The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Always unkillable opponents

• Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy the current randomness of matchmaking. It's good to see some new faces, and some unpredictability of the matches.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calastir wrote: »
    4 Wins and numerous losses after a whole day of trying. Only got 1 new gear with 16 to go for BG. That's a lot. Perhaps too much?

BG gear is sadly uncurated, so pure RNG if you get the right items to finish collection

probably cheaper and easier to just buy the remaining items as most people either decon the gear or sell it for low prices
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    probably cheaper and easier to just buy the remaining items as most people either decon the gear or sell it for low prices
    I level up the Alliance War Skill line at the same time, even though it's not very much fun and takes a long time this way for most of my characters.

Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calastir wrote: »
    I level up the Alliance War Skill line at the same time, even though it's not very much fun and takes a long time this way for most of my characters.

i would imagine that would be easier to do in cyrodiil with a couple colovian war tortes lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Or you will get a cheesy bash build that is absolutely no fun to play with? I hate having brain dead bashers on my team or enemy teams. Just lame.

Let’s be real. If there are no healers on your team you only have a couple viable builds via sets. I’m sure there are people here who can tell you exactly how to build an OP bash set that requires zero skill.

A full healer in Battlegrounds is 10x worse than a basher because the healer will completely skew the entire Battleground in their favor. It's not even a close comparison.

Every single class can counter bash builds except Necro.

Here let me help you.

Dragonknight - DoT DK build is a hard counter to bashers
    Sorcerer - High damage Mag Sorc with Hardened Ward and Rallying Cry is extremely difficult to kill as a basher
    Nightblade - Unless the basher dips heavily into armor, a good Magblade will kill them.
    Templar - Don't use Jesus Beam and you'll be fine. Bash gets 150% additional damage when interrupting the beam.
    Warden - Build for Polar Wind and use vines. You probably won't kill the basher but you won't die either.
    Arcanist - You are unkillable with Impervious Ward unless the basher is using Acuity and Corrosive/Onslaught. Just block/dodge until the buffs wear off then use your DoTs to kill the basher
    Necro - Good luck

Stam Sorcs and weak Mag Sorcs get countered by bash builds because Dark Deal/Conv gives the basher 150% damage.

Lastly, not all bashers are as braindead as you think. It takes intimate knowledge of the combat system and hundreds of hours of play testing to compete at the highest level in PvP. Only spamming bash with Deadlands Demolisher won't get you anywhere. You need to weave in light attacks and skills while bashing and block weaving with recovery ticks. You need good target selection and you need to pick the right poisons and backbar enchants. It's easy to build an inefficient bash build and that's why you don't see many of them.

nope. this is totally wrong. i can tell you which person in that screen shot had a brain dead bash build.

if it were easily countered there wouldn’t be an insane imbalance like that.

Lol it's funny cause I also know a person on PC NA who only runs a bash build in BGs for probably a year now. He does pretty well with it but it's just funny cause he used to be a magsorc/sorc healer. I can't blame him cause those specs suck so bad. It's definitely pretty cheesy though but it's a gimmick build that only works in BGs, so I guess it's not so bad balance wise.

We are probably talking about the same guy lmao
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Miracle19
    Miracle19
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Or you will get a cheesy bash build that is absolutely no fun to play with? I hate having brain dead bashers on my team or enemy teams. Just lame.

Let’s be real. If there are no healers on your team you only have a couple viable builds via sets. I’m sure there are people here who can tell you exactly how to build an OP bash set that requires zero skill.

A full healer in Battlegrounds is 10x worse than a basher because the healer will completely skew the entire Battleground in their favor. It's not even a close comparison.

Every single class can counter bash builds except Necro.

Here let me help you.

Dragonknight - DoT DK build is a hard counter to bashers
    Sorcerer - High damage Mag Sorc with Hardened Ward and Rallying Cry is extremely difficult to kill as a basher
    Nightblade - Unless the basher dips heavily into armor, a good Magblade will kill them.
    Templar - Don't use Jesus Beam and you'll be fine. Bash gets 150% additional damage when interrupting the beam.
    Warden - Build for Polar Wind and use vines. You probably won't kill the basher but you won't die either.
    Arcanist - You are unkillable with Impervious Ward unless the basher is using Acuity and Corrosive/Onslaught. Just block/dodge until the buffs wear off then use your DoTs to kill the basher
    Necro - Good luck

Stam Sorcs and weak Mag Sorcs get countered by bash builds because Dark Deal/Conv gives the basher 150% damage.

Lastly, not all bashers are as braindead as you think. It takes intimate knowledge of the combat system and hundreds of hours of play testing to compete at the highest level in PvP. Only spamming bash with Deadlands Demolisher won't get you anywhere. You need to weave in light attacks and skills while bashing and block weaving with recovery ticks. You need good target selection and you need to pick the right poisons and backbar enchants. It's easy to build an inefficient bash build and that's why you don't see many of them.

nope. this is totally wrong. i can tell you which person in that screen shot had a brain dead bash build.

if it were easily countered there wouldn’t be an insane imbalance like that.

Lol it's funny cause I also know a person on PC NA who only runs a bash build in BGs for probably a year now. He does pretty well with it but it's just funny cause he used to be a magsorc/sorc healer. I can't blame him cause those specs suck so bad. It's definitely pretty cheesy though but it's a gimmick build that only works in BGs, so I guess it's not so bad balance wise.

We are probably talking about the same guy lmao

Agreed, it's a unique setup and only shines in very specific scenarios, and does very well in those but bad in all others. I think its balanced
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because you ARE playing against at least one premade group. Group finder is not 12 randos. Its plugging a handful of randos onto either 3 man premades or onto your ship of fools. If you queue at or around the same time, my guess is that a guild out there runs BGs at that time.

Why can't ZOS just break up premade groups?

I have seen it a few times myself, not common but the chance of 3 high damage dealer + 1 (me) against 2 other groups making no kills is almost zero (EDIT: unless it's premade)
    Edited by moo_2021 on January 6, 2024 9:05PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    Because you ARE playing against at least one premade group. Group finder is not 12 randos. Its plugging a handful of randos onto either 3 man premades or onto your ship of fools. If you queue at or around the same time, my guess is that a guild out there runs BGs at that time.

I have seen it a few times myself, not common but the chance of 3 high damage dealer + 1 (me) against 2 other groups making no kills is almost zero (EDIT: unless it's premade)

Because BGs are the only place small scale players can go for consistent PvP.

Don't queue into the premade queue if you don't want to fight premades.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

Because BGs are the only place small scale players can go for consistent PvP.

Don't queue into the premade queue if you don't want to fight premades.

Exactly. The population in BGs is low to begin with, and that is before you compare it to the Cyrodiil population. Its why there are still BGs that start with 4 v 4 v 3 teams.

Its pretty easy to distinguish a premade versus a team of randoms. The team of randoms may stick together, but the premade is stuck together, is surrounded by AOEs, heals, and shields. As @CameraBeardThePirate says, either be a premade or be prepared to fight premades.