior online?
    +Time of judging?
    +Panel of judges?
    +Levels for crafting or one big free for all?

These are all important questions if I participate or not. No matter what I'm cosplaying, answers depend on if I compete though.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I can't attend the Amsterdam event so can't enter the cosplay contest (😢) but is there a way I can still show my outfit? Other than FB (since I won't ever join FB) or Twitter?

Might there be like not a contest as such but a showcase?
    Edited by LadyLethalla on February 16, 2024 9:13AM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I can't attend the Amsterdam event so can't enter the cosplay contest (😢) but is there a way I can still show my outfit? Other than FB (since I won't ever join FB) or Twitter?

you could show it on the forums, I've seen other cosplay posts before
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHRMark wrote: »
    I noticed that refunds are available until 8th March. Do we request these via yourselves or through showclix as there’s no refund option on the ticket site.

@ZOS_Kevin I have the same question as @SHRMark here. I bought a ticket but unfortunately I will no longer be in Amsterdam that weekend. I see that refunds are allowed until March 8, but don’t see info on how to request them. Can you provide more details? Thank you!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    weedgenius wrote: »
    SHRMark wrote: »
    I noticed that refunds are available until 8th March. Do we request these via yourselves or through showclix as there’s no refund option on the ticket site.

@ZOS_Kevin I have the same question as @SHRMark here. I bought a ticket but unfortunately I will no longer be in Amsterdam that weekend. I see that refunds are allowed until March 8, but don’t see info on how to request them. Can you provide more details? Thank you!

Hi @weedgenius. If you can DM your name, email, and confirmation number to me, I can sent that to the right team internally to process your refund.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    LunaFlora wrote: »

you could show it on the forums, I've seen other cosplay posts before

Yeah, you're always free to share your creations here on the forum, @LadyLethalla. No worries there.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on February 23, 2024 3:59PM
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Is there going to be more information released on the cosplay contest before the event?
    +Sign up prior online?
    +Time of judging?
    +Panel of judges?

These are all important questions if I participate or not. No matter what I'm cosplaying, answers depend on if I compete though.

Just in case you haven't seen this article yet for the cosplay contest: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65561
    Staff Post
  • PurpleFruitBugs
    PurpleFruitBugs
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Yesterday I was looking at the event venue's website to check their accessibility. It is stated there however that only the ground floor is accessible, the other floors aren't.
    So my question is if there is any information on multiple floors being used? And if so, what activity is held where? This to know if I can still enjoy this event, or thus should cancel my ticket.
    I am quite sad to see that this event is being held at an inaccessible location to be honest.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin
    Yesterday I was looking at the event venue's website to check their accessibility. It is stated there however that only the ground floor is accessible, the other floors aren't.
    So my question is if there is any information on multiple floors being used? And if so, what activity is held where? This to know if I can still enjoy this event, or thus should cancel my ticket.
    I am quite sad to see that this event is being held at an inaccessible location to be honest.

Let me check and confirm accessibility for the building. I'll get back to you later today with info once I confirm with others on our events team.
    Staff Post
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    +Sign up prior online?
    +Time of judging?
    +Panel of judges?

Just in case you haven't seen this article yet for the cosplay contest: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65561

Saw it & submitted my current work in progress. Thank you.
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin, I have a question regarding food during the event. I saw that our tickets include 2 free drinks during the event, which is nice. Assuming that we will have take care of our own lunch and dinner during the event I was wondering if we are allowed to bring our own lunches inside the SugarFactory? I'm going with my guild, and to stay a bit within budget we are considering packing some simple lunches for our small group.

Also is there a guarded garderobe or a locker facility where we can store our backpack / coats / cosplay during the day or do we have to carry our stuff ourselves during the 2 days? At least 1 of my guildies is entering the cosplay contest and would love to be able to store their outfit afterwards without having all the way back to the hotel.

I have emailed the Sugarfactory some weeks ago with the same questions but they couldn't provide me with an answer so I hope you can provide me some info. Thanks!
    Edited by FayJolyn on March 2, 2024 8:57PM
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • PurpleFruitBugs
    PurpleFruitBugs
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin

Let me check and confirm accessibility for the building. I'll get back to you later today with info once I confirm with others on our events team.

Heya,
    I was wondering if there is an update on this? There is only four more days left to potentially cancel my ticket in the case of the event being too inaccessible, so I'm hoping you might have an answer for me before that date.
    Thank you!
  • PurpleFruitBugs
    PurpleFruitBugs
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin

@ZOS_Kevin

Heya,
    I was hoping that there is more information on it now?
    If there isn't and it will only become clearer closer to the event I'd still like to know that if possible.
    I understand that a simple answer is maybe difficult to give when the accessibility is not easy to be guaranteed but some kind of update would be nice.
    I had friends already offer to carry me up the stairs but I would prefer to avoid this or at least know this is going to be needed beforehand.
    I'll probably just keep my ticket and take that risk but I'd prefer to have the information if possible.
    I'm pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno too in the hopes of being seen sooner as the time to cancel my tickets is not much anymore. I hope that's okay.
    Thank you

• Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin will there be gluten free food as well?

