Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Issue where some players cannot claim remaining gifted Crown Store items

• Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    w2uc8bbjusbr.jpg

There you have it. This was all for nothing.
    Edited by Aka_ on September 9, 2023 2:55PM
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with ignoring something over the weekend is that Monday always comes calling. So what's the word, refunds for the people who sent these gifts when?
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with ignoring something over the weekend is that Monday always comes calling. So what's the word, refunds for the people who sent these gifts when?

My guess would be never, unless someone lives in a jurisdiction where ZOS would be legally required to provide one, is aware of that fact, and can successfully bring ZOS to arbitration.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do tend to agree, just thought I'd try and bring it up one more time.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than fair, although at this point I sincerely doubt we'll even get an explanation as to why we were told to submit support tickets for this issue if there was no intention of support actually doing anything about it. Kinda feels like the online equivalent of having your mail slot feed directly into a paper shredder.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should've realized it was what Kevin said it was: An awareness of the issue. A fix would've been nice, though.

Edit: Or communication.
    Edited by Aka_ on September 11, 2023 7:15PM
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    Should've realized it was what Kevin said it was: An awareness of the issue. A fix would've been nice, though.

Edit: Or communication.

Yeah, the thing that stood out to me is that the post starting this discussion said to submit a ticket to CS if you experienced the issue - nothing about whether or not they'd do anything about it, what the process might be, if there were any constraints - you know, the kind of ancillary information you'd expect, just referring it to The Department Of Somebody Else's Problem
  • OleResinHead
    OleResinHead
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully this is fixed soon, thanks
    Edited by OleResinHead on September 11, 2023 8:15PM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin I would hope that we get literally any communication about this problem Tuesday. I am beyond disappointed. Giving up after this on pursuing any information further if so.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin I would hope that we get literally any communication about this problem Tuesday. I am beyond disappointed. Giving up after this on pursuing any information further if so.

It's starting to feel like that's the desired outcome - ignore everyone until they give up and go away.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's starting to feel like that's the desired outcome - ignore everyone until they give up and go away.

Yeah, and they're doing a fine job there. Who can even try to whitewash this as effective communication at all at this point? Hollow, empty words of improving the communication/relationship between them and us if this is how this is ignored. I know there was no promise perse, but what the hell was the point of this post, then? Appeasement only goes so far.
  • torchwood_agent
    Gifted my husband (who at the time was sitting on 30,000 crowns of his own) that newest arms pack before going to work. Came home to the news he couldn’t receive it. He emailed four times. They FINALLY responded TODAY (when the gift will expire in 15 hours) with a message saying that there was nothing they could do. I sent an email as well, no response yet. That is real money @ZOS_Kevin and team. And the response is sorry, not sorry? He also didn’t get to buy his own arms pack, so he is out that too. Disappointed and extremely frustrated. The only option was to go back through the feedback option. For what? Another 10 days of no response. DO BETTER.
  • torchwood_agent
    Follow up to MY email to customer service: They did restore my crowns in the last 30 minutes. The husband is still not the owner of the arms pack, but I did get my crowns back.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, ZOS' official stance on this appears to be "sucks to suck" unfortunately
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we’ve reached out to customer service based on the feedback here and they should be reviewing tickets again to assist in getting your items to you. If you haven't done so already, please list out your ticket number in this thread to make it a bit easier for them to search.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey all, we’ve reached out to customer service based on the feedback here and they should be reviewing tickets again to assist in getting your items to you. If you haven't done so already, please list out your ticket number in this thread to make it a bit easier for them to search.

Hi Kevin,

As I stated, of course I would appreciate any communication at all, and we finally got to hear back from you, which is great. But with the delay in response, most, if not all of us are now without the items in their received gift inventory. Mine expires later today. Is CS going to be able to get these out nonetheless?

Thanks kindly.

Ticket number: 230901-004679
    Edited by Aka_ on September 14, 2023 6:18PM
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better late then never but it speaks volumes that they turned off gifting overnight but took two weeks to even tell CS about needing to deal with this.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @Aka_ They should still be able to still assist. Our understanding is they are addressing this now, so we should have a better understanding later this afternoon of the process to make sure everyone is getting their items.

