ESO Trading Hub is now publicly available - Addon and Price List

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
You can read the full press release here for the ESO Trading Hub.

TLDR: ESO Trading Hub is a new trading addon/ price checker.

How to download the addon
: ESO-Hub.com created its own client that automatically updates. Head over to the "Getting Started with the ESO-Hub Trading Addon" page to follow the install instructions.

Please note that you will have to /reloadui or log out to send the data to update the item listings on the site (All addons work like that in ESO).

The addon is also lightweight. Therefore it won't impact your ESO performance as much as other addons may.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 3:10PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just a price-check addon, or does it help you find items for sale as well? If it's the second one how does it compare to Tamriel Trade Centre? (I know the press release keeps mentioning that you don't need to "open hundreds of tabs" to check prices, but I've never had to do that with any of the other addons I've used so I don't understand how this one is different.)

I will probably try it at some point when I have the time and inclination to work through all the installation steps, but it would be helpful to have a quick run-down of how this compares to some of the common trading addons already in use, to make it clear what the differences are.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TinaSeelenherz
    TinaSeelenherz
    ✭✭✭
    The ESO Trading Hub addon is used for in-game pricing search as well as for searching for items on the ESO Trading Hub website.
    Personally I find the item search on ESO Trading Hub much clearer and more comfortable compared to TTC and the more players use ESO Trading Hub the better it will be because there will be more trading data available.
    Thanks ESO Hub for the development
    Edited by TinaSeelenherz on July 24, 2023 4:31PM
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will check this out for sure
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh I'll give this a whirl when I can get on later.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about TTC? How does the TTC dev feel about this? His opinion matters to me.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I wouldn't be surprised if the TTC dev welcomes this, as they have moved on from ESO like five years ago or so, so doing the same but a bit more convenient may be a good idea in general...
    I'm also not sure how this is different from TTC, apart from the much more convenient and easier-to-use search site. Is it different from TTC in its core functionality? And again, I'm fine if it just does the same things but better. It's just a bit murky at this front atm. :)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not on Minion? Couldn't see it on there :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    Will this be better than the Tamriel Trade Centre addon for checking prices? As far as I'm aware, TTC addon only shows you what items are worth based on the prices they're selling for at any guild traders you've visited, but this looks like it takes into account ALL the guild traders in game. Is that correct? If so, then surely this will be more accurate.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanchatron wrote: »
    Will this be better than the Tamriel Trade Centre addon for checking prices? As far as I'm aware, TTC addon only shows you what items are worth based on the prices they're selling for at any guild traders you've visited, but this looks like it takes into account ALL the guild traders in game. Is that correct? If so, then surely this will be more accurate.

TTC shows you listings for all guilds that have been scanned in game, regardless of whether they’re your guilds or not.

ETA: Other players’ scans are taken into account as well. That’s why all up to date TTC info is identical, as opposed to MM or ATT.
    Edited by virtus753 on July 24, 2023 6:55PM
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, what.

• kevkj
    kevkj
    ✭✭✭✭
    Classique naming and shaming snip.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of this when we already have MM and TTC. Why do people keep making addons of mods that have already been made?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TTC uses all players scans to get price estimates. If anyone has scanned a trader recently it will be factored in.

The reason the prices can be misleading is because it's based on items offered for sale, not ones which have sold, meaning it includes some which never will sell. It may not be a problem because commonly traded items will have enough entries that it balances out the anomalies, and truely rare items often are extremely valuable, but there's a lot that fall in between. If there's only a dozen entries of something normally worth a couple of thousand gold and someone lists one for 7 million it's going to skew the data.

I use both TTC and ATT - which takes data from actual sales but only in your guilds - to get price estimates and compare the two.

But the big advantage of TTC for me is being able to see where things are being sold. I have absolutely no interest in trading as a "mini game" or second job, I just want to buy things I need for a reasonable price as quickly as possible rather than waste my time visiting traders basically at random and hoping to get lucky. If this new addon can somehow do that better then it would be useful, but I haven't had time to try it out yet to see if it's any different.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already TTC and ATT or MM, this seems a little fishy to me. TTC is intentionally slow to update to help prevent price fixing and it shows price histories and averages etc. TTC also tells us which trader an item is at saving people a lot of time.

The worry with new price checking addons are do they have protections in place for the economy and are there protections from the devs/bad actors to influence the markets by altering prices?
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question. So... why do we need this? I hate to be this guy I'm sure folks worked really hard to set all this up.

However, TTC works great. Its not perfect, no. But it works and I don't need an account they don't track my personal info, such as it is.

I just don't see a need for anything else slowing things down. That said, if I really cared I'd use MM, which is slow enough and always seems to have problems.
    Edited by Vulkunne on July 24, 2023 11:01PM
    "I know that someday that sun is bound to shine." -Ella Fitzgerald
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kevkj wrote: »
    Classique naming and shaming snip.

