Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Faction Pride

Lumsdenml
Lumsdenml
✭✭✭✭✭
The original endgame for ESO was the alliance war (Cyrodiil). Your character started in their faction's start location, you progressed through your faction's story, you grouped up with others in your faction, then fought against other factions in Cyrodiil. With the advent of One Tamriel, the divisions between factions began to break down, and with the emphasis now more on PVE than PVP, do factions matter anymore? So, how do you feel about your faction in 2023?
In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
Obituary:
RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP

Faction Pride 223 votes

All of my characters are the same faction! Death to my enemies!
23%
acastanza_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOp_tsakirisb16_ESOSavinaLivvyDyngrinSheridanAdernathLylithLobotronJack-0Lumsdenmlpeter1488AstironOberon45Sleep724woefizl101adirondackArchMikem 53 votes
Most of my characters are on a single faction, but I've got a couple from other factions
35%
GlassHalfFullssewallb14_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeKendaricwookiefriseurqwaurckSheezabeastVrelanierdem0n1kkargen27LiedekeOtarTheMadpeacenoteEnemy-of-ColdharbourVaranaRoxyPhoenixlillybitbaltic1284MikeSkyrim333LadyLethalla 80 votes
I've gotta collect them all!
17%
BlueRavenDean340chessalavakia_ESOragnarok6644b14_ESOMuizerCloudtraderathekabinhoIlsabetAzrael_1976RaddlemanNumber7wolfie1.0.GiantFruitFlyold_scopie1945TornaadSilverIce58LikiLokiPrayingSeraphAVaelhamSeaGtGruff 40 votes
I'm part of a faction?
22%
Caligamy_ESOBelegnoleDarcyMardinDanikatlion_heart_2000ub17_ESOphaneub17_ESOElsonso16BitForestCatAvalonRangerRa'ShtarRebornV3xAiphatonAliyavanaToxic_Hemlockdisintegr8TheSpunkyLobsterAcadianPaladinErickson9610illusiouksau02adg 50 votes
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm part of a faction?
    all of my characters are 1 faction, but not because of pvp, because at launch faction mattered in pve too and i didnt want to be restricted from playing with friends on alt characters lol

im gonna have to vote the "im part of a faction?" because i dont really see any difference which faction your on the pvp goal is to kill the enemies lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to vote "I've gotta collect them all!" because I'm salty(albeit very lightly) that ESO is capped at 20 characters and not 21, thus preventing me from having one class from every faction.
    Antiquities Addict
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my characters are on a single faction, but I've got a couple from other factions
    i dont have faction pride.
    i did all the alliance zone stories with my main character, who is an aldmeri dominion Bosmer Warden, and they're all okay.

i like aldmeri dominion the most, but i have several Ebonheart Pact and Daggerfall Covenant characters too.

and if i made any characters, whose race is originally another alliance, aldmeri dominion then it's to play with friends in Cyrodiil and imperial city.

not for "Death to my enemies"
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm part of a faction?
    Most of my characters pledge their allegiance to Hircine, not to any of these factions.

In the words of Hircine:
    "Once a pup, now a wolf. Once prey, now a hunter. The blood of the true hunter, and the pack, is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance. Hunt well."
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid poll options, can't vote.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Stupid poll options, can't vote.

You can type... :smile:
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other :lol:

AD and EP, although I feel more affinity for the Dominion as I really can’t see the political factions of the Pact actually forming an alliance, and I dislike Jorunn. But my Dunmer and Argonian characters are still EP because I can’t see them fighting against the majority of their own people.

I try to avoid fighting AD or EP soldiers in other regions where they are the enemy, unless they are up to something dastardly, but I don’t hesitate to fight DC, because I see them as pro-human and anti- everyone else, especially elves. To me, they represent the destroyer Talos, who proclaims himself a god, and the coming hegemony of man, which I will fight against, however futile.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd argue the loss of faction support comes from several factors:

The world building in both Cyrodiil and the Imperial City is generally slanted towards saying everyone stinks.

The people that are frequently vocal on faction chat can become grating.

The PvE story has moved towards ending the conflict.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters are EP, but as long as Cyro PvP is in the state it is, then I don't feel like "Faction Pride" is a thing for me (but it definitely was at some point in the past).

I mean, what kind of sense of accomplishment should I feel if I can just nigh/morning cap and fight pretty much vs NPCs only and still get the same prize (Potential Points) as if I was fighting vs real players ?

