Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone still not able to play?

DovahkiinKreiger313
im currently getting my issue ''resolved'' by the ESO team..and I hope it's soon..but is anyone else missing out on all 5 days of their early access? Can't believe ive used up 3 already...-le sigh- Im just curious if anyone has still yet to get in game :/
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not having any problems here, I'm sorry things aren't working for you:(. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. What kind of rig are you playing on.
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    I hope it get's fixed too honestly...im saddened I can't enjoy this great game, and I never miss an elder scrolls for anything...Im not too keen on computer stuff, but he is my diag, and even when playing all the Beta I had no problems what so ever and up till the last beta my launcher refuses to even open, and I literally mean it wont bring up to click play, or even appear (alot of people read over that).

I have uninstalled like 20 times literally and I think I still need to re install the 30 gigs the game needs...which I can't even do and I don't know whats causing it.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Knowing something about the problem you are having and what kind of hardware you have might be helpful for obtaining suggestions on possible solutions.
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    Kaspar wrote: »
    Knowing something about the problem you are having and what kind of hardware you have might be helpful for obtaining suggestions on possible solutions.

Trust me ive already sent ESO everything they need to know about my system.

But my problem is my launcher simply won't open, and this happened weeks before the game even was close to release. When I say it won't open I literally mean nothing appears on my screen from clicking the application, it'll sit in the task bar and pretend to work and never show up, including the screen to even click play.

Thing is my Nvidia app won't open either....
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    @DovahkiinKreiger313 I see that you are running Windows 8, have you tried running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 2 or 3?
    Staff Post
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, have you tried running the DirectX End-User Runtime installer? I know I had to when I transferred the game files off my install rig onto my secondary rig running the W8.1 RTM.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    I was able to get in once now I cant I deleted the shadercache.cooked file and it wont come back when I run it as a admin
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    Hey, have you tried running the DirectX End-User Runtime installer? I know I had to when I transferred the game files off my install rig onto my secondary rig running the W8.1 RTM.

Im currently running in safe mode for a sec to try and troubleshoot start up maybe..and I think I may have but im not sure, would that be located in the game file or something separate? (computer illiterate sorry).
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    deadrez wrote: »
    I was able to get in once now I cant I deleted the shadercache.cooked file and it wont come back when I run it as a admin

Someone told me to do the same thing and it didn't help, does your game even work now? :cry:
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    no
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    deadrez: Maybe try deleting the entire Elder Scrolls Online folder that is located in your Documents folder. The entire folder should be re-created when you press the Play button in the launcher. Do you have any folders and other files in the Documents folder other than the ShaderCache.cooked file that you deleted?
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    @DovahkiinKreiger313 I see that you are running Windows 8, have you tried running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 2 or 3?

I believe I did try a few of those but not all...it's so hard to keep up with all the troubleshoot options i go through honestly..haha.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    no just that one file all the other files I left alone
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Dovan: you can download the DirectX installer here.
    Edited by Kaspar on April 1, 2014 4:25PM
  • DovahkiinKreiger313

GREAT NEWS!! I fixed it! i ran it and am installing in safe mode and will attempt to play it after it is finished :smile: I was never even able to udate my client until now :D
  • DovahkiinKreiger313
    no just that one file all the other files I left alone

I fixed it man! try running in safe mode, and then downloading a whole new client if you've deleted it, and then re install in safe mode.

I f the game is still on your computer, try running it in safe mode still when you try and start it up, maybe it was being stopped by other admin programs?
  • DovahkiinKreiger313

I fixed it!! i ran it am installing in safe mode for now :D
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    deadrez: Browse to your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder. Is there a folder named "live" that contains game related files and folders? This is where the ShaderCache.cooked file would have been.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    kaspar I have the live folder and all the files in it just not the shader file
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Dovah: Sweet news Bro! Hope you get in game soon... Maybe they tweaked something server side during the maintenance.

deadrez: just delete the whole Documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder. It should be re-created when you press PLAY in the launcher and re-generate that ShaderCache.cooked file during the load.

P.S. I went grocery shopping and got food & beerz.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    I did that and the elder scrolls folder hasn't come back when I clicked play
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    So you get the launcher started and the PLAY button is blue, yes? and then you press PLAY and what happens?
  • fuchs.saraub17_ESO

GREAT NEWS!! I fixed it! i ran it and am installing in safe mode and will attempt to play it after it is finished :smile: I was never even able to udate my client until now :D

How did you get that fixed? Im having some issue myself with that client stuff.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    the play button goes grey after I click it then it turns blue again after a few secends
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    deadrez: does it generate a new Documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder with the live folder in it?
  • fuchs.saraub17_ESO
    the play button goes grey after I click it then it turns blue again after a few secends
    Had that same issue(still do infact) Try doing this and tell me if it work for you. Here is what they told me to do:

Players should first try and repair the game client. They can do so by following the process below:

Repair the Game Client

1.Highlight the title of the game client that needs to be repaired by clicking on it

2.Click on "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)

3.From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Repair"

4.Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game

5.If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files

Should the repair not work, players will need to reinstall the client.

The following steps to uninstall and reinstall the ESO game client will resolve the errors and allow a player to play the game.

Uninstall the Game Client

1.From the launcher, select the title of the relevant game client

2.Click "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)

3.From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Uninstall"

4.IMPORTANT: Players should not uninstall the client through their computer's Control Panel

5.Click "Apply"

Install the Game Client

1.From the launcher, select the game client

2.Click "Install"

• Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Just so you are aware I have deleted the Documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder to test my intended remark and it's ok to do so. When you click PLAY again the game re-creates the folder and files during start-up to detect your default system and file settings.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    it didn't restore it for me im reinstalling the game right now ill get back to you when its done
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    What's your system specs? Type in run DXDiag and post it here.
  • deadrez
    deadrez
    here
    Edited by deadrez on April 1, 2014 7:47PM