The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO's 10th Anniversary Is Coming- Join Us For A Very Special In-Person Event!

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Eris21 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a size chart for the t-shirts? And is it possible to change the size later?
    I'm guessing they are unisex?

Great questions! So we do not have a sizing chart at this time. We are working on getting that from our vendor to provide that info for you. We do know that the shirts will be unisex and come in sizing options XS - 4XL. But once we get a chart, we'll update you on this.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    FayJolyn wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Is it possible that there will be more payment options? Right now there is only the option for to pay with a creditcard, which I personally don't have. Paypal or Ideal payment options would be appreciated, if possible!

We checked with our vendor on this and unfortunately, they do not support Paypal as a payment option. We will continue to look into more options, but credit card seems to be the only option at the moment.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SolidBeast
    SolidBeast
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Is it possible that there will be more payment options? Right now there is only the option for to pay with a creditcard, which I personally don't have. Paypal or Ideal payment options would be appreciated, if possible!

We checked with our vendor on this and unfortunately, they do not support Paypal as a payment option. We will continue to look into more options, but credit card seems to be the only option at the moment.

I literally live in the Netherlands and can't attend because our main payment system, iDeal, is not available. I don't own a credit card, nor does anyone around me. I hope something is done about this while there are still tickets available.
    "Many fall, but one remains."
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SolidBeast wrote: »

I literally live in the Netherlands and can't attend because our main payment system, iDeal, is not available. I don't own a credit card, nor does anyone around me. I hope something is done about this while there are still tickets available.
    In the Netherlands some banks offer ways to use your regular bankcard as a creditcard, you have to apply for this though. So just call them up. And it costs like a few Euros(2 or 3) per month to do this, but you can stop this at any moment. We actually used this method to pay for other games in the US before any real worldwide payment systems were invented(we used to send dollar bills in envelopes before that hehe). We also activate this feature when going on vacations, as using a creditcard is more worldly accepted.

As someone who also lives in the Netherlands I feel bad I cannot attend. As I would love something like this! To those who are going: Enjoy yourselves!
    Edited by Sarannah on December 14, 2023 10:15PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to book but it keeps saying 'Unsuccesful HTTP response' in a big red banner on the top of the item selection screen.

Have tried 3 devices and multiple differrent browsers, same issue.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds quite fun! I technically don't have a credit card (my bankcard says debit) so I don't know whether I'll be able to buy tickets.

Also, stores/webstores selling in EU have to include VAT in the price from the first time the price is shown. Now ZOS is an American company, but unless the tickets are delivered in person in a dark alley by Naryu, it does feel kinda sketchy to not inform about the total price before checkout.
    But then again, there may be different laws for non-EU shops selling to EU, but then again Steam, who also sells downloadable content, do not have any hidden fees.
    And yes, there is the option for an ESO shirt, but Bethesda has an EU store, so no need to ship it from the US.

But that's just me, no hate Ily 😗
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Are you still having a reveal event for 2024? Last year you guys went to Las Vegas, is something like that happening again or will it just be streamed in a studio?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any updates on the situation. I'm getting scared i will run out of time to purchase tickets before this is resolved :(
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    @MyNameIsElias It might be the postal code field that is causing the error. It did for me as it wouldn't accept any postal codes outside the Netherlands so I added a random dutch postal code just to be able to check out. It worked for me so you could try that and see if it solves the issue.

I've been trying this since i read your comment. everytime i put a dutch postal code into the field, it tells me it's invalid (im guessing since my country is different from the postal code i am trying to submit?

Could you give me an example of a random code that'd work?

The one I used was '1000 AP' and it accepted it, even though the countries were different--hope it works for you.

Doesnt seem to work for me :( Oh well, will try again later i suppose. I'm at least glad to hear i wasn't the only one with a similar issue. I've reached out to Zenimax here and on twitter and hope to get a response about this soon.

We're looking into this to help get this resolved. Thanks for the note here. We'll follow up once we have more guidance for you.

@ZOS_Kevin Please let us know as soon as possible if you have any updates on the situation. I'm getting scared i will run out of time to purchase tickets before this is resolved :(
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh, this is amazing.

Can't wait for the stop in germany.

:)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Are you still having a reveal event for 2024? Last year you guys went to Las Vegas, is something like that happening again or will it just be streamed in a studio?

Given that the Netherlands anniversary event is the premier event for 2024, my guess is that the 2024 Chapter event will happen there.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Feowyn13
    Feowyn13
    ✭✭✭

Not to mention that getting a creditcard in the Netherlands isn't as normal as it is in the U.S. My sister is the only one in the family who owns a creditcard, none of my friends, extended family and acquaintances do as far as I know either. I'm effectively not able to purchase tickets because I don't have a creditcard even though I live only a couple minutes from the event location. Finally an event like this from something I actually like that I can go to, and I won't be able to buy the tickets :|
  • Rondur_Sidriel
    I was able to purchase a ticket from the US using my Apple Card with no issue. I hope the weather in Amsterdam is somewhat spring like by early April - it would be nice to visit when everything is starting to bloom.
  • Feowyn13
    Feowyn13
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to purchase a ticket from the US using my Apple Card with no issue. I hope the weather in Amsterdam is somewhat spring like by early April - it would be nice to visit when everything is starting to bloom.

