Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Necrom Furnishing Plan Farming is Busted

• Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    From the patch notes:
    101 new furnishing plans, which can be obtained from monsters, containers, and more across the Telvanni Peninsula and Apocrypha.

If there are 101 new furnishing plans, then why are we all pulling the same handful of purple and blue banners over and over again? If I farm with 10 characters per day, then I'm seeing 8-9 of those characters pulling the blue/purple banner plans, and the 10th is pulling an old vanilla plan. Drop rates are definitely skewed towards the banners. Is this intentional?

Not all items are on all loot tables and just because greens are greens, blues are blues and purples are purples doesn't mean they have the same RNG% to drop. Banners clearly hold the largest RNG% so you're going to pull more, that's just fact. You farm what you can, and sell what you don't want and then buy the things you have been trying to find when you can snag them at what you would call a reasonable price.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the patch notes:
    101 new furnishing plans, which can be obtained from monsters, containers, and more across the Telvanni Peninsula and Apocrypha.

If there are 101 new furnishing plans, then why are we all pulling the same handful of purple and blue banners over and over again? If I farm with 10 characters per day, then I'm seeing 8-9 of those characters pulling the blue/purple banner plans, and the 10th is pulling an old vanilla plan. Drop rates are definitely skewed towards the banners. Is this intentional?

Not all items are on all loot tables and just because greens are greens, blues are blues and purples are purples doesn't mean they have the same RNG% to drop. Banners clearly hold the largest RNG% so you're going to pull more, that's just fact. You farm what you can, and sell what you don't want and then buy the things you have been trying to find when you can snag them at what you would call a reasonable price.

While I understand what you're saying, I'm still hesitant to believe that the drop rates that I'm seeing are intentional. I'm tracking drops and will report back once I have at least 100 runs to show the bias towards banners and wood carvings. Unfortunately crypt urns are the only real viable source for large scale farming, so if the bias is intentional, then this is once again another terrible implementation decision.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now that I have done the story quests, I am disappointed that the two big areas for farming unowned urns are inaccessible after completing the quest in those areas.

I paid for this chapter but I can’t revisit these areas because we can’t have nice things.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I have done the story quests, I am disappointed that the two big areas for farming unowned urns are inaccessible after completing the quest in those areas.

I paid for this chapter but I can’t revisit these areas because we can’t have nice things.

I thought that was dumb too. But there is a worse location that is viable for urn farming if you don't mind it being stolen. You cannot be caught though so that's good. Go to the back tunnel next to the house that is purchasable for 1.3 mil after you do grand adventurer. There are plenty of urns there. They respawn in like 5 mins after you logout. Also to get your next purple most efficiently wait about 15 minutes before logging onto your next character. I find that if you don't do this the containers will not be anywhere near as likely to yield a purple.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

I just heard about Azandar and his Research Notes. I am wondering if these are like Ember’s wallet in that they replace the furnishing plans you would normally get from stolen urns. I did a short round of the urns in Necrom and got 8 of his Research Notes but not a single furnishing plan by itself. Of course, that is just one time but even so I only got 2 green Necrom plans and I’ve done better than that without Azandar present.

EDIT: oh, and I got a humongous bounty from opening these Research Notes that did not indicate the stolen nature of them. I guess I should have realized it but geez. I got the bounty gold equivalent of murdering a bunch of innocents.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on July 10, 2023 5:17AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

I just heard about Azandar and his Research Notes. I am wondering if these are like Ember’s wallet in that they replace the furnishing plans you would normally get from stolen urns. I did a short round of the urns in Necrom and got 8 of his Research Notes but not a single furnishing plan by itself. Of course, that is just one time but even so I only got 2 green Necrom plans and I’ve done better than that without Azandar present.

EDIT: oh, and I got a humongous bounty from opening these Research Notes that did not indicate the stolen nature of them. I guess I should have realized it but geez. I got the bounty gold equivalent of murdering a bunch of innocents.