Correction to the statement above. We just received word that we will not be able to grant gifted items not claimed before the Crown Gifting pause. The items will return to the original sender.

We understand this is frustrating and we're sorry for the confusion. We are talking to our various teams involved here to improve the communication, as it has been a negative experience for you, in an already frustrating situation.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 14, 2023 7:24PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TempusFugit
    TempusFugit
    ✭✭✭
    So I just read that some assistance is possible and hope i'm not too late ...

ESO gift receipt problem Your ticket # is: 230902-005012 sept. 2/23.

I have two accounts and had gifted a gown with left over crowns to my other account and as others have stated, I can't accept the gown nor return the gown only dismiss it until the next time I move location and again am offered to accept it. Thank you ZOS_Kevin for staying on top of this. So very much appreciated.
    PC NA AD/DC/EP

Ash : "Klaatu Barada N... necktie... nectar... nickel... noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!"
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually quite impressive that CS has to be specifically told to do their job for them to start doing their job.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we just updated our post above.
    Staff Post
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    It's actually quite impressive that CS has to be specifically told to do their job for them to start doing their job.

Well, that's a little generous since when told to start doing that, they apparently immediately refused anyway
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... I'll ask again, senders of these gifts will be refunded right?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Especially since gifters can't open gifts they've given to others even when returned afaik. Those items are basically in limbo eternally without cs intervention.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oof. Disappointed on behalf of those who are dealing with this.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »

Well, that's a little generous since when told to start doing that, they apparently immediately refused anyway

Must've been updated after my post. Well, that's the worst management flop on my memory. Zero notice in advance, zero work to resolve problems. Oh, but we got a 100500th promise to "improve the communication".

But they don't stack and my inventory is full.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @Aka_ They should still be able to still assist. Our understanding is they are addressing this now, so we should have a better understanding later this afternoon of the process to make sure everyone is getting their items.

Correction to the statement above. We just received word that we will not be able to grant gifted items not claimed before the Crown Gifting pause. The items will return to the original sender.

We understand this is frustrating and we're sorry for the confusion. We are talking to our various teams involved here to improve the communication, as it has been a negative experience for you, in an already frustrating situation.

So what is the protocol now with the Gifts we may have in our return inventory ?

Should it not be clear that these accounts are not the Fraudulent ones and CS should allow the gifting for them ?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • DarkShadowFax
    DarkShadowFax
    ✭✭✭
    ? What even am I supposed to do with a returned gift that I cannot use myself or even send to someone else? And that they can't accept anyways. :|
    PC-NA | vCragHM | vDSA | Flawless | vMoLHM | vHoFHM | IR | GH | Unchained | vSSHM | DB | Spirit Slayer | vRGHM | vDSR | PvP Scrub
    • Zookeeper Sarena | Magicka Sorcerer
    • Sarena Shadow-Claws | Stamina Nightblade
    • Sarena the Dancer | Templar Healer
    • Sarena Greenheart | Warden Healer
    • Sarena Likes Hiding | Nightblade Healer
    • Sarena Chases Bears | Stamina Warden
    • Sarena Robs Graves | Necromancer Healer
    • Sarena's Warning | Magicka Templar
    • Saint Sarena | Magicka Nightblade
    • Sarena Tail-Chaser | Magicka Dragonknight
    • Sarena Likes Bones | Stamina Necromancer
    • Sarena War-Wolf | Dragonknight Tank
    • Sarena Stormcaller | Sorcerer Healer
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    ? What even am I supposed to do with a returned gift that I cannot use myself or even send to someone else? And that they can't accept anyways. :|

Insist on a refund or otherwise do a reverse claim with your bank. You’ll need to provide them proof you’ve spoken to ZoS explaining the situation concerning the redundant purchase, but in my experience most banks are sympathetic to their customers within the framework of their regulated powers.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time one gets a bank involved (ie a chargeback or other "action") the company involved will take action against the account.

As in.... whoever institutes a chargeback etc will find a closed account....

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....