The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is any of the Archive sets worth considering?

• Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually ZoS brings out a set or mythic that is so OP everyone stampedes to the gain point like a herd of rampant Wildebeast.

Remember Oakensoul, Mara's, Velothi's etc...

This time they've gone too far the other way - no one really wants new gear that is merely 'useful' at best.

But who knows, one or two of these sets might get buffed and the sound of thunderous hooves will once again resonate throughout Tamriel.

Edited by Rowjoh on December 11, 2023 10:17AM
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the sets are complete de-con garbage.

feedback from players calling this out during PTS testing was entirely ignored.

i came to see the game as not worth my time anymore. they haven’t been respecting their player base. praying there are some leadership changes soon toward a more responsive dev team.
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭
    The DK set is very nice if you want to spam shifting standard, offering big damage to your group.
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact these are specifically designed class sets shows that ZoS do not understand their own classes. It was pretty much a complete miss on every front. It does not inspire confidence.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pklemming wrote: »
    The fact these are specifically designed class sets shows that ZoS do not understand their own classes. It was pretty much a complete miss on every front. It does not inspire confidence.

These sets were designed for the crowd asking for harder overland content. If you wear these sets it gimps your build and makes content harder.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Is any of the Archive sets worth considering?

No.

At this point ZOS might as well delete 90% of the sets ingame.
    Lets just all play Pillars of Nirn, Relequen etc.etc.

If you delete the unused sets then they can't come back into fashion after ZoS nerfs them into the ground...as is their way.
  • C_Inside
    C_Inside
    ✭✭✭
    From the DPS sets, none of the 2 are worth considering. I mean yeah, I could spend hours upon hours mindlessly grinding EA for the Templar set, which will on rare occasion give me a 20% boost to 1 single skill line and a very unreliable Nova. Oooooor, get this, I could go to a guild merchant and just buy Deadly Strike, which is 15% to almost all of the Templar's skills, Barbed Trap, and any DOT proc sets you may have as well.

Even if they were good, however, the question still remains. Why would I waste time farming them when other meta sets take far less time to grind. Getting 5 pieces of Pillar could take just 1 single run of FH if you're lucky/have generous teammates, and Pillar is way better than anything EA is offering atm.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's free content I don't really see why some people are expecting BiS gear out of it. It's enough for the gear to be decent, isn't it? If it were actually better than Pillar we'd have a bunch of people complaining about that.

I guess Soulcleaver is one of the ones people find most useful... But it isn't really because I'm gonna start killing people with Swallow Soul and Crippling Grasp, is it? No, I'm definitely going to still need Concealed Weapon and AW. The real reason why people like it is because lots of people have been asking for a way to play rangeblade and now they have one. It doesn't mean they'll compete with the meta meleeblades, it just means they can play how they want.

I think it'd be great if all the sets could serve a similar purpose. Which I think the sorc, Necro, and Templar ones attempt to do. Of course the Necro one is bugged and the other two... Well, they seem to correlate to abilities that sorcs and templars don't want to use. So that's a miss.

The Warden set is cool and good in my opinion... It incentives using the Green Balance skills instead of just spamming Polar Wind and I think this fits with the theme.

The one that stands out to ME as not fitting in is the DK one to be honest. Ulti gen and healing received? Same old same old. But at least it's halfway strong. People are still complaining that Daedric Trickery is better though, lol.

I won't comment on the Arcanist set cuz I don't have an Arcanist and can't remember what the set does at this moment.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not being farmed to hell, then its not worth it.
    No known player is recommending them so everythings a meh, nuff zed.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead we got some watered down class sets

Well, we got watered-down companions, why should the class sets be any different?
    Even jewellery and housing left a lot to be desired when they were launched.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.