Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting Runes , Rare as hell

dabbourism
dabbourism
✭✭
Why the enchanting runes are so rare ? 3 types of runes on the world should've been made with much more nodes , you can search for lot of time to find like 6 essence runes which are useless without the other 2 types ..
FOR RABIA .. FOR HONOR
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's their way of limiting enchanting. Since there is no 'research' portion to it (like clothing / blacksmithing / woodworking for the traits), they make the source materials rare.
  • Hietala217
    Hietala217
    Soul Shriven
    I have had no issues finding runes. lol

From the 30th until I had to sign off a little over an hour ago, I've given my brother (the enchanter between us) over 70 runes... and haven't even been bothering to farm them. lol

Also, having an addon that saves their locations on your map can be useful too. This is incase you do want/need to farm them. Being an alchemist, this is why I have it. Runes are easiest to find by visiting low traffic areas, typically with ruins around. Cyrodiil isn't a terrible place to find them either, if you're comfortable with the environment.
  • Nefier
    Nefier
    Soul Shriven
    I've had no trouble finding runes. I don't even have keen eye or an add on. You just have to keep your eyes open. I could do with more Aspect Rune nodes but meh.
    Nefier of Sacred Haven
    My Tumblr Page
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know what your on about my enchanting is at lvl 26
    you guys need to understand you dont craft to level, you deconstruct glyphs.
    find the best way to get them and then youll have more than enough mats with the levels
    Edited by Veakoth on April 2, 2014 6:21AM
  • cpmworknrb19_ESO
    yeah im not running Keen Eye and i get heaps of runes. my issue is that they all the First 2. i have found almost none of the last one (the round one that gives the effect ie. poison, fire, frost)
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I have tons of the triangle and circle ones and none of the square ones. Bad luck I guess.
  • Saute
    Saute
    ✭✭
    I seem to find them pretty easy in low traffic areas, although I notice people are saying the square ones are harder to find yet in my case, I have more squares than anything. Guess I need to start trading some to people. ;)
  • Sinlar
    Sinlar
    ✭✭✭
    This one has had no trouble in locating many, it is suggested that prowling off the path that is beaten has many benefits.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a ton of issues finding the Aspect Runes (those are the circle ones right?).. I seem to have poor luck finding them, and basically never get them when deconstructing other runes. Perhaps some points in the future will help me with this.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have trouble finding white and green aspect runes (I have buckets of the other 2 types).. I have like 20 aspect runes, but all are blue and purple (and I can't use them yet, not sure why so many are showing up in a zone that pretty much caps out at level 15). The other 2 types I have not seen any rare ones at all.
  • alondra54321_ESO
    Funny, I have tons of the triangle and circle ones and none of the square ones. Bad luck I guess.
    I have the opposite problem plenty of triangle but not enough circles and squares XD

• KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Can never find any squares. Don't think I've ever gotten any from deconstructing.
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    I have TONS of squares and triangles .. basically a full bank of them .. and no circles lol I think it's because I never get circles from breaking them down and all I find in nodes is squares
    Edited by korwinthale on April 2, 2014 7:50AM
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    Rare? My bank is nearly inundated by my collection of runestones. Maybe you are getting to the nodes too late after someone has gotten them. Or could be you just have terrible luck finding them while others like myself seem to find them at every turn. A little help for you in this regard....search near trees, under overhangs/cliffs, right near the water on the shores, in between tightly spaced rock structures...and if you still have problems with it maybe spend a point in finding nodes better within 20 meters found in your skills tab under "Crafting-Enchanting"...it will be one of the passives. Hope this helps!
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    Every rune is abundant as crazy, you only need to worry about getting rekuta's kuta's and makko then your set for life
    and fyi, aspect(circle runes) have no level, only quality. They can drop legendary from starter zones or white from veteran 10 zones
    Edited by Veakoth on April 2, 2014 8:03AM
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of nodes and runes out there if you go craft harvesting or deconstruct enchantment drops.

Enchanting isn't meant to grow as fast as the others.
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    Well I dont have trouble leveling it, my issue is I have tons of the square and triangle runes and at level 20 have literally found like 5 circle ones and am just smashing all the ones I find
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    if your problem is only aspect runes, then gold may solve your problem becuase you can buy those off players since ppl tend to keep shiny stuff
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    but im out of gold from buying bank space :pensive:
  • Veakoth
    Veakoth
    ✭✭✭
    lol aww , you best bet is to sell some loads of armour and weaponry till you can afford to fund your proffesion. Another option is to get a benefactor, they tend to be quite useful esspecially when you have more than one or even a guild ;)
    Edited by Veakoth on April 2, 2014 8:18AM
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    Benefactor? What is this thing you speak of?
  • Stormchaser
    I spent about 6 hours in Stonefalls today. I put away about 2 hours JUST for hunting nodes. I found a regular supply of most other resources, but only 3 runestones... in 2 hours. Pretty much all day I only got 4 or 5 runestones. Doesn't matter how many people are online or where. I should be finding far more than that. In Bleakrock Isle, they're all over the place (probably too frequently). In Stonefalls... nowhere, but I can't keep hunting low-level stuff in Bleakrock, can I.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see making colored aspect runes rare, but Ta(white) runes should be falling from the sky in comparison.

I'm swimming in everything but aspect runes. Well, aspect runes I can use. I have more Rekutas and whatever the gold ones are than I'll ever know what to do with.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't walk 10 feet in Bal Foyen without tripping over a rune. And that is even with 500 million other people running around.

It seems some zones are loaded with runes ...
    :)
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    I can see making colored aspect runes rare, but Ta(white) runes should be falling from the sky in comparison.

I'm swimming in everything but aspect runes. Well, aspect runes I can use. I have more Rekutas and whatever the gold ones are than I'll ever know what to do with.

Maybe it depends on your faction? As a DC I'm swimming in aspect runes. Before I started crafting I had 30 Ta, 10 Rekuta, 6 Kuta. Meanwhile I had only 2 of Makko and a tragic lack of postive square ones.
  • Raist
    Raist
    AD seems to have a ton of ruins, but very few square and round. Managed to get 12 levels just from breaking down. But if you are trying to level up with another enchanter its tough if you don't have the right mats. Taking longer than expected. Must be doing something wrong.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pact here and runes are uncommon, but even with the aspect extraction theyre too rare. Im swimming in the other two though:(
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    I've always had trouble locating round runes. As a result my inventory and bank are stacked with tens of other runes which I can't use without the round one. I'm not sure if that's a bug of it was intentional.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Round runes seem the highest rarity. Makes sense...there're only 5 of them, downs of trapezoids and squares.
  • kieron.the.retnub19_ESO
    There are plenty of rune nodes in the world (At least in the EP areas, haven't played AD/DC yet). The gripe I have with Enchanting is that you can find the Blue, Purple, and Gold quality runes at levels where you can't feasibly use them, slowing down the progression (admittedly, this could just be bad luck on my part)