Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shadow Queen's Labyrinth - How much would you pay?

TybaltKaine
TybaltKaine
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get an idea for how much people would consider too much for a home like this. Considering the recent price point for homes, I'm confident that I can guess the cost - 14,000 crowns - but is that too high or just right?

This is motivated purely by my own curiosity. I'm going to get this house, it will be the one house I buy with Crowns in my ESO journey, and it will become my new primary home and guild hall. I'm hoping it's not ridiculous and over the top.

Prices listed assume unfurnished.
Edited by TybaltKaine on August 19, 2023 5:35PM
  • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
  • PC/NA
  • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
  • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
  • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
  • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
  • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"

Shadow Queen's Labyrinth - How much would you pay? 63 votes

14,000 Crowns +
7%
seanaseb17_ESOLukosCreydenMythgard1967thecatsme0wKnightofGears 5 votes
10,000 - 12,000 Crowns (in line with older homes)
22%
BethgaellillybitDrathlySilverIce58FroilcarthalisSDKTJFantasticFreddiebridgetroseRemathilisSerafinaWaterstarTahlavos17Tyrant_Timdanko355 14 votes
5,000 - 7000 Crowns (usually for blank space homes)
7%
Punches_Below_BeltKallykatTheGreatBlackBearhiziumjlats 5 votes
Free - Make it an event house
41%
BelegnolezetavivernSilverBrideDestaiValarMorghulis1896TheNuminous1YAVAYLikiLokiCatagamiQaghVinterskaldRavensilverspartaxoxoHappyTheCamperMyceliusEthanolMuffinsTenthirty2EmilyElizabethESOtim77evymyu233 26 votes
Other/Prefer not to say/Cost isn't a factor
20%
AjaxandrielAvalonRangerAliyavanaRaddlemanNumber7SturmfaengerJinxxy85DragonreduxLugalduArthturTaSheenTybaltKaineVaqualaru 13 votes
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10kk gold. Im not expecting a free house every time but it would be nice to get something good for gold and not for crowns.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Putting a price on this house is hard to say, if it wasn’t in a dark, gloomy, hard to see area it would be worth more to me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    10kk gold. Im not expecting a free house every time but it would be nice to get something good for gold and not for crowns.

I should have added a "Requires achievement and buy for gold" option to the poll. Hate that I can't edit it now. I agree, more stuff should be available in game. Even cosmetics like tattoos, haircuts and such should have NPC's that sell the styles for gold.
    • PC/NA
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to get the furnished versions of houses I decide to add to my collection; those that aren't simply
    "strategic" purchases.
    And with bigger houses like this one, I [grudgingly] plan on having to pay a maximal number of crowns (e.g., like what they tend to charge for other furnished Notable Houses. Which is, of course, a guessing game until they actually release a particular house, since they refuse to share price info before-hand, which is highly irritating).
    I've been pleasantly surprised once or twice when the cost was [a little] lower than what I budgeted for, though I never bank on that happening.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • TX12001rwb17_ESO
      TX12001rwb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'm guessing 13,000 crowns.
    • LukosCreyden
      LukosCreyden
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      14,000 Crowns +
      Guessing this one is getting added around Witches Festival?
      Probably gonna cost 14k crowns

EDIT: I am a big dummy who apparently cannot read. I would NOT pay 14k crowns for it at all, but I bet it will cost that much.
      Would much rather it be free as part of the event.
      Edited by LukosCreyden on August 21, 2023 11:14AM
      Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      is this house on live servers for preview?
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
    • Lugaldu
      Lugaldu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Probably I would buy it for 12.000 crowns, but only if it would be situated on Artaeum or Summerset isle... Like that I will not even think about buying it.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Yes.
      Clockwork CIty; Reactor District.
      Take a left after you step into the district.
      Look for an Evergloam portal near a dead-end.

011rOnZ.png
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on August 22, 2023 7:14PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Necrotech_Master
        Necrotech_Master
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Yes.
        Clockwork CIty; Reactor District.
        Take a left after you step into the district.

011rOnZ.png

thanks! ill be checking it out tonight
        plays PC/NA
        handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        thanks! ill be checking it out tonight

I was editing an addition onto my post when you responded...

The entrance isn't out in the open; it's kinda tucked-away behind some grating near the end of the corridor.

WsqXmWa.png
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • Necrotech_Master
          Necrotech_Master
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          thats kind of neat, though to be honest ive almost never used the "natural" house entrance, i just get close enough on the map for it to pop up and then ill just click to port there from the map to do the preview

its really annoying the new houses for preview arent really shown even in the crown store or announced anywhere so have no idea which zone to even go to for it
          plays PC/NA
          handle @Necrotech_Master

• Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          its really annoying the new houses for preview arent really shown even in the crown store or announced anywhere so have no idea which zone to even go to for it

I "buy" them on the PTS, then I don't have to go searching for them once they hit Live; I already know where they are.
            PC/NA Warden Main
          • Necrotech_Master
            Necrotech_Master
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭

I "buy" them on the PTS, then I don't have to go searching for them once they hit Live; I already know where they are.

that makes sense, i dont have PTS installed (and dont really want to) so not an option for me lol

i did check out the house last night, its got a real luigis mansion/haunted house vibe going on and i like the pre-built hedge maze
            plays PC/NA
            handle @Necrotech_Master

• TybaltKaine
            TybaltKaine
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Really wish we could see the furnished version even when it's not available for purchase. They did a really nice job with this one.
            • PC/NA
          • Grizzbeorn
            Grizzbeorn
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭
            i like the pre-built hedge maze

I like that the hedge isn't "built-in" to the environment (permanent); the hedge pieces are furnishings, so can be moved.