The weather in April is springlike! Though here spring means unpredictable weather. Things do start to bloom, yes but early and sometimes even late April can still come with some snow. It could mean a lot of rain, or dry, sunny and warmish days. It does however smell like spring, fresh and new :)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    seems fun!

quite expensive, but no iDeal payment means i can't get a ticket anyway sadly.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you want to see things blooming, Keukenhof is probably better than Amsterdam. :p

But yeah, early april is usually decent but can be unpredictable.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see some classical ZOSing going on
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

Given that the Netherlands anniversary event is the premier event for 2024, my guess is that the 2024 Chapter event will happen there.

That’s what I figured, the Reveal event will be done in a studio vs a live event and the Netherlands will be a celebration but also where they reveal more about the chapter. Cool with me but figured I’d ask Kevin given the 10 year mark.

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to know more about the event in Australia please and thank you... and Japan, too.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team headed to China may need to be briefed on the Counter Espionage Law if they haven't already. There are a few individuals from Taiwan and Japan businesses still in police custody for over 6 months.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The team headed to China may need to be briefed on the Counter Espionage Law if they haven't already. There are a few individuals from Taiwan and Japan businesses still in police custody for over 6 months.

Yeah. Serious point for sure.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are the payment options so limited? If one does not have any credit card, one cannot join?
    Where is direct payment through instances like Klarna?
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feowyn13 wrote: »
    Not to mention that getting a creditcard in the Netherlands isn't as normal as it is in the U.S. My sister is the only one in the family who owns a creditcard, none of my friends, extended family and acquaintances do as far as I know either. I'm effectively not able to purchase tickets because I don't have a creditcard even though I live only a couple minutes from the event location. Finally an event like this from something I actually like that I can go to, and I won't be able to buy the tickets :|

This. I'm not Dutch, I'm British, but I'm aware that the majority of people in quite a few European countries only have debit cards. For example, my German friend only has a debit card. It seems odd to run a major event in Europe and not use a banking system which is accessible to Europeans.
    Edited by baratron on December 16, 2023 11:29PM
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kevin @ZOS_Kevin ! Would you be sending feedback forward regarding the interest of Brazillian people wanting to have a celebration as well? I really believe this is due time to reach latin america. 10 years of ESO!
    We never got the chance to order collector's edition or official merchandise or partake in giveaways...
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_Kevin

Last week I sent you a forum message with a question about the Amsterdam event. I know it's a very specific question, but without an answer at the moment we are unsure if we would join or not. Do you know if there will be an answer on short term? :smile:
  • Glimmergael
    Glimmergael
    Soul Shriven

I have the same problem as SolidBeast and FayJolyn. I just filled in the whole ordering form for my ticket and then could not pay... and I live only half an hour by train from the event site! Please find a way to let us pay via PayPal or the Ideal banking transfer system... or even a direct payment from my bank to the event organization? Thank you very much for keeping an eye on this and all your effort!
  • Glimmergael
    Glimmergael
    Soul Shriven
    As a last resort to get in to this event, would there be any chance that there will be tickets available "on the day" at the event site itself?
    Thanks again for your attention!
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just that credit card ownership is far from universal in the Netherlands (if you plan to travel here for the event, make sure you have alternative ways of paying, in many shops credit cards aren't even accepted!).

This should concern you more:
    "Hence, higher-educated individuals more frequently possess a credit card (53%) compared to lower-educated individuals (17%) and those with an average level of education (25%).

In terms of household composition, it's noticeable that those earning twice the median income or more tend to have a credit card more often (57%) than those earning a median (33%) or below median income (14%)."

Source Translation by ChatGPT

Another report mentioned, not surprisingly, that credit card ownership is also skewed towards older people (35+)

The payment method 'gate' is quite likely to impact the demographic of the attendees.

Edited by Muizer on December 20, 2023 4:00PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there generally no availability of "one time payment" CCs? That would seem to be an option - because you buy them up front with cash, they are (here anyway) considered normal CCs when you pay for something with them.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • SHRMark
    SHRMark
    Soul Shriven
    I noticed that refunds are available until 8th March. Do we request these via yourselves or through showclix as there’s no refund option on the ticket site.
    Edited by SHRMark on January 5, 2024 7:15AM
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ZOS paying for all the attending ZOS employees to travel to Amsterdam? Or are the employees attending just like the rest of us and will have to foot the travel and lodging bills ourselves?

We'd all like to attend this event, no doubt. Nothing beats a company paid vacation overseas.

Edited by reazea on January 5, 2024 3:32PM