Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Loss of early access feature from pre-order?

MattDawn
MattDawn
Anyone else pre order and hope for early access? I don't care if they need to take time to make the game stable, but having ordered early for the stuff on the pre order list and not playing during this time has left me wondering if it was really worth it. Not a rage or flame, but more an aspect of "uneasy" at the first 12 hours of my pre order early access having been spent offline.

Still a huge fan and intend to wait and try, just a little uneasy. Anyone else?
"What is better, to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort”-Paarthurnax.
  • MattDawn
    MattDawn
    I think I would feel better if I knew what was going on. I went to bed and work and still have had no information.
    "What is better, to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort”-Paarthurnax.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/

The emergency maintenance most likely has something to do with that. I'm not worried at all. I've had two days of playtime (as the servers have been up for the majority of the time).. and there are still two more days until launch.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • MattDawn
    MattDawn
    Oh man that would pose a BIG issue. Now I am glad they are working on it and much more relaxed about it. God, that poor guy!
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, kinda scary for sure. Looks like it happened to a lot more people if you continue reading down the thread line too. Hopefully it's fixed soon and we can get back to the fun :)
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Considering Early Access is a bonus, not a feature, and we still have the game etc etc I do not feel disconcerted by the fact they are doing a long maintenance more specifically due to the reasons for the maintenance such as the link provided by Lalai
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to the early access but I knew that there would not be 100% up time for the servers. I even planned on spending a lot of time doing what we are doing now. I am very glad they are fixing the show stopper bugs and exploits before launch day. If a week from now something awful happened and I discovered ZOS knew about it now and didn't fix it I would be more irate than a Khajiit werewolf.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 2, 2014 12:56PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is to be expected. Early access usually means you get to reserve your name before the crowd. It has actually been going amazing (aside from the bugs) something serious must have happened.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MattDawn think of early access as a grace period of getting out of the initially newbie area and a name farm.

Then it is all kinds of win.
  • Dankapotimus420
    Edited by Dankapotimus420 on April 2, 2014 1:43PM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is not.
  • Dankapotimus420
    ooops... lmao wrong link.. here.s a more accurate one about the loss of playtime my apologies for other link.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dankapotimus420 Thanks for posting the link. I hadn't see that update yet :D
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Check this link out..... newest info as of 9:00 am 4/2/14
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/entry/registerinvitation/SwFNYiMT98vpqSYm

Just by reading the url I can see that is not information.

The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dankapotimus420 oh, er... ummm, nevermind that forum mod that will be contacting you... I umm ahhh, well that link was not the news! *runs and hides*
    Sorry.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattDawn wrote: »
    Anyone else pre order and hope for early access? I don't care if they need to take time to make the game stable, but having ordered early for the stuff on the pre order list and not playing during this time has left me wondering if it was really worth it. Not a rage or flame, but more an aspect of "uneasy" at the first 12 hours of my pre order early access having been spent offline.

This is entirely predictable, as nearly all Early Starts in MMOs over the last decade or more have shown. Buying a pre-order on the basis of Early Start is really taking a gamble on not being affected by downtime, server crashes, game-stopping bugs etc., a gamble you're in all probability going to lose.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 2, 2014 1:17PM
  • Dankapotimus420
    yeah sorry bout that other link, my apologies , still waking up, its only 6am on the west coast of US right now.
  • juic3
    juic3
    ✭✭
    edit: wrong thread.
    Edited by juic3 on April 2, 2014 1:30PM
  • Wyattbw09
    Wyattbw09
    emergency maintenance is for emergency maintenance. They did not want to do it, they wanted a smooth of a roll out as possible. However, they felt they needed to take down the servers.

When it comes to early access or even launch day itself I pretty much expect this kind of thing to happen a few times in the first month or so.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Im curious how the EU servers are unaffected by this game breaking bug
  • Dankapotimus420
    so early access = extended beta? as far as EU not being affected, I have no idea, i'm not that bright. evidentally EU code writing must be more accurate. English... /sigh
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    MattDawn wrote: »

I understand and I'm sorry your first impressions of ESO were impacted negatively by your experience. I suggest just doing something else for a little bit and just check in regularly for updates.

Jessica the community manager is pretty active on Reddit so you could quite possibly hop over there and see if you could get an answer out of her. Aside from that I'd just advise you to hold on and be all the happier when you're able to play again.

Greetings,

Beucko