Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Issue where some players cannot claim remaining gifted Crown Store items

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi All, we have identified an issue where some players cannot claim remaining gifted Crown Store items. If you are running into this issue, please submit a Support ticket.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 27, 2023 1:05PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just a mess...
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kevin,

Just to let you and Customer Support know, there are a lot of Guildmasters who have unclaimed Crown Store items in their inventories which were intended as prizes for Guild competitions. I feel bad that I have a bunch of people waiting for their music boxes which I hadn't sent out yet because I was disorganised.

Is there anything we can do about this?

Thanks,
    ~baratron.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also agree with Baratron.

I don't anticipate that handling customer support inquiries for multiple items will be an enjoyable experience. It's possible that people might end up feeling disappointed when they were assured that the process for gifting crates would involve contacting customer support, only to find out that the promised delivery never materializes, leaving us without any response.

This can be especially challenging when we have to inform our friends and guild mates that the promised item we mentioned to them won't actually be arriving.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we have identified an issue where some players cannot claim remaining gifted Crown Store items. If you are running into this issue, please submit a Support ticket.

Hello, i have sent the ticket and the answer is wierd, they didn't even read my ticket at all, seems like a bot with an automatic copy-pasted answer.
    Ticket: 230902-006526
    6z6xivea5ac1.jpg
    Edited by Punitio on September 3, 2023 1:33AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first answer is ALWAYS a bot. Reply to the email with the exact same email you sent the first time.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    My gifts are expiring, and they don't reply to my ticket quickly.
    2 days past and i get no response.
    Edited by dogmycats on September 4, 2023 1:29AM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Hi Kevin,

Just to let you and Customer Support know, there are a lot of Guildmasters who have unclaimed Crown Store items in their inventories which were intended as prizes for Guild competitions. I feel bad that I have a bunch of people waiting for their music boxes which I hadn't sent out yet because I was disorganised.

Is there anything we can do about this?

Thanks,
    ~baratron.
    WiseSky wrote: »
    I also agree with Baratron.

I don't anticipate that handling customer support inquiries for multiple items will be an enjoyable experience. It's possible that people might end up feeling disappointed when they were assured that the process for gifting crates would involve contacting customer support, only to find out that the promised delivery never materializes, leaving us without any response.

This can be especially challenging when we have to inform our friends and guild mates that the promised item we mentioned to them won't actually be arriving.

its nice when they give literally no notice, isnt it. Not even a 24 hour warning. I understand that they might have wanted to stop people from doing something negative with that warning, what i dont know. I guess buying up stuff super quick before its gone? But thats only true if it was people selling crowns to different countries for different prices. Maybe its another reason, and something else unrelated.

But either way, who cares? Clearly whatever it is has been going on for so long and it would be stopped in a day. Why not give players a small window so stuff like this wouldnt be as prevalent. But i guess thats just not their way. Unfortunate.
    Edited by Lags on September 4, 2023 3:38AM
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    I forget to recieve my gifts and i send a ticket 2 days ago.
    But i get no reply to my ticket.
    And my gifts will expire in 1 day now.
    So you're not really helping guys to claim their gifts and just let them expire?
    And i will never get my gifts?
    @ZOS_Kevin
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogmycats wrote: »
    So you're not really helping guys to claim their gifts and just let them expire?
    @ZOS_Kevin
    expired gifts don't go poof, they go back to the sender, so in theory they could resend them to you (assuming zos re-enables that and gift acceptance)
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    dogmycats wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    expired gifts don't go poof, they go back to the sender, so in theory they could resend them to you (assuming zos re-enables that and gift acceptance)

And they may not open the gifting again like the crown crates.
    They said we can submit a ticket but they don't response to the ticket.
    That's really funny.
    So i guess ppl will not be able to claim gifts in a long time.
    I'm very disappointed and cancel my subscription.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I really don't understand why there wasn't a deadline date for shutting off gifting. The way this rolled out just adversely impacted players way too deeply and guarantees a flood of support tickets and subsequent complaints of players when tickets are actioned quick enough. Why not turn it back on briefly, communicate its outage date, and then let players sort themselves out.
    Edited by Destai on January 9, 2024 8:51PM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ticket: 230901-004679

I also made a post describing the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the post, Kevin.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/642167/cannot-claim-crown-gift-received-yesterday#latest
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    zcqdzub7gz52.png
    5 days past and still waiting for agent.
    Where is the support team?
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, haven't heard back at the moment. I'm sure you're swamped, but a quick response that there is actually someone looking into this would be lovely
  • SithDi
    SithDi
    ✭✭
    I did get a response from a person - who had to escalate it to a higher level. But the item has since expired from my gift inventory and no new word.
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I don't see another thread for my situation so not sure if this is the same issue.

