ESO Trading Hub is now publicly available - Addon and Price List

• saf227_ESO
    saf227_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like the website WAAAAAY more than TTC. I find the search easier, faster, and more intuitive. And that it more closely matches the in-game categories and icons is a big plus.
    I'd like to install the add-ons, but not until they're on esoui & Minion.
    Options
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    saf227_ESO wrote: »
    Personally, I like the website WAAAAAY more than TTC. I find the search easier, faster, and more intuitive. And that it more closely matches the in-game categories and icons is a big plus.
    I'd like to install the add-ons, but not until they're on esoui & Minion.

it is always going to need a client running, to automatically update the price data and to feed your observations back up to the server to populate it. there isn't much advantage to pulling that from esoui instead of the client doing it.
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure there is an advantage:
    I see that the client can upate ittself but where do I get the client at first then and how do I know it exists if I'm not one of the lucky guys able to use this forum here?

As ESOUI is the one source for official ESO addons it's easier to find and get support for addons and addon related issues,
    it's easier to find this addon here (via Minion e.g.),
    and it's easier to keep it "official".

Even if the client included into this addon can update ittself you need to RUN the client to check and do that update.
    If you only got Minion and upoad the addon to esoui and keep it updated there Minion would tell you there is an update and do that for you, without actually using the client of the addon.
    -> Very same as with TTC addon.

I know the addon's idea is to run the client frequently but you know how often ppl forget that :-) And woner why their prices are old then.

So you only got benefits from a user's perspective imo, especially if they are used to run Minion once a day.

But that's up to the author of this addon here. They will have their reasons why it's not on ESOUI.

Edited by Baertram on November 17, 2023 12:47PM
    Options