Can we get an explanation as to why one of the worst class sets of the bunch released this patch was made considerably worse?@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin
Not only was (so far) the month long feedback on this set completely ignored:
- The set requires you to front bar it to have the greatest uptime on the monoliths for them to do anything, but demands using back bar abilities on the front bar to proc it even remotely consistently.
- The set does nothing until you have 2 monoliths active (see above point).
- The abilities required to be used to proc this set are a significant DPS drop of the objectively better abilities from the other class skill lines.
- There is no spammable in the Storm Calling skill line which would facilitate the front bar requirements of the set (see the first point).
- The set does not crit.
- The sets damage does not stack meaning only 1 sorcerer in the whole group can use this set (even if it was worth running).
- The damage is far too low considering all the issues with the set.
- The set doesn't address the concerns with the class of a severe lack of AoE damage in the sorcerer class kit to fit into the current design state of in game content.
But also the 1 issue you said you were going to look at and fix did not get fixed (having the set crit) and not only is it unlikely to get fixed by the time the patch goes live, but this "fix" wasn't even going to be enough to help the set even before its huge nerf this patch, let alone help after the huge nerf you gave it this patch.
Speaking of which, on top of ignoring the feedback of all the above, you actively made the set worse by changing its damage type from single target direct damage, to damage over time, meaning it loses the bonus from lightning staff (12%) and master at arms CP (6%). This is a whopping 18% nerf on a set that was already dead on arrival and one of the worst of the bunch.
I would suggest removing the set entirely, release the patch without this set and have sorcerers just drop gold upgrade materials or something from the endless archive for this patch to compensate for the delay in releasing their set and go right back to the drawing board for this set. Start completely from scratch and listen to the feedback provided by sorcerers about what the set should be doing to make it a strong viable alternative to the current existing sets within the game.
You could do something like:Monolith of the Storms:
We have removed this set temporarily for now while we redesign the set from scratch to better facilitate the skill line it is supposed to represent, and as such, any sorcerer that participates in the endless archive will instead receive 2 random legendary (gold) quality upgrade materials as their drop instead of a piece from the class set.Developer Comment:
We have heard your feedback regarding the design issues of this set and have decided that instead of releasing a set that doesn't function properly and is detrimental to the player experience, we will be going back to the drawing board and taking on board the feedback provided by those who know the class, to design a set based on feedback given that will hopefully bring a real storm to the game.
We understand that while this is not ideal, we feel it is the best course of action to take to get this set right to provide a unique and fun alternative that is also viable when compared to the current available options.
If you need some help with how the sorcerer class plays, reach out and ask and actually listen to those who do know the class to what they are saying and telling you about it. There are countless people that would gladly donate some time to work through it with you to help you understand sorcerer and why there are the countless complaints currently about the state of the class.
Because from what we (your paying customers) can tell, it seems nobody on the team plays sorcerer at all let alone has even a basic understanding of how the class plays and functions, or the intricacies of the class that are required to be understood to properly design and balance around it for the modern state of ESO and we are sick of being ignored in this regard and want to help you to get things right with the class.