If I have a returned Gift (Assistant) in my Returned List and cannot re-gift while ALL gifting is turned off, is there a time limit that will expire and delete the gift from my purchase account before you turn gifting back on?

Thank You
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    It's no use to sumbit ticket, save your time.
    I'm very disappointed and would't subscribe until this is fixed.
    23ic8qlouvy9.png
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert - the senders of these now useless gifts (that were paid for with real money) are going to be refunded, right?

Otherwise, it sounds to me like it may actually be ZoS that is engaged in fraudulent behavior.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not received any communication since a real person "escalated" this to a higher up team. Is there anything I can do? This is frustrating me to no end every time I log in.
  • FatnissEverdeen1
    Logging on and seeing crown store items that I want but can't get ONLY because crown store gifting has been disabled makes me feel angry. I have felt disappointed with ZOS before, but I have never felt angry. Please just make the decision to re-enable crown store gifting. This sucks!
  • Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭

Hello, looks like sending a ticket is useless, the answer is: we don't care.
    cx3o8k3kyj0u.jpg
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no response here in the forums nor in the email/ticket. Is there a magic word I can type to summon some help here? Maybe Sotha Sil would know.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what's the word? Is ZoS planning to refund crowns to the people who sent these gifts? Anyone in charge over there who can make decisions? Anyone? Anything at all?
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

a4zgjhunxo10.jpg

This was the "response" we received. What is being done about this? I can't begin to explain anything without an non answer. I'm just trying to claim a gift I already received.
  • OleResinHead
    OleResinHead
    ✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

a4zgjhunxo10.jpg

This was the "response" we received. What is being done about this? I can't begin to explain anything without an non answer. I'm just trying to claim a gift I already received.

For real this is such a frustrating situation. My friend is basically ready to stop playing PvP for September because she can’t play on the character she wants on red, she’s stuck playing on a nightblade due to the gifted alliance change token being bugged

@zos_kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill
    Do you guys have any updates on this issue??? Or any estimates on when it may be fixed??? My friend is about ready to quit PvP for this month
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a survey for my CS request as if it were completed, but I immediately responded to that response shown. I'm assuming CS thought it was done. Needless to say, I could use literally any snippet of communication from you guys. Literally anything.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess ZoS is just going to let this go for the weekend and hope people forget? What an appalling way to treat customers after they made a purchase and you failed to deliver. I do hope dearly that someone at ZoS understands that you can't both refuse to fulfill a purchase *AND* keep the crowns that people spent on it? If this is confusing, I respectfully suggest consulting with your own legal department.

I personally don't have a "stuck" gift so I can't do much other than continue to draw attention to the issue, but I encourage those who purchased and sent gifts that are now stuck in the void (and will be useless even when they expire and get returned) not to let this go.

The Terms of Service contain information about how to file a dispute in writing with ZoS - rights may vary depending on your location, but see Section 15.

Depending on your location, there may also be local government agencies and/or other consumer agencies (such as the Better Business Bureau) that you can file a complaint with.
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aka_ wrote: »
    Still no response here in the forums nor in the email/ticket. Is there a magic word I can type to summon some help here? Maybe Sotha Sil would know.

The magic words are “cancel ESO+”.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p42xtmrtijlk.jpg

Seriously annoyed now. The CS followed up not about the inability to claim, but now about the pop-up notification that occurs when one receives a gift. This is TERRIBLE customer service at this point. No response or responses that are completely off topic from my inquiry are all I'm getting here, and I know I'm not alone here. I'm sorry but at what point do you want me to give up and leave you all alone, because I sure am getting that impression here.