The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unknown error

BigJulian
BigJulian
so after 2 days I am still unable to play the game. Even after repairing and uninstalling then reinstalling the game. It still shows "unknown" error after I log in. Is anyone else having this problem? very disappointing especially for the price, 2 days of no play now.
  • Baird11b
    Baird11b
    I have it as well
    Options
  • buttpirate63
    I also have this issue.
    Options
  • SirCheetah
    I'm having this issue too.
    Options
  • Abovereproach
    I had the same problem and after much frustration figured out the problem and I would imagine many others are having the same issue.

FIX: Look at your fire wall, windows is causing the problem, especially if you have (Win 8.1). Make sure it is set to allow Zenimax launcher and ESO client is on the allow list.
    Options
  • BigJulian
    BigJulian
    none of that works. The problem isn't my computer. its the game. everything is up to date. I have changed the settings so many times. then fixed and then uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The game will not work. I just want a full refund so I can just uninstall and not be scammed.
    Options
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. if you're still encountering the "Unknown Error" issue, be sure to sent the requested information in a private message, listed on this thread here. This will help us to determine the cause of the error you're receiving.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post