Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

No More DMs from Randos

• Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP not reacting to/answering random DMs and whispers is an viable option that doesn’t require a client update. Are you perhaps doing anything toxic that results in such a large volume of unwanted communications?
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP not reacting to/answering random DMs and whispers is an viable option that doesn’t require a client update. Are you perhaps doing anything toxic that results in such a large volume of unwanted communications?

This is my first thought too. I have exactly 1 person on my ignore list after 5 years of almost daily play
  • RandomUser123
    RandomUser123
    ✭✭
    whoa whoa whoa
    I never DM'd you pal. Leave me out of this!
  • Nebs
    Nebs
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the folks claiming I'm somehow baiting Whispers, I can only suggest improving your characters' appearance so people are more inclined to compliment your style.

Quite simply, I can't judge a person's intentions when they Whisper me directly rather than just Say their compliment or ask their question. Maybe they're just being friendly, but I don't want to risk my evening on a bad experience with a malicious player and would rather end the interaction on my terms. Or, preferably, as I mentioned, avoid those private interactions entirely while keeping open the channel for the people that I trust.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to block players who are sending nasty-- or any other unwanted-- whispers, so there's no need to act as though the OP is doing something wrong.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the maximum number of people you can ignore?
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    What's the maximum number of people you can ignore?

I think it’s 100. 🤔🤷‍♀️
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, there's no way to sort the list, such as by how long it's been since the account was last online, so the only way to try to manage the entries is by adding a note when you ignore someone, then check the notes to see if you think it might be safe to stop ignoring them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I have learned by the DM's I get...ESO players are a mixture of strange , creepy, and lonely...either way I could never get another DM and be just fine
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy random whispers. I actually had a nice friendship develop from one. But then I like meeting new people in game and find it nice to receive a whisper complimenting my character's look etc..
    PCNA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy random whispers. I actually had a nice friendship develop from one. But then I like meeting new people in game and find it nice to receive a whisper complimenting my character's look etc..
    Agree, last one was during the event, some wanted to know how to get the clanmother title.
    You need to buy the Serenity Falls Estate notable house in Reaper March, I messed up the price its 3.750K gold so almost 4 millions and you need to be an female character.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just turn off whisper for anyone other then your friends if you are set as Do Not Disturb ingame.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp I get told to kill myself now and again along with other assorted poetic observations. Sticks and stones.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp I get told to kill myself now and again along with other assorted poetic observations. Sticks and stones.
    If you main AD you are doing it right.
    If not obviously not kill yourself but perhaps try other games 😺
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people I’ve ignored are the losers who block and spam their hate whisper after. And I encountered about 1 per year.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Ignorelist is empty. I make it a point of pride to never ignore anyone in an mmorpg.
    Of course that doesnt include scammers and gold sellers. I ignore those. But only a couple of days, then they are banned anyway.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    If you main AD you are doing it right.
    If not obviously not kill yourself but perhaps try other games 😺

Yeah I main AD, but I get plenty of love in bgs too. I like to share.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure why you'd get a whisper from randoms. I've only ever got few whispers about the questions they had but buried by zone chat and I happen to talk about something related to the question they had. Or compliments for outfit I was sporting. I've not even gotten salt whispers in PvP even that much lately. I am guessing you did something to attract the attention?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel