The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dynamic Destroyer achievement missing?

QueenMisi
QueenMisi
✭✭✭
In EA, Filer Tezurs sells the furnishing "Apocrypha Window, Eye", but you have to have the Dynamic Destroyer achievement. I can't see this ANYWHERE and I have looked until my eyes have nearly dropped out of my head. It's mentioned in patch notes as not tracking correctly. Has it been removed or am I just blind?

I want that window!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 3, 2023 3:38AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It might be one of those progression achievements, in which case the name wont show up in a search until you’ve completed the other achievements in the progression.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • QueenMisi
    QueenMisi
    ✭✭✭
    It's not, you can still see the names of each stage and none of them are called that
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same thing. Or not seeing it, rather. Found this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/643287/pts-patch-notes-v9-2-0
    Several Endless Archive-related achievements are currently not tracking correctly.
    including Dynamic Destroyer, but that was from September PTS

and this cached page: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:t81UfPUAiqcJ:https://eso-hub.com/en/achievements/dynamic-destroyer

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it seems to be working fine for me

in the achievement window i think you can search for the name to find the achievement, but once i got the achievement i definitely had the ability to buy the items (at this point i can buy all of the items from the archive merchant)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why this has been moved to Players helping Players it should be in the bugs section. There is literally no 'Dynamic Destroyer' achievement listed for me or my partner. Is this likely to get fixed? I'd like that furnishing too.
    PC EU & NA
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find it either and I want that window.. I dont see why Zos moved this topic either.. if its not being found maybe it IS a bug?
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Hadeostry As a bug report thread, this seems inappropriate for the "Players Helping Players" forum. Probably best to return this thread to the "Bug Reports" forum.

In all the languages I could test (I could not test JP), this item refers to an achievement that translates roughly to "Dynamic Destruction", which is not tracked in the Achievement Journal.
    EN wrote:
    Apocrypha Window, Eye: Requires Dynamic Destroyer Achievement to purchase.
    FR wrote:
    fenêtre d'Apocrypha, œil: Nécessite le succèss « Destructrice dynamique » pour acheter.
    DE wrote:
    Fenster aus Apocrypha, Auge: Benötigt die Errungenschaft „Dynamische Zerstörerin“.
    RU wrote:
    Окно из Апокрифа (глаз): Для покупки требуется достижение «Энергичный разрушитель».
    (Haha, it's a "глаз" window! Geddit? Geddit? ....Nevermind.)
    ES wrote:
    ventana de Apocrypha, ojo: Requiere el logro «Destructora dinámica» para poderse comprar.

Other achievements required by other items sold by Filer Tezurs (such as the "Running the Gauntlet"/"Superación del reto" achievement for the "Endless Archive Index, replica" item), do exist and can be found in the Journal for all languages tested, so I think we can exclude the possibility that the Journal's search feature is broken.

Since @Necrotech_Master reports being able to purchase this item, it seems likely that one of two bugs must exist (perhaps both):
    1. BUG: The Dynamic Destroyer achievement exists, can be achieved, but is not being correctly tracked in the quest journal.
    2. BUG: The necessary achievement to purchase the "Apocrypha Window, Eye" is incorrectly named in its description, in (at least) the EN, FR, DE, RU and ES localizations. I was not able to test the JP localization.
    Edited by DewiMorgan on November 16, 2023 6:51AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can verify tonight where the achievement is, its possible its one of the multi stage achievements that is only level 1 or level 2 instead of level 3

for example the one for killing tho'at 50 times has 3 stages: i think its kill 1, 10, 50 times

the name of the achievement sounds like it was the one for killing tho'at 10 times, but i am not in game right now to verify what all of the multi-stage achievements names are lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    i can verify tonight where the achievement is,

Under the name listed in all five languages tested, I've already confirmed that it is NOT any of the achievement-stages or achievements listed in the journal, for any of the languages checked. I welcome doublechecking it, though, I often fail to see the obvious!

Either the name listed is incorrect, or it is an untracked achievement.
    Edited by DewiMorgan on November 16, 2023 5:57PM
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    All Endless Archive achievements (including the named multistage achievements) in the Journal, for the EN locale:

