Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Visual Effects on Sets and Gear

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really love things that glow! Colors are pretty!

I don't like things that flashbang my sensitive eyes or very suddenly and alarmingly explode.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s almost as if some of you stalk forum posts waiting for an opportunity to complain and police peoples wants and wishes because gamer elitism exists. Similar to people defending the horror RNG and exclusive non returning items because they want to protect their online status. Again don’t wear the motif if you don’t like it but there are literally thousands of us and millions world wide playing other titles who DO IN FACT like glowing items in a game world. To each their own granted but again you don’t have to wear it but we want to.

If you are against adding a single motif with a 2inch strip of glowing material MOVE ON. This post isn’t for you. I didn’t ask people to come here and try and argue with me and try and convince me why glowing gear is so horrible that not a single motif with glow should ever be added to the game in the lifetime of ESO ever again. I did not request peoples rebuttals. I said I want a few motifs that glow. Period.

Not sure what entitles people to think they get to decide what others like and are allowed to wear.

Don’t wear it if you don’t like it BUT I DO. Is that comprehensible?

Well, if you post a suggestion and you are fully entitled to it expect people who don't want such stuff and express their oppinion. Others who don't like that are as entitled to their oppinion and to express it as you are to wish for the opposite.
    What do you expect? That people open threads to express that they wish for something not existing in game to not being implemented? Does not make much sense to me.

And sorry of course you can wear what you want but for other players have to see what others wear it impacts also their game experience. As such I for my part already feel that we have a lot of flashy stuff in terms of mount, special motifs, actions and effects. For me and many others it takes away from what ESO had above other MMOs that is a more realistic and down to Earth graphics. I understand that others prefer the flashy and shiny and blinky stuff. That is fine with me. But I don't. Unless ZOS does not implement a way to turn off other people's shiny stuff you will get people to express their opposition to adding even more shiny and flashy stuff.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on December 9, 2023 11:07AM
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks but I’m pretty sure we’ve already squashed it lol. AND AGAIN the suggestion is not for FLASHY BLINKY STUFF. It is the exact opposite! Minus luminescence. The entire conversation is stating how most people DO NOT LIKE flashy blinky stuff, myself included. Not many people like visuals being tied to full sets either. The entire convo is about adding a few regular MOTIF styles that are not tied to sets and that DO NOT HAVE giant particle effects and bright glowing flashing lights. Asking for SIMPLE motifs that have some glowing parts. Glowing does not mean strobe lights. It means soft natural glow. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Probably where my frustration is coming from.

wl597hphbg0q.jpeg
    m254dke5c8ix.jpeg

This is not BRIGHT BLINKY FLASHY. It’s subtle and barely emits light. I don’t get all the comments pertaining to obnoxious flashy things. I’m having to re-explain what is written repeatedly and it’s irritating. I also understand there is a lot of text at this point and most people probably don’t want to read absolutely everything, I’m guilty of doing that myself on occasion.

Also if you have a list of special motifs that have glow, I would love to know what they are as that is what I’m asking/looking for. NOT set, NOT mounts, NOT particle clouds swirling around my face. A simple glowing motif other than Dro, and Hollowjack.
    Edited by PriestessAthena on December 9, 2023 12:58PM
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I should have asked for a list of motifs before I pointed out how few there are just to put into perspective for everyone. Maybe I worded the original post strangely and people are misunderstanding me idk. I tried to give examples to make very clear what a particle effect is opposed to glowing visuals.
    Edited by PriestessAthena on December 9, 2023 12:54PM
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    I also agree that there should be a SETTINGS OPTION to toggle off particle animations. Thought about that for a long time now. Would also help reduce lag for a lot of players.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also agree that there should be a SETTINGS OPTION to toggle off particle animations. Thought about that for a long time now. Would also help reduce lag for a lot of players.

Yes please! I have really wished for that option for literally years on end now....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks but I’m pretty sure we’ve already squashed it lol. AND AGAIN the suggestion is not for FLASHY BLINKY STUFF. It is the exact opposite! Minus luminescence. The entire conversation is stating how most people DO NOT LIKE flashy blinky stuff, myself included. Not many people like visuals being tied to full sets either. The entire convo is about adding a few regular MOTIF styles that are not tied to sets and that DO NOT HAVE giant particle effects and bright glowing flashing lights. Asking for SIMPLE motifs that have some glowing parts. Glowing does not mean strobe lights. It means soft natural glow. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Probably where my frustration is coming from.

wl597hphbg0q.jpeg
    m254dke5c8ix.jpeg

This is not BRIGHT BLINKY FLASHY. It’s subtle and barely emits light. I don’t get all the comments pertaining to obnoxious flashy things. I’m having to re-explain what is written repeatedly and it’s irritating. I also understand there is a lot of text at this point and most people probably don’t want to read absolutely everything, I’m guilty of doing that myself on occasion.

Also if you have a list of special motifs that have glow, I would love to know what they are as that is what I’m asking/looking for. NOT set, NOT mounts, NOT particle clouds swirling around my face. A simple glowing motif other than Dro, and Hollowjack.

It's not shiny. It is just colorful. So maybe you just want some more colored elements?

Or more natural light reflextion from metal parts?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    more motifs like Arkthzand Armory that have a little glow would be nice sure.

though it says pulsing in your original post and please not pulsing. pulsing/flashing/strobing is the stuff we need a toggle for and still don't have
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic Flame, Frost and Shock gauntlets from the Psijic crates have a nice little effect to them.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    It's not shiny. It is just colorful. So maybe you just want some more colored elements?

Or more natural light reflextion from metal parts?

No there are dyes to color metal even though it wouldn’t hurt to add more dyes either. I’m specifically saying MOTIFS with subtle glow. Hollowjack does glow it just isn’t so bright and obnoxious that people hate it. Arkthzand is so subtle that I can’t be sure it glows yes. That’s my point. No one wants bright flashy particle effects obviously. They keep making that very clear. Just a SUBTLE GLOW on some motifs.
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    more motifs like Arkthzand Armory that have a little glow would be nice sure.

though it says pulsing in your original post and please not pulsing. pulsing/flashing/strobing is the stuff we need a toggle for and still don't have

Agree. Pulsing not strobing lol. Pulse as in a small fluctuation in brightness. Or maybe the glow flows down the piece and back to the top. I can’t stand grim focus. I’m right there with you guys. Either way a few more glowing motifs of any kind I would accept at this moment haha.
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    Psijic Flame, Frost and Shock gauntlets from the Psijic crates have a nice little effect to them.

I do appreciate it. I’ve had my eye on those for a while now.
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    I need to choose better words I think.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.... think.... hmm. I think what you mean may be closer to "more intense colors used as accents". That's what I see on this:

m254dke5c8ix.jpeg

It's got those "looks like chaurus eggs" areas of vibrant color against the dark "armor grey" background.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to choose better words I think.

Only I would have not included “sets” in the title, just “motifs” or “motifs and styles” and similarly in the OP. :)

I can’t speak for anyone else, of course, but that is a large part of what triggered my immediate NO response. I have seen that requested in the past. :persevere:
  • PriestessAthena
    PriestessAthena
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate it. Yea maybe it’s confusing. Text is always difficult to navigate. Much easier face to face to explain XD
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate it. Yea maybe it’s confusing. Text is always difficult to navigate. Much easier face to face to explain XD

Very true!