The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should MMR be removed from BGs?

• xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to either remove MMR or change it. I'm pretty sure current MMR is based on how many games you play and how frequently you play them as opposed to any skill or win ratio. Also you see no decrease to your MMR at all

I have had characters I haven't used for multiple months get paired up against people I see in battlegrounds 24/7. So there's likely no way to lose MMR either, which indicates to me that the MMR is solely based on playing a lot of games(not so winning or losing).
    Which in all honestly it just ridiculous
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is to change it. Removing it might be okay but... Eeeh, then again it really might not.

Changing it has to help, right? Worst case scenario they/we do a bad job and it's basically the same. You couldn't really make it worse because, I mean, there effectively isn't one. Time played doesn't equal skill. The two things correlate, sure, but they aren't actually the same.

For example there could be some guy that only plays 1 a day. He doesn't care about PvP but he wants transmutes. So he plays 1 a day. For 3 months straight-- he does his daily dungeon, does his daily BG, does some endeavors, some writs, trains his mount, and then logs out. I would think this is the majority of us. Now he's considered high MMR but he's not particularly good. If he's lucky he's also not particularly bad. If he's kinda bad then he probably just stops playing BGs altogether.

Which is what makes the whole thing so funny and tragic. The MMR system, on the surface, seems to work. But it isn't because it separates the good from the bad PvPers. It's because it makes the bad players who just want to have fun quit. If they didn't quit then there would effectively be no MMR, as I was saying earlier.

So... Change it. Go by W:L, go by K:D, go by damage done medal score anything at all that points to someone giving a crap.

• Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    <snip>

So... Change it. Go by W:L, go by K:D, go by damage done medal score anything at all that points to someone giving a crap.

I'm all for MMR based off of medal score.
    Could be something like the first 60 matches (this number can be variable - needs tested) a person is in the "new" bracket.

After 60 matches your medal score is averaged:
    If you have an avg medal score of X or above then you play with the "big kids".
    If you have an avg medal score below X - you stay with the "new kids".

This average after 60 matches is continually checked and players are then matched accordingly; "Vet" or "Normal" mode BG.

Edited by Brakkish on January 2, 2024 4:44PM
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMR should be reset on a monthly basis, additionally there should be more game modes and maps to play in battlegrounds.

Currently we have

Relics (CTF)
    DM (4v4v4)
    Domination/Crazy King/Chaosball (domination/king of the hill)

I personally think we should be having new 10v10 game modes with about 3-4 new maps made specifically for them. Game modes like

10v10 Kill Confirm (Each team gets X respawn, you can revive a dead teammate to avoid using a respawn. All respawns are forced.)

10v10 Payload (1 team defends, 1 team attacks. Maybe give it a castle theme like a mini cyrodiil keep siege).

10v10 Relic (Spawns randomly in various locations at center of map and you would need to bring it back to your base)

I feel like BG has tons of potential (anyone who played when it first released can tell you that), it just needs some love (all PvP for that matter).
    PvP needs more love.