General
    1. A Stage For Two; Endless Cameraderie; Friends For Life (Complete 3/15/60 stages with another player)
    2. A Little Help Never Hurt; Companionable Combatant; Companion Champion (Complete 3/15/60 stages with a Companion)
    3. Going Solo; Who Needs Friends; Me, Myself and I (Complete 3/15/60 stages without a companion or other player)
    4. First Splurge; It's An Investment; Fortune's Flush (Spent 1k/10k/100k Archival Fortunes)
    5. Endless Archive Challenger (Complete Endlessly Versed, Attentive Eye, Leading the Charge, Arcing Onward, Endless Archive Conqueror, and No Book Left Unread)
    6. Endlessly Versed (Complete all the unique Verses achievements: I Crave Violence, You Can't Touch Me, Viable and Versatile)
    7. Attentive Eye (Complete all the unique Vision achievements: Visions of Violence, Endless Defender, Seeing the Big Picture)
    8. Leading the Charge (Complete all the Defeat Cycle Boss achievements: Running the Gauntlet, Watch them Fall, Outstanding Onslaught, Endless Arc's End)
    9. No Book Left Unread (Complete all Endless Archive Optional Achievements: World Waltzer, Hidden Prowess, Ghostlight Gatherer, Kidding Around, Mind over Magicka, Eye See You!, Pilfered Pilfer)
    10. Once More, Please (Complete the Replication Elimination daily 10 times)
    11. Favorite Customer (Purchase all collectibles)
    12. Ichor Most Malevolent (Acquire & use 50 Maligraphic Ichors)
    13. Scheming Skeevers (Acquire and use 25 Disgusting Spoils)
    14. Peer into the Mirror Maze (Acquire and use 20 unreliable Archive Maps)
    15. Walk Through the Mirror Maze (Acquire and use 20 Erroneous Archive Maps)
    Tales of Tribute
    1. Pact with the Inevitable Knower (Collect the Mora deck)
    2. Fathomed the Fathomless (Collect the upgraded cards)
    3. Tentacles in Every Tavern (Use the patron power to get a card from the tavern 10 times in match-made ToT games)
    4. Metrand Met His Match (Defeat Tribute Master Metrand)
    Exploration
    1. Heavy Hitter; Monster Mercenary; Fortune's Soldier (kill 1k/2k/5k maligraphies)
    2. Proof of Ability; Endless Endurance; Running the Gauntlet (kill 1/50/100 bosses in the 1st arc)
    3. Back for Seconds; Boss Basher; Watch them Fall (Kill 1/30/50 bosses in the 2nd arc)
    4. Still Standing; Decisive Dispatch; Outstanding Onslaught (Kill 1/15/30 bosses in the 3rd arc)
    5. Furious Fighter; Slaying the Hordes ; Endless Arc's End (Kill 1/10/20 bosses in the 4th arc)
    6. Endless Archive Vanquisher; You Again; Replicable Results (Defeat Tho'at 1/10/50 times)
    7. A Sturdy Shield; Forceful Fortifications; Under Mora's Protection (Get 5/25/75 defensive Verses or Visions)
    8. Battle Ready; Armed Onslaught; Mora's Onslaught (Get 5/25/75 offensive Verses or Visions)
    9. Studying Up; Unorthodox Approach; Power Practicum (Get 5/25/75 utility Verses or Visions)
    10. You Can't Touch Me (Get all 16 defensive Verses)
    11. Viable and Versatile (Get all 11 Utility Verses)
    12. I Crave Violence (Get all 16 Offensive Verses)
    13. Archive's Most Adored (Encounter all factions)
    14. Arcing Onward (Reach Arc 4)
    15. Endless Archive Conqueror (Kill Tho'at final evolution)
    16. Knock 'em Down a Peg (Defeat a Marauder)
    17. Marauder Slaughter (Kill all Marauders)
    18. Pilfered Pilfer (Kill Gw the Pilferer 5 times)
    19. Visions of Violence (Get all 16 offensive Visions)
    20. Endless Defender (Get all 16 defensive Visions)
    21. Seeing the Big Picture (Get all 15 utility Visions)
    22. Keeping It Cool (Get all Ice Avatar Visions and the Verse)
    23. Howling with Rage (Get all Werewolf Behemoth Visions and the Verse)
    24. Molten Measures (Get all Iron Atronach Visions and the Verse)
    25. Fabled Foil (kill 500 Fabled)
    26. Destined Dungeoneer (Complete 150 stages at or above Arc 2)
    27. Word Waltzer (Complete both Destozuno's Library quests)
    28. Hidden Prowess (Complete Theatre of War)
    29. Ghostlight Gatherer (Complete Echoing Den)
    30. Kidding Around (Complete Haefal's Butchery)
    31. Mind Over Magick (Complete Treacheroud Crossing)
    32. Eye See You! (Complete Filer's Wing)

Since none of these look similar to "Dynamic Destroyer", and since, as @MoonPile pointed out, it was marked as not being correctly tracked in the PTS, and Google's cache of an eso-hub page on the achievement lists this achievement as "Dynamic Destroyer: defeat 500 Heavy Humanoids"... I'd argue the achievement is not visibly tracked in the Achievement Journal. If people are able to buy it, it suggests it is being invisibly tracked, though.

Edited by DewiMorgan on November 16, 2023 7:09PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was doing some research on this, and i believe "dynamic destroyer" achievement did exist in original PTS, but during the PTS it was changed

from PTS patch 9.2.1
    Updated the names of multiple achievements.

however the patch notes dont mention which ones were changed or what they were changed to, so im assuming that "dynamic destroyer" was a renamed achievement that was not updated in the vendor

based on your research about it for killing 500 "heavy humanoids" that must refer to the achievement for defeating 500 fabled enemies, so my guess is that it should refer to the achievement "fabled foil" instead of "dynamic destroyer"

i have almost every achievement from the archive at this point except for some tribute related ones and 1 of the collectible ones (included fabled foil) which might be why i can buy the item in question
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Was there some resolution to this?
    What has to be done to complete this achievement. I would also like the furnishing.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ob1ken0bi wrote: »
    Was there some resolution to this?
    What has to be done to complete this achievement. I would also like the furnishing.

i believe its supposed to refer to the fabled foil achievement for killing 500 fabled

the achievement name in the vendor is incorrect and was never updated, but if you earn that achievement you should be able to buy the item
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master