Steed mundus lost

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've noticed on xbox that when I put steed on then change zones I lose the mundus effect altogether..
Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 26, 2023 4:51PM
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    So I've noticed on xbox that when I put steed on then change zones I lose the mundus effect altogether..

It happened to me on PC EU the other day. In fact I had to try quite a few times to even activate it. And that was on all three overland zones.
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really buggy on PC NA as well.
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, would you all be able to check if you can still see if the mundus is active or not? We are trying to figure out if the effect itself is bugged or just the visual icon. If you go back to the Steed Mundus, please check if it will let you pick up the effect or not.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • CheeseTuber
    CheeseTuber
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is visual. I have the same issue on my PC even after the patch yesterday. In one area I have the mundus in the buff list and next area it disappears ... a couple of ports later, it is back. But I don't notice any significant loss in movement speed.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, would you all be able to check if you can still see if the mundus is active or not? We are trying to figure out if the effect itself is bugged or just the visual icon. If you go back to the Steed Mundus, please check if it will let you pick up the effect or not.

Hi Kevin,

The Steed Mundus has been bugged on PC since the release of Necrom. You can get the Mundus effect by going to a Steed Stone located in the world, but in-house purchased Steed Stones do not work at all.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi Keven. Tested as suggested. I reapplied The Steed with no problems at The Rift. I then ported around and the Mundus disappeared and reappeared at will from port to port. When it was no longer showing I applied my build to the armoury via Ghrasharog. It was showing up as activated in the armoury while not showing up on my stat sheet. I think that may be of some help. Cheers.
    Options
  • Storm27Stars
    Storm27Stars
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all, I've had this problem on PC NA since Necrom.

I can stand at a mundus and click Steed, then turn around, turn back and apply it again. I did it four times once before it stopped letting me do it.

It seems to turn off and back on again when you switch zones. If I want it to work in Cyrodiil I make sure I switch zone first, so it's off, and then when I go in to Cyrodiil it's there.

Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin

from what I can tell it's just the visual icon
    case in point i got slapped with the bug but my crit chance remained constant despite "the theif" buff vanishing
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback all. We've pass this on to the team. They have a bug report in from PC launch, but we are continuing investigations and adding the additional feedback here to the report. If you have any additional information, please let us know in the thread. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also had this problem with the Tower stone from Rivenspire on PC-EU.
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin - just to add, the problem with getting the Mundus effect from in-home purchased Steed Stones isn't just a visual/UI glitch, because there was a day when a Daily Endeavor was "Get a new Mundus Stone buff". I couldn't get that from purchased stones in multiple people's houses, but as soon as I tried a different Mundus, it worked.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback all. We've pass this on to the team. They have a bug report in from PC launch, but we are continuing investigations and adding the additional feedback here to the report. If you have any additional information, please let us know in the thread. Thanks!

Thank you for the acknowledgments of the issue. Here are some other threads/comments on the Steed this update:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/636009/mundus-stones-not-registering-or-wiping

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/636438/still-losing-the-steed-mundus-stone-after-zoning#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7889517/#Comment_7889517

In the last comment above, the player claims health recovery dropped. I'm trying to test now to confirm.

I can say (as I mention in the second link there) that our OT for our Godslayer prog kept seeming to lose the Steed last night in the middle of vet Sunspire. He would port in with it, then notice it was lost at some point during the trial. (PC-NA, so this was post the food/drink/xp buff UI fix that came with 9.0.6.)

The dev team should (I hope) be aware that the Steed mundus specifically has had similar problems in the past:

January 2021: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/557300/mundus-stone-buff-lost-in-stone-garden

December 2019: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504223/mundus-stone-gone

July 2019: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484173/bug-boon-keeps-disappearing-every-week-or-so

I don't know if it's the same cause or just the same apparent symptoms, but Necrom marks at least the fourth major update in the past four years that this has happened with the Steed.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 20, 2023 8:05PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Bug Reports section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post