Even being on the Class Representative team does not protect you against the snip of death :O It's not a protective class I see.
    Edited by RaikaNA on July 24, 2023 11:04PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulkunne wrote: »
    Question. So... why do we need this? I hate to be this guy I'm sure folks worked really hard to set all this up.

However, TTC works great. Its not perfect, no. But it works and I don't need an account they don't track my personal info, such as it is.

I just don't see a need for anything else slowing things down. That said, if I really cared I'd use MM, which is slow enough and always seems to have problems.

You don't seem to need an account with this new adding either.

Just sayin'.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill leave this hot take here since its relevant, zos should remove every one of these addons. TTC, MM, any and all of them. A centralized auction house was not how things were designed or intended in eso. And imo its part of the reason why prices fluctuate so much, and get so high, on pc. [Snip]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 2:37PM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I for one am thankful for these types of addons because of the time they save when I’m looking for something, but that’s a different topic.

I looked at the screenshots of the new one. Am I understanding it right that the info we see on the TTC website we can now get inside the game with this addon?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Personally I for one am thankful for these types of addons because of the time they save when I’m looking for something, but that’s a different topic.

I looked at the screenshots of the new one. Am I understanding it right that the info we see on the TTC website we can now get inside the game with this addon?
    I don't think so. It looks like the only addon UI is the one mentioned after the subheading "Ingame Addon'' in the page
    https://eso-hub.com/en/news/eso-trading-hub-is-now-publicly-available-addon-and-price-list
    and everything above that is what you see on the ESO-Hub trading page. In other words, it works very similarly to TTC.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    ill leave this hot take here since its relevant, zos should remove every one of these addons. TTC, MM, any and all of them. A centralized auction house was not how things were designed or intended in eso. And imo its part of the reason why prices fluctuate so much, and get so high, on pc. [Snip]

Most people don't care about trading and playing the market, they just want to get what they need and go do the fun parts of the game. [Snip].

[Edited quote and bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 2:38PM
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if this is available to console players?
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, reading this press release on PC is so annoying!
    Why do you need all these ads popping up and cluttering up the text on a page that's already advertising a product.
    Irritating!
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    Most people don't care about trading and playing the market, they just want to get what they need and go do the fun parts of the game.[Snip] .

Trading is fun part of the game :|

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 2:40PM
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Most people don't care about trading and playing the market, they just want to get what they need and go do the fun parts of the game. [Snip]

I guess that depends on player, like everything. Fun for you, not fun for me - fun for me, not fun for you.

I'm very thankful to every trading addon here, going to test this one later today. Do you think it will work fine with ATT and TTC at same time? :3

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 2:41PM
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nebula3832 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is available to console players?

Nope, console players are SOL.

Add-ons only work on PC. ZOS does not do add-ons for console. I know people blame Sony and Microsoft, but Bethesda did it for Skyrim on PS4 and Xbox. Think the ball is also in ZOS court as well as Sony and Microsoft.

Danikat hit it perfectly for me when they said, "I have absolutely no interest in trading as a "mini game" or second job, I just want to buy things I need for a reasonable price as quickly as possible rather than waste my time visiting traders basically at random and hoping to get lucky."

Why I so wish ZOS would do some kind of Global auction house at least for console. With over 200 trader spots in the game now.

Stay safe :)
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Most people don't care about trading and playing the market, they just want to get what they need and go do the fun parts of the game. [Snip]

I played Lineage 2 without any action houses - no, that's not fun

[Edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 30, 2023 2:45PM
  • nebula3832
    nebula3832
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks hotdog_23 for reply 🙂
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I give the mobile site a 2.5/10, because there's about 25% of the screen covered with data-heavy ads that re-load each time you do a new search.

r27gr0aqbf9b.png

I'll pass until there aren't auto-playing HD video ads, sometimes 2 at once. Don't care whether the site needs (or wants) ad revenue, it's not a nice user experience.

Search seems to work alright, which is actually a big achievement. Doesn't seem majorly better than TTC yet.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

TTC uses all players scans to get price estimates. If anyone has scanned a trader recently it will be factored in.

The reason the prices can be misleading is because it's based on items offered for sale, not ones which have sold, meaning it includes some which never will sell. It may not be a problem because commonly traded items will have enough entries that it balances out the anomalies, and truely rare items often are extremely valuable, but there's a lot that fall in between. If there's only a dozen entries of something normally worth a couple of thousand gold and someone lists one for 7 million it's going to skew the data.

I use both TTC and ATT - which takes data from actual sales but only in your guilds - to get price estimates and compare the two.

But the big advantage of TTC for me is being able to see where things are being sold. I have absolutely no interest in trading as a "mini game" or second job, I just want to buy things I need for a reasonable price as quickly as possible rather than waste my time visiting traders basically at random and hoping to get lucky. If this new addon can somehow do that better then it would be useful, but I haven't had time to try it out yet to see if it's any different.
    Agree, I tend to use TTC web site for looking for rarer stuff like rare motifs and then the location is essential.
    Other use is to check prices for rarer items, MM works well enough for more common ones and it shows sale value who is more useful than listed ones.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.