Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Multiple DC are using Warden portal to glitch into unlit/unopened keeps Greyhost PC NA

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Literally just saw a random EP help MANY DC glitch into Chalman Keep, which wasn't lit or open. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin I have 2 videos of these people exploiting, and there are several people in it. I would like to send you the videos but am unsure how. I feel the support tickets would take way too long.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TrinitySinn
    TrinitySinn
    ✭✭
    I witnessed this too.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I witnessed this too.

I believe you. There were several people watching this happen.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally just saw a random EP help MANY DC glitch into Chalman Keep, which wasn't lit or open. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin I have 2 videos of these people exploiting, and there are several people in it. I would like to send you the videos but am unsure how. I feel the support tickets would take way too long.

This has been going on for a while now. Please report all players involved. Take a video if you can too. Otherwise ZOS is likely to just ignore the report.

It's not too hard to create a youtube account and upload the videos to youtube then send ZOS a link to the videos. It's a pain, but ZOS practically mandates players do it if they want any action to be taken on these kinds of reports.

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on June 19, 2023 4:33PM
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As was mentioned above, you can upload to YouTube or even Google Drive. When you report the player in game, look for a response in your email. From that, you can reply and add your link to the video.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for pinging about this. We've shared this thread with the team and @WuffyCerulei we have also shared the video you provided. We'll follow up if we need any more information.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TieWolf
    TieWolf
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was a pretty downtrodden morning in Cyro yesterday having that happen. A big slap in the face that DC is ahead in score for the current GH campaign - then to see that happening is just disappointing.

My favorite part of the folks involved was the legit throwaway username from the EP person that was pulling those DC in. Hopefully if people try changing their usernames following all that, ZOS will still have a history of the change and still be able to take action.

PvP feels quite fruitless when you put in the genuine effort while others can just skirt through their "success." I hope after the discussion in zone chat yesterday that more folks will call it out in zone chat when they see it happening so /somebody/ can get it recorded quickly.

Thank you, Wuffy!
    Undoubtedly, you'll find me in Mournhold.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, just wanted to follow up here. This is under investigation for a fix now. When we have an update, we'll follow up. Thanks all!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, just wanted to follow up here. This is under investigation for a fix now. When we have an update, we'll follow up. Thanks all!

How about punishing the exploiters? At least half of those DC are exploiting in other ways on a regular basis. The players in the video you see using the exploit multiple times in the video are all regular exploiters in other ways, they just happened to get caught this time, thankfully.

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on June 20, 2023 5:28PM
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    Behaviour like this needs to be punished to deter others from doing the same thing or at the very least will make people think twice before exploiting.

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the last six months Telel has noticed the scrubs getting more and more blatant with their desperate attempts to avoid needing skill. May of these attempts were recorded and disseminated to both ZOS and other sources.

This one has also noticed the tag for a certain Toxic guild popping up again. A guild of very very needy people who took pride in being absolute desperate in their attempts to dissapoint random strangers in a video game. Not to mention being incredibly reliant on cheating to accomplish even the most menial of game tasks.

So now Telel is most curious if the people involved in this latest act of scrubbery are at all the same names that have been cropping up in their own encounters.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Thank you so much, Kevin! So happy this blatant exploiting is being addressed so soon.
  • frozenstepper
    frozenstepper
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened today at BR as well, would like a email address or anything so i could send you guys evidence, got exploiter's id nice and clear, pics and multiple vids included.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • tramagirl
    tramagirl
    Soul Shriven
    The same person has been using this exploit to swipe scrolls for over a year now. They use several different @names too. Please make sure this person is dealt with as they do nothing but troll in PvP and completely ruin the fun for the majority of players on opposing factions. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • tramagirl
    tramagirl
    Soul Shriven
    As a side note, they are engaging in harassment of another player and 2 different guilds by 1) taking said players @ name and chaining an L to an i, 2) creating guilds of said player by changing an L to an i.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Blackreach today and this was happening FOR HOURS. No wonder DC has such an easy time catching up on the scoreboard, when they have a group doing this exploit.

@ZOS_Kevin I have a video I'd like to send to you, as well, regarding some of the exploiters.

