Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a quest after Bloodthorn Assassins in that line?

TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
I am one of the lucky few who managed to get through Bloodthorn Assassins, and I know I can just wander out and do quests, and I have been, but I was wondering what the next kind of main daggerfall line quest is? I don't recall King Casimir giving me a direction to go and help people after that, and I seem to recall when I was playing AD on Beta that after the equivalent spot in that questline, there was a pretty clear indicator of what to do next. Also, I thought I remembered it even being clearer on Daggerfall side where we were headed next, but I am not sure. Anyway, anyone know?
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is.

Edited out spoiler
    Edited by Azarul on April 1, 2014 3:21PM
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Can you just hide-tag the spoiler
    like this
    ? Or just give me a hint as to how to get it.
  • digof
    digof
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like to know this too...
  • Khelrik
    Khelrik
    ✭✭
    Yeah, there is one more quest (maybe two) I think after the crates. I won't reveal the actual quests, but one of the rewards at the end is a skill point, so it's worth doing imo.
  • digof
    digof
    Soul Shriven
    the question was not about a follow-up on the crates quest in the shipyard, but on the final stage with king casimir. It's when you get your extra skill point I think. It just ends quite abruptly...
  • Khelrik
    Khelrik
    ✭✭
    digof wrote: »
    the question was not about a follow-up on the crates quest in the shipyard, but on the final stage with king casimir. It's when you get your extra skill point I think. It just ends quite abruptly...

You are correct. I misread the OP comments and understood it as was there any quests after the Bloodthorn Assassins quest, assuming he was stuck at the crates part and was wondering if should seek to finish it or not. Totally off the mark.

As far as King Casimir goes, I agree that the quest does just end abruptly and doesn't really provide a "next step" in the quest line, it could very well be that the quest line ends there as intended, and we have to just go out and seek other quests to continue the plot.

• Xetjar
    Xetjar
    I deleted the bloodthorn quest, does anyone know where you can pick it up again?
  • Halefire
    Halefire
    ✭✭
    It's the one where you gain the most xp.

• Halefire
    Halefire
    ✭✭
    In that line of quests , and a reward.
  • Khelrik
    Khelrik
    ✭✭
    I deleted the bloodthorn quest, does anyone know where you can pick it up again?

Should be a body in a small pond/lake/river inside of the city walls, named 'Roy". He has list on him that begins the trail leading to that quest, iirc.

• Ubiach
    Ubiach
    you get 1 skill point when you complete all quest from this line
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you just hide-tag the spoiler
    like this
    ? Or just give me a hint as to how to get it.

Theres no way to get it without completing the crates one. Just be patient they will have it fixed soon.
  • digof
    digof
    Soul Shriven
    oh c'mon people... it's not about the crates part of this quest. just please try to understand the question before you answer it.
    Edited by digof on April 2, 2014 12:43PM
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    it stops rather abruptly. But the next part is probably southeast of daggerfall where you can help some wardens. :)
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once you finish the step in the castle and get the skillpoint, the "next quest" is a whole new line that brings you to Aldcroft and then Camlorn, from a woman who will run up the steps to the castle after you zone outside back into Daggerfall City. It is the questline that...
    involves the whole werewolf infestation, leading to the Duke then killing Faolchu in Camlorn at the very end.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Once you finish the step in the castle and get the skillpoint, the "next quest" is a whole new line that brings you to Aldcroft and then Camlorn, from a woman who will run up the steps to the castle after you zone outside back into Daggerfall City. It is the questline that...
    involves the whole werewolf infestation, leading to the Duke then killing Faolchu in Camlorn at the very end.

oh ok... so that's the problem, nothing happened when I got out of the castle, no new quest or questgiver. nothing... can you still find her there?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @digof, you should be able to... the only reason you probably didn't see her was due to the server load causing issues, like with the crates in Daggerfall. She should appear near the castle steps if you go back there, if it is unbugged once the downtime is over. It's just a breadcrumbs quest though, so you should be able to continue if you go to Aldcroft regardless :).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 2, 2014 2:00PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    @digof, you should be able to... the only reason you probably didn't see her was due to the server load causing issues, like with the crates in Daggerfall. She should appear near the castle steps if you go back there, if it is unbugged once the downtime is over. It's just a breadcrumbs quest though, so you should be able to continue if you go to Aldcroft regardless :).