Thank you
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_Kevin

Heya,
    I was wondering if there is an update on this? There is only four more days left to potentially cancel my ticket in the case of the event being too inaccessible, so I'm hoping you might have an answer for me before that date.
    Thank you!

Sorry for the delay here. The sugar factory is accessible by wheelchair and all rooms + main bathroom facilities are accessible. If you have other considerations, please let us know and we can reach out to our teams to accommodate.
    Staff Post
  • Hvnsnttnt
    Hvnsnttnt
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin is there any way to still get the bonus items (both physical and digital) if we have a ticket but cannot attend in person? Or can they only be picked up at the event itself by the ticket holder? Thanks!
  • PurpleFruitBugs
    PurpleFruitBugs
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Kevin

Heya,
    Thank you!

Sorry for the delay here. The sugar factory is accessible by wheelchair and all rooms + main bathroom facilities are accessible. If you have other considerations, please let us know and we can reach out to our teams to accommodate.

Heya @ZOS_Kevin ,

Thank you for replying. Its good to hear that the event will be accessible for wheelchair users.
    I do have some more questions if its not to much to ask.

First I was also wondering about the food questions asked by FayJolyn above. I'm hoping to bring my own food and it would be nice if it wasn't confiscated. I struggle with energy management and having at least a few snacks on hand would keep me going better.

Second in regards to my wheelchair, is there a place i can sit in my wheelchair at the stage in a way where I won't block a path for other people? It doesn't need to be a designated wheelchair spot, but I also don't want to be in the way of others.

Lastly I was wondering if there is a quiet room or place where me and my friends can rest. For example a place separate from the big hall so we can go there and recover from over-stimulation.

Again thank you for your replies so far and I hope you will be able to find answers to my questions.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @PurpleFruitBugs Clarifying answers for you now with our events team. I should have some feedback shortly.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hvnsnttnt wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin is there any way to still get the bonus items (both physical and digital) if we have a ticket but cannot attend in person? Or can they only be picked up at the event itself by the ticket holder? Thanks!

The physical items are pick up only. I'll check if there is a way if you know someone in the area to see if they can pick items up for you, if that is an option for you. Digital items, we should be able to supply those if you are able to provide proof of ticket.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    First I was also wondering about the food questions asked by FayJolyn above. I'm hoping to bring my own food and it would be nice if it wasn't confiscated. I struggle with energy management and having at least a few snacks on hand would keep me going better.
    So in the event rules, we do outline no outside food or drink. However, for health or accessibility concerns, we can certainly make exceptions. Please DM me your name, the email used to book your ticket and ticket number. I can provide those to our event team and they can work with you on getting you all set.
    Second in regards to my wheelchair, is there a place i can sit in my wheelchair at the stage in a way where I won't block a path for other people? It doesn't need to be a designated wheelchair spot, but I also don't want to be in the way of others.
    We do have designated spots on both the left and right of the stage for wheelchair access. However, the venue chairs are also movable, so we can be flexible and make sure there is space for your wheelchair without impacting foot-traffic, if you would like to sit elsewhere.
    Lastly I was wondering if there is a quiet room or place where me and my friends can rest. For example a place separate from the big hall so we can go there and recover from over-stimulation.
    There will not be a quiet room available for this event due to the venue. It's an industrial building, so quiet space is limited. There is a lot of open space outside of the venue, so that should help with escaping noise, but we understand this is not the same thing as a quiet room in this case.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Aleris wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin will there be gluten free food as well?

Thank you

We will have gluten free options!
    Staff Post
  • frogthroat
    frogthroat
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any updates on the situation. I'm getting scared i will run out of time to purchase tickets before this is resolved :(
    Have you tried with a different device/browser?

I had trouble with my phone using Opera, but I could order them without trouble using my desktop. I think I had trouble with Opera as well, so I used Chrome and that worked. Can't remember, but anyway, different device and/or different browser might help you there.

• Eris21
    Eris21
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I'm still not quite sure when the event actually starts and ends and would like to buy my train tickets in advance.
    Everywhere I can find only mentions the dates.
    I saw the ticket email indicated 10 am local time, is this correct?

When can we expect the time schedule for all the panels and such? I like to plan in advance what I will attend on each day.

Thanks!
    GM of Song of Sun and Moon on PC-EU