It is not about players being in their time zones and playing when they have time, but rather the reward vs effort being not adjusted to the challenge.

On the other hand, even if I would igonre who wins or looses campaign, in the "prime time" there are ball groups roaming around everywhere where they can and um... again kinda "abusing" stacking mechanics. When they show up, the best I can do is to acknowledge that I am gonna lose the AP I worked for (capturing keep) and I just well... wait till they go home...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 17, 2023 10:25PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOR THE COVENANT! FOR KING CASIMIR AND THE HIGH KING!

Most of my characters are blueberrinos, but a few are EP/AD because of RP reasons, I don't really PvP on them though, unless I need to gather transmute stones.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started I didn't expect PVP to be something I'd ever do at all. Never expected to set foot in Cyrodiil or the sewers but I tried it and although I still don't go often (limited time and use it doing other content mainly) I do enjoy it when I go.
    As I was not expecting to do it I never bothered with Any Race, Any Alliance and just made characters in whatever default alliance they came with. Since starting I decided my main alliance is AD and my primary character is AD and I then got Any Race, Any Alliance and changed another character to AD from EP who sometimes does PVP. I may eventually change more but it is unlikely due to cost as I'm into housing more and that is expensive.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my characters are EP, because my Main is a Nord, and she is the matriarch of my clan of characters.
    Some of my characters are associated with the other two alliances, but they all submit to my Main.

My clan has allegiance to Hircine, Nocturnal, and Lamae Bal, not the mortal alliances.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm part of a faction?
      I have DC characters and AD characters (I used to have some EP too, but I either deleted them or race/faction changed them). I never had Nords or Argonians, and the few Dunmer I had I got rid of one way and another. I don't play orcs either....

I don't give a rat's patoot about the silly faction war. I don't pvp.
      Edited by TaSheen on November 17, 2023 10:47PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I don't care about factions. I don't PvP and I've no intention to.

Most of my characters are EP as I prefer Nords and Dunmer and I tend to play characters in their home faction when possible.
      Though any orcs I create will be Skyrim orcs rather than DC orcs, so EP as well.

Of my three AD characters, two hate their faction (my Bosmer and one Khajiit).
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • disintegr8
        disintegr8
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        Back before 1T when PVE was 'faction locked' when you started, I created a character in each faction thinking that was the only way I could experience all of the zones (I didn't know about Cadwell's Silver and Gold back then).

Up until the Arcanist came along I had my 18 character slots filled with 6 from each faction. I don't favor any faction over the others and have one dedicated PVP character in each - not that I do a lot of PVP outside of events.
        Australian on PS4 NA server.
        Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
      • Tandor
        Tandor
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I have no interest in any war or PvP, my characters all belong to a particular alliance depending on my individual preference for each character.

One Tamriel made no difference to that, before then I had characters in all three alliances so that I could experience the different alliance zones and stories. All it has done is give them complete freedom of movement within Tamriel. More importantly, it has enabled them to undertake any base game, DLC or Chapter content in any order, again dependent on the individual preference for each character.
      • NoticeMeArkay
        NoticeMeArkay
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        As somebody who plays PvE most of the time, I wish the faction war had a greater impact on the storytelling and environment as a whole. The ending of the High Isle storyline was the greatest let down to me. Who ends a questline revolving around the key factor of the entire story and it's potential progress on a bloody cliffhanger?

The only thing that alters my gameplay as a member of the covenant is that our housing market looks even sadder than over in the U.S. - 3 whole DLCs adressing the cultures of the covenant and not a single house one could purchase for gold. But two crown store houses along with High Isle and a third one is in the making right now.
      • phaneub17_ESO
        phaneub17_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        At first it was dependent on which VR zones I liked as the last 5 before Craglorn. Now that it's no longer the case and you can go where ever you like, I don't care where they started.
      • Hapexamendios
        Hapexamendios
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Don't really care tbh
      • Soarora
        Soarora
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        My alliance choices for characters aren't based on my alliance loyalty. That said, my PvP characters are AD (also coincidentally, but worked out) and I have loyalty to the Dominion.
        PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
      • Rohamad_Ali
        Rohamad_Ali
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Loyalty, bravery, honor are all good qualities in a dinner guest. Other's will spoil one's soup.
      • francesinhalover
        francesinhalover
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        i chose faction that looks good on my class

ebonheart pact is red... nightblades dragon knight

dc is blue, warden ,sorc, necro

aldmeri is yellow... so...templar , dragon knight...arcanist since there's no green and yellow is the closest
        Edited by francesinhalover on November 18, 2023 4:16AM
        I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
        Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
      • ArchangelIsraphel
        ArchangelIsraphel
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        From an RP/PVE standpoint, I have characters in all factions and will either choose the faction that aligns best with the characters world view...or choose the faction with the color that looks best on them when using my faction themed mounts and costumes.

However, from a PVP standpoint, I play for EP, and EP only. My main PVP templar is in EP, and playing him there during midyear mayhem's past was how I met some of my closest in game friends. It wasn't the EP storyline or the races that won my loyalty, it was the camaraderie that formed between myself and the people I met on the battlefield. We've fought many hard battles together, backed each other up on our campaigns to get EMP, helped determined strangers get EMP by providing backup and encouraging them on their climb up the leader board, and gave each other the push we needed to get through the long sleepless nights.

The friends I made on EP are the people who taught me more about the game than I've ever learned from anyone else, took me under their wing and continue to teach me about both PVP and PVE. I'm a better player because of their willingness to help me learn- and because of that, I do my best to pass on my own knowledge and become for other players what they were for me.

A lot of people think PVP players are just full of salt and vinegar, and I know that in many cases that can be true, but I've met some of the kindest people I've ever met in any game while playing for EP. Fighting side by side like that inspires a kind of loyalty and trust in each other that is very different from PVE- and yet we carry that same synergy into PVE and work very well as a team there too.

My faction pride stems very much from what I have accomplished along side my friends, and from seeing them reach their own goals. On my continuing journey towards earning Grand Overlord, I have very much enjoyed my time with EP. I went from being an occasional PVP player to jumping into Cyrodiil whenever possible because of all I've learned among my friends.
        Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on November 18, 2023 5:55AM
        Legends never die
        They're written down in eternity
        But you'll never see the price it costs
        The scars collected all their lives
        When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
        Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
        Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
        Legends never die
      • Bobargus
        Bobargus
        ✭✭✭✭
        Blood for the Pact.
        Edited by Bobargus on December 1, 2023 8:31AM
      • OsUfi
        OsUfi
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        AD 4 lyfe

Or something to that effect.
      • woe
        woe
        ✭✭✭✭
        All characters EP since beta. PvE and PvP are both fun.
        uwu
      • Kitziboo
        Kitziboo
        ✭✭✭
        On EU and NA, I have Grey Host locked to AD and only play PVP on my AD characters. I recently bought Any Race, Any Alliance to change my two EU arcs to AD so they can play. The other campaigns are too quiet so my EP arc on NA is having to use Battlegrounds to level until I have enough crowns to change him over next year.
      • This_0ne
        This_0ne
        ✭✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        I would like my characters to have a connection with one of the factions only if they come in Cyrodiil or an Imperial City.
      • DarcyMardin
        DarcyMardin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        No faction pride. I don't care. I've been here since the game began, and PvP was not the point of it, except for people who happened to enjoy PvP. I played the game to quest and explore. I made characters in all three factions so I could explore all three areas of the map. In those days, we were stuck in our own areas until we leveled up and started Cadwell's silver and gold.

One Tamriel was a huge improvement.
      • Danikat
        Danikat
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I'm part of a faction?
        If I had the choice most of my characters wouldn't be in an alliance at all. Maybe 2 or 3 would (and one of them only joined out of spite) but most would stay neutral as much as possible.

For me it's even less relevant for PvP than PvE. In PvE your Alliance and the war between them is relevant to a lot of the quests, including ones that tie into the main story. In PvP it's basically just colour-coding. The important thing is being in the same faction as the guild or group you want to play PvP with, it doesn't matter which one that is.

I started in 2015 and I'm one of the people who thinks One Tamriel is when this really started to feel like a TES game, when you could explore and complete quests in the order you chose, instead of the order the game had determined for you.

Ideally I'd have made it so you don't pick an alliance during character creation and instead everyone lands on the same island after leaving Coldharbour, where the quests introduce you to all 3 alliances and you can choose one to join (or you can just choose without doing the quests). Ideally completing the starter island would get you up to level 10 so you can go straight from there to Cyrodiil after signing up to fight for an Alliance. (This would also have given them a place to put all the prologue quest NPCs and remove the need to keep re-making the tutorial.)
        PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"