ok, cool. thx!
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO

Yeah nothing happened for me when I left the castle either. On either of my characters who completed that quest.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Don't just follow breadcrumb quests. Follow the compass. The compass is likely to lead you East or North along the shore line or even make a circuit of the environs just outside Daggerfall.
    If you feel comfortable about you level, maybe follow a breadcrumb to the next city. Consider Daggerfall to be 6-10 and the next city kicks off stuff for lvl 11s.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Don't just follow breadcrumb quests. Follow the compass. The compass is likely to lead you East or North along the shore line or even make a circuit of the environs just outside Daggerfall.
    If you feel comfortable about you level, maybe follow a breadcrumb to the next city. Consider Daggerfall to be 6-10 and the next city kicks off stuff for lvl 11s.

I do some exploring, but I also like breadcrumbs. The point is to play how you want, right? Sometimes, I want to follow the breadcrumbs. And it is a little concerning and frustrating when it seems like there should be breadcrumbs and there aren't. Especially since I am actually interested in the story of said breadcrumbs.
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Yeah. Upon logging in now, there is no quest giver near the castle to give me the next quest. This is frustrating. =/
  • ESObtst_Grig
    i finished the quest but not on the log !! I saved the king and now guess what , i can take the quest again .. go at creates , then i'm sent to the palace , i enter and i get the quest talk to the king . THE KING is bugged i can't talk to him !!
  • dumbo
    dumbo
    I do some exploring, but I also like breadcrumbs. The point is to play how you want, right? Sometimes, I want to follow the breadcrumbs. And it is a little concerning and frustrating when it seems like there should be breadcrumbs and there aren't. Especially since I am actually interested in the story of said breadcrumbs.

When you went out of the city to do the Fighter's guild quest (just East of the city), I believe an icon appears on your compass for a 'point of interest'.

AFAIK there are no quests leading to those locations, but they often have breadcrumb trails.
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    dumbo wrote: »

When you went out of the city to do the Fighter's guild quest (just East of the city), I believe an icon appears on your compass for a 'point of interest'.

AFAIK there are no quests leading to those locations, but they often have breadcrumb trails.

That may be, I did get the next questline started by actually going to Aldcroft. But a.) I am concerned about not finishing all the quests for Glenumbra and getting the achievement, if I am not able to get some linking quest that is supposed to be there (So I hope you're right and there isn't one). And b.) I want my character traveling there to feel as organic as possible, and that would be easier if there was someone who said "Hey! Go to Aldcroft! we have problems!"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you skipped a step. I'm pretty shore the girl that comes running up directs you to the mill. There's a whole set of quests between Dagger fall and Aldcroft.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • shobarusb14_ESO
    Heres what happened to me. I stepped into the castle and the quest disapeared from my journal, I saved the king and got noe xp no skill point nothing. Then When I talked to the king and captain the king says thanks for saving me but again nothing happens. ANy advice? Anyone else have this happen?
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    driosketch wrote: »
    I think you skipped a step. I'm pretty shore the girl that comes running up directs you to the mill. There's a whole set of quests between Dagger fall and Aldcroft.

I think you're right. As there is a Wyress sister just outside Daggerfall who gives you the quest to
    save the Wyrd tree
    , but I have another problem now, which is that my wife after finishing that line got the quest that sends her to Aldcroft, and since I had already started the Aldcroft line, I did not. Which means, I think I am screwed out of the Glenumbra quests achievement, because now I cannot get that quest.
    Edited by TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO on April 4, 2014 3:21AM
  • Dafroog
    Dafroog
    ✭✭
    You can continue the werewolf chain without completing the assassins/crate quest, I had already completed the chain by the time i went back and finished bloodthorn assassins. Most the quests in the area follow a loose story the bloodthorn assassins quest is just one of the first of them and it ends when you get the skill point (and the castle icon on the map turns white), you don't need a connecting quest to continue the story though even if there is one (don't remember one myself)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres what happened to me. I stepped into the castle and the quest disapeared from my journal, I saved the king and got noe xp no skill point nothing. Then When I talked to the king and captain the king says thanks for saving me but again nothing happens. ANy advice? Anyone else have this happen?

Yes, this happened to me. When I left the castle, the guard outside offered me the quest again. I had to go to the docks, open the crate again, etc. When I got to the castle again, I stuck close to the King to get it to work. Ignore the assassins streaming in and just follow and protect the King. That worked for me the second time. But who knows. It might just have been dumb luck that it worked the second time, not anything I did different.