Worst part is one of the guys doing this has a purposefully similar name to an AD leader on PC/NA. Clearly trying to skirt the rules and get someone else banned instead!
    PC-NA
  • Marquesta
    Marquesta
    ✭✭
    Other players in the same alliance should be reporting this stuff as well. I get grief all the time for playing EP because of a reported group of players who exploit. Unfortunately, this kind of behavior reflects badly on every one in your alliance.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Blackreach today and this was happening FOR HOURS. No wonder DC has such an easy time catching up on the scoreboard, when they have a group doing this exploit.

@ZOS_Kevin I have a video I'd like to send to you, as well, regarding some of the exploiters.

Worst part is one of the guys doing this has a purposefully similar name to an AD leader on PC/NA. Clearly trying to skirt the rules and get someone else banned instead!

@BetweenMidgets Upload it to youtube as an unlisted video and DM the link to Kevin. That’s how I sent mine in.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BetweenMidgets Upload it to youtube as an unlisted video and DM the link to Kevin. That’s how I sent mine in.

Thanks for the heads up, @WuffyCerulei , I did just that!

PC-NA
  • Seneca2016
    Seneca2016
    ✭✭
    Check my thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/637016/warden-skill-frozen-gate-exploit.
    From what I know is that some exploiters were using this exploit to frame other players. They recorded this, then asked ZOS to ban some players. What you see is not the full fact. Check my first video. My friend was running around the keep, then got pulled into the keep by the exploiter. The second video, a group of DC got pulled one by one. And they got reported and banned after when they obviously were set up by the exploiter. You can see one of the DC was wondering what happened when he was dragged into the keep suddenly.
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hope ZOS gives this issue the detailed attention it deserves. not only in fixing the exploit, but in banning the offenders intentionally utilizing this exploit, not those unintentionally caught in the cross fire, nor being framed by fake names. Its been going on, blatantly, for too long, and if it is impacting people who are paying to be in this competition of PVP, I would hope for this to be handled professionally, and keep the spirit of pvp alive, competitive, and as fair as it can be.

TY to everyone who has been documenting this in ways my potato computer cannot.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seneca2016 wrote: »
    Check my thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/637016/warden-skill-frozen-gate-exploit.
    From what I know is that some exploiters were using this exploit to frame other players. They recorded this, then asked ZOS to ban some players. What you see is not the full fact. Check my first video. My friend was running around the keep, then got pulled into the keep by the exploiter. The second video, a group of DC got pulled one by one. And they got reported and banned after when they obviously were set up by the exploiter. You can see one of the DC was wondering what happened when he was dragged into the keep suddenly.

I will say that in my video, a few seemed somewhat confused when they got yoinked in. Like they ran off in a random direction. However, those who were in on it immediately ran off to a corner tower. I did have to warn a DC friend to be careful of pvp atm, with this exploit going on. I don’t want innocent people to get banned for the actions of actual exploiters. I hope your friend wasn’t banned.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on June 27, 2023 2:17PM
  • accidentalist
    accidentalist
    ✭✭
    No comment.
    Edited by accidentalist on November 11, 2023 5:45PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just noting that it's also possible to use the warden portal to pull an enemy player into a keep...so that your group can kill them without support from outside. I definitely didn't die to that a few times.
    It probably makes it harder to distinguish exploit from non exploit, though, because the situation and context are important.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need BAN ASAP
  • rdk
    rdk
    ✭✭
    Warden's portal teleport players through textures. @ZOS_Kevin please take a look tickets 230709-001587 and 230709-001564. They're include links for videos with proofs.
    Server PC EU.
    Edited by rdk on July 16, 2023 9:12AM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A warden was using this today to throw players off the Alessia bridge and into the slaughterfish water.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    A warden was using this today to throw players off the Alessia bridge and into the slaughterfish water.

I'd recommend recording it and sending it into Zos either thru support or DMing a dev here.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All that takes is standing on the edge of the bridge, nothing exploitative. It can also be avoided if players pay attention and don't immediately dodge roll the root.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Just_Attivi
    Just_Attivi
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup... also definitely been some intentional pulls of unsuspecting players through keeps as Seneca said. Got pulled back and forth through a keep I was trying to capture several times recently (it seems our imposter changed their account name). Literally did no damage, just would warden gate and run out a keep door to try to pull us.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All that takes is standing on the edge of the bridge, nothing exploitative. It can also be avoided if players pay attention and don't immediately dodge roll the root.

I was mounted and at full speed, running through the middle of the bridge. Didn't even see a root, just immediately thrown over the edge. Pulling players into the slaughterfish is definitely an exploit.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on July 21, 2023 5:41PM