XKzQge8.png
              PC/NA Warden Main
            • Necrotech_Master
              Necrotech_Master
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              i like the pre-built hedge maze

I like that the hedge isn't "built-in" to the environment (permanent); the hedge pieces are furnishings, so can be moved.

XKzQge8.png

yeah i noticed that too, though the only problem with that as it is probably takes a lot of furnishing slots even with the "unfurnished" house to have all of the hedges there
              plays PC/NA
              handle @Necrotech_Master

• TybaltKaine
              TybaltKaine
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              It's like 275 fully furnished iirc
              • PC/NA
            • Wildberryjack
              Wildberryjack
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Nothing. Will be passing on it. Too big, too spread out, too much outside area and not nearly enough house.
              The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
            • thecatsme0w
              thecatsme0w
              ✭✭✭
              14,000 Crowns +
              it'll probably be 14k crowns and I'm already budgeting to buy it. I love mazes, I love the Alinor aesthetic. I need this house. Mind you, I'm at the point where I am only missing about 10 houses total.
              thecatsme0w
              PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 5 short of that goal.
            • KronikFlatulenz
              KronikFlatulenz
              ✭✭✭
              $90 usd is absolutely ridiculous and over the top for an imaginary house. I love housing but I have never paid USD for a house because the price is already ridiculous.
            • kah
              kah
              ✭✭✭
              I absolutely love this house, but I won't buy this house until crown gifting comes back or some other system is implemented or it's like the equivalent of $15 USD. So probably not gonna get it for years haha. :sweat_smile:

EDIT: I won't lie. I'm a little bummed out about the house they chose as a reward for the upcoming event. Every other one on PTS was better in my opinion. Shadow Queen's Labyrinth is my favorite, but I think the Apocrypha house would have been more fitting to celebrate the Necrom chapter.
              Edited by kah on September 22, 2023 7:27PM
            • Tenthirty2
              Tenthirty2
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              I went with event house for my vote, but after touring it last night I likely won't purchase, especially if it's 10k crowns or more, nope.
              I'm glad if some are excited for it but nothing about it stood out for me, no really unique features enough that made me want it. The few extra features it does have don't seem well thought out :/

Few thoughts (and many "buts" lol):
              - The entrance location, meh. I know if I owned it I can fast travel to it, but something about the entrance location is off-putting. Prolly just a "me" thing.

- The grounds are ok, I like the bridge cross-over to the grounds proper. There are a couple elevated areas with gloam shades and motes that look neat but... you can't get to them. (Maybe in build mode you could get up there idk) I know they are set dressing but it would have been bonus points to be able to get up there freely.

- The waterfall and river\moat are neat, but several homes already have this, some much better.

- The hedge maze. A neat idea, but it's nothing that I couldn't build myself at other properties. I'd likely have to rearrange it before I'd be happy with it all.

- There is a portal on the entrance side of the property that takes you behind (??) the house itself. But I wouldn't like that I couldn't move it or really hide it well. Like if I wanted to reconfigure that maze to make it difficult to walk to the house and use the portal as a secret entrance, won't really work so well I fear.
              They could have at least made one of the windows in the back near the portal a usable "secret" entrance. As it is now you portal over and great, now I'm in back of the house and still have to walk around to the front? bleh.

- The house itself, just ok. The architecture is nice (LOVE the sound of Alinor doors hehe), with the dark motif everywhere I could see this being an interesting gothic-type home build project. But the interior of the house is unremarkable to me. No balconies, smaller rooms felt cramped, no basement\sub-structure. No secret passages :( Why not have a small cellar that has a secret passage that leads out to the other side of the stream by the main property entrance, get rid of the portal.

I'm not calling it a "bad" property, the design feels a little rushed maybe? But others will be happy to get it and that is awesome. I just don't see this one being for me.
              Also not a bad thing as I have so many other homes I can work on yet lol.
              • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
              • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
              • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
            • Sturmfaenger
              Sturmfaenger
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Other: nothing. I don't like it. At all.
              PC/EU
            • Aliyavana
              Aliyavana
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Nothing. Ive been wanting this kind of smaller summerset house since i saw it, but it being in a daedric realm with unnatural lighting made me pass it.
              Edited by Aliyavana on October 6, 2023 3:30AM
            • Destai
              Destai
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭
              It should be earnable in-game.

This is another example of where rewards can be improved. I'm happy we got the event reward house, but I think there needs to be some more work done. Fundamentally, I don't think there should anything exclusive to the crown store, let alone a house that's more expensive than the game itself and only for a limited window.

Additionally, events are feeling quite repetitive, and if they're not going to shake up the activities, they could at least add more attractive rewards like houses. And if not in an event, tie to an achievement like a trial or something. Use these rewards to incentivize players coming together in normal activities.
              Edited by Destai on October 10, 2023 3:50PM
            • KnightofGears
              KnightofGears
              ✭✭
              14,000 Crowns +
              I'll pay the probably 14000+ crowns it'll cost for this one, even though I do think ESO houses in general are a little overpriced.....

I actually like the location... With the evergloam sky I think it has the potential for a beautiful romantic nighttime garden, combined with a cozy candlelit atmosphere indoors.
              Since I use my houses primarily for making screenshots, this house will be a good addition to the psijic villa (that has no nighttime). Also, I will probably never need another hedge again :)

• TaSheen
              TaSheen
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              I'm just not interested in the house at all. Not my kind of thing.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....