Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Seriously bad bug in EA

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
At least four times now, usually around stage 4, we are in between the second and third wave of trash in a stage and the stage resets, and we lose a thread.

This happened the last two times when we were both full health. Just suddenly lose a thread and the stage resets.

Usually seems to happen in the arena with 3 levels and when the third wave is coming from the lowest level.

This is a serious bug and sort of makes a mockery of leadership boards.

Anyone else seeing thissss/
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 25, 2023 4:24AM
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been around since the start, you basically need to run down to the bottom, or else the enemies run under the world and cause a thread loss, the bug reports section has videos of this.
    Antiquities Addict
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, had this happen to me. Trash gets stuck on badly designed stairs that they cannot path up, and something in the code resets the instance costing you one thread. heck, it's not only the trash - i can't walk up those stairs either, and have to jump to get over the top step.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the stage you are talking about?

kdwjpa9ykejm.jpg

Because I lost a thread there mysteriously as well. I was trying to pull the mobs up the stairs (because the proc from the iron atronach transformation fell there, and I didn't want to waste it), and I went near the back wall, and suddenly I got the message that I lost a thread and the stage was reset. I thought it was because I had kited too far back (I heard from others that kiting mobs by going near walls had caused them to lose threads--probably there's some sort of anti-cheat code that is too sensitive even for normal kiting), but it might have been the stairs. My camera was turned away from there at that moment, so not sure if mobs had gone under them. I've had mobs going under stairs in other stages though, but it didn't cause the stage to reset not did I lose a thread, and I was able to kill them with aoes. It's a shame losing threads to bugs, especially when runs are so arduous and time-consuming.
    Edited by Jaimeh on November 24, 2023 9:58PM
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the same situation as you, but I've noticed that if you're in a place where you can't be detected by monsters while they're spawning (too far away, or stealthy, etc.), the monster resets very quickly and you lost a thread. I'm not sure if EA was intentionally designed to do this, but it doesn't seem to make sense
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

kdwjpa9ykejm.jpg

Because I lost a thread there mysteriously as well. I was trying to pull the mobs up the stairs (because the proc from the iron atronach transformation fell there, and I didn't want to waste it), and I went near the back wall, and suddenly I got the message that I lost a thread and the stage was reset. I thought it was because I had kited too far back (I heard from others that kiting mobs by going near walls had caused them to lose threads--probably there's some sort of anti-cheat code that is too sensitive even for normal kiting), but it might have been the stairs. My camera was turned away from there at that moment, so not sure if mobs had gone under them. I've had mobs going under stairs in other stages though, but it didn't cause the stage to reset not did I lose a thread, and I was able to kill them with aoes. It's a shame losing threads to bugs, especially when runs are so arduous and time-consuming.

That's the one, if you're up on the upper area they'll rush that spot to the right of the stairs in your image and go under the terrain.
    Antiquities Addict
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

kdwjpa9ykejm.jpg

That's the one, if you're up on the upper area they'll rush that spot to the right of the stairs in your image and go under the terrain.

Good to know, hope they fix it!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had this bug happen to me as well, albeit in a different room/stage.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe I had this happen once recently.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this area I was sucked into the ground several times and brought back to the beginning, but without losing a life. However it is a buggy area
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's reporting a potential bug.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually an anti-exploit mechanic, not a bug. Various reasons for this, but it's to prevent cheating. The way to not get it to activate is to be where the enemies spawn, and stay close to your groupmate if duo.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can easily avoid this from happening by not splitting up from your duo partner staying close and making sure you always stand near the mobs as they spawn its only a certain handful of arena maps it does this on

It can also happen during marauder fights I've noticed from watching streams as people try to run away from the adds and it can trigger this on certain terrain
    Edited by J18696 on November 25, 2023 11:02AM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist