Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Suggestion: Recall custom action that is just FAST

allochthons
allochthons
✭✭✭✭
Honestly, the slowest part of using a Recall is the animation. And we use recall because we don't want to take the time to run to a wayshrine.
So how about a Custom Recall Action that is simply FAST? No flashy particle effects, no swirly lights, no arcane gestures, just open a door and walk through.

(And the new flashy ones are annoying to those of us with visual issues. Ugh!)
She/They
PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think they will end up doing that, thats part of the mechanic of the recall

if you get attacked while recalling it is interrupted

they could eventually come out with an alternate animation thats a more simple hand gestures to open a portal thats stepped through, but i highly doubt they would reduce the actual time to recall
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could re-use the smoke-bomb animation that NPC characters use. Just vanish like a ninja.
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont think they will end up doing that, thats part of the mechanic of the recall

if you get attacked while recalling it is interrupted

they could eventually come out with an alternate animation thats a more simple hand gestures to open a portal thats stepped through, but i highly doubt they would reduce the actual time to recall

Hmm, that's a good point. I almost always use recall because I got stuck in a rock/crevice/tree that I simply canNOT get out of. Not much chance of being interrupted. Or I'm so far from a wayshrine it's a PITA to run back/go through doors etc, and I always move to place to recall where I won't be interrupted. I rarely use it in a case where being interrupted is a concern at all. But I guess players might be using it to escape.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the portal idea since many NPCs use those. And I agree with the OP that the huge custom recalls are really bright and obnoxious! :persevere:
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you have to pick the stars you want to use and point at them and get them all working right..... and then dematerialise.... it takes time!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see people complaining who are standing next to wayshrines, open their map, pick where they want to go, forget they didn't use the wayshrine and don't have time to cancel the warp.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see people complaining who are standing next to wayshrines, open their map, pick where they want to go, forget they didn't use the wayshrine and don't have time to cancel the warp.

Quicker doesn't have to mean instant. Someone next to a wayshrine but doing the recall animation may be going to their house or porting to a player.

I totally think the custom recalls make the recall animation feel even slower. One reason I will not be buying any.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the slowest part of using a Recall is the animation. And we use recall because we don't want to take the time to run to a wayshrine.
    So how about a Custom Recall Action that is simply FAST? No flashy particle effects, no swirly lights, no arcane gestures, just open a door and walk through.

(And the new flashy ones are annoying to those of us with visual issues. Ugh!)

I assumed it gives the server time work on loading the assets for the jump. But it probably could be a little faster.

Edit: it also makes it hard to escape if an enemy notices you. It's enough time that a nearby monster will draw aggro.
    Edited by Remathilis on November 10, 2023 4:29PM