:'( what?then i should not take azandar with me..
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

No, DO take him with you. You can get purple furnishing plans, including really rare and valuable and necrom ones, from his portfolios. So instead of getting your 9th wood carving or banner in a row you can get a nice necrom plan or vampiric plan. Open the research portfolios as soon as you get them in fact.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

No, DO take him with you. You can get purple furnishing plans, including really rare and valuable and necrom ones, from his portfolios. So instead of getting your 9th wood carving or banner in a row you can get a nice necrom plan or vampiric plan. Open the research portfolios as soon as you get them in fact.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I’llI try a few more farming runs with him and see if I get any better loot, maybe just a bad run then.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

I've opened hundreds of those folios and to-date have pulled just 2 decent purple plans (1 Vampiric, 1 Necrom) so just bear in mind that the majority of what you'll get from those folios is rubbish. I can't tell you how many Daedric Bench, Ashen I've gotten from them, which is just a swift kick in the goodies.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

I've opened hundreds of those folios and to-date have pulled just 2 decent purple plans (1 Vampiric, 1 Necrom) so just bear in mind that the majority of what you'll get from those folios is rubbish. I can't tell you how many Daedric Bench, Ashen I've gotten from them, which is just a swift kick in the goodies.

I almost always get those “treasures” that have to be laundered. I am lucky to get one green Necrom plan that I don’t already have.

I don’t understand why some players get purple plans and others don’t. Given the amount of time I spend farming furnishing plans, it seems like my account has been flagged to get lesser quality loot than others for some reason.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

I almost always get those “treasures” that have to be laundered. I am lucky to get one green Necrom plan that I don’t already have.

I don’t understand why some players get purple plans and others don’t. Given the amount of time I spend farming furnishing plans, it seems like my account has been flagged to get lesser quality loot than others for some reason.

There are a lot of factors that influence it. Like having all of your characters farming instead of just some. If you do just some it is less likely to drop on the ones that have been farming. Also some characters literally do have metadata on them that makes them less likely to get anything. My oakensorc doesn't really get drops when everyone else consistently does.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

thank you!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I’ll try that.

:'( sad news..i get daedric plan too
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you have to have Azandar leveled up more than I do or something. I get some purple plans without him, but with him I only get the folios (full of stolen goods) and no other plans at all.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zibberius
    Zibberius
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe you have to have Azandar leveled up more than I do or something. I get some purple plans without him, but with him I only get the folios (full of stolen goods) and no other plans at all.

Same here. Since Necrom release I farmed the same urn spot over and over again with 7 chars for days. I recently finished the questline of azandir and noticed his portfolios popping up keeping him with me. At first I thought that would be a nice addition, even more after realising how easy you can push his opinion with certain drops from the urns like memento mori e. G.

I took him on my farm runs and I haven't got 1 purple plan dropping since. That's just stupid. It feels like droprates itself changed completely compared to last week. Even on my other toons I get hardly a blue one and only dropped 1 purple in round about 6 hours farming.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had such bad luck with High Isle furnishing plans for so long that I forgot how the drop rates for plans are usually good for a few weeks after launch to make everyone happy then they get nerfed. I can’t prove it but it seems that way to me since Greymoor.

I must have been too busy fishing up the good furnishing plans initially to have any good luck with him. I just don’t get Azandar out for farming urns now and have better luck without him.

There is another thread here where people are saying his folios aren’t good anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love azandar's folios --- i have gotten a few purples and a bunch of blues --- but i have also gotten surveys and pardon edicts and apocrypha and telvanni maps -- which are insanely expensive right now due to leads being buried behind them.

i do, however, hate just about everything he says.

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    i love azandar's folios --- i have gotten a few purples and a bunch of blues --- but i have also gotten surveys and pardon edicts and apocrypha and telvanni maps -- which are insanely expensive right now due to leads being buried behind them.

Sadly the apocryphal well is busted as a lead. They won't say anything about it and will probably fix it quietly in a patch. So every patch I go out and buy 5 maps to try it again. No dice so far. I have spent over 70 mil to figure this much out. Wish that they would just say that they acknowledge the problem and are working on fixing it.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sadly the apocryphal well is busted as a lead. They won't say anything about it and will probably fix it quietly in a patch. So every patch I go out and buy 5 maps to try it again. No dice so far. I have spent over 70 mil to figure this much out. Wish that they would just say that they acknowledge the problem and are working on fixing it.

The Xbox achievement for Savior of Galen has been broken for a long time and after being briefly acknowledged, that issue was swept under the rug. I have pretty much given up on getting 100% for this game since the achievements may or may not work going forward.

• AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone farming chests? I’ve been after paintings and I’ve opened 100s if not 1000s of chests in telvanni peninsula and gotten 0 paintings. When I first ran through the zones I got a necrom wood painting but now I’m beginning to think maybe that was in the apocrapha area and only they are dropping paintings? It’s annoying as hell as I have a nice chest area to farm every 5 minutes or so
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also some characters literally do have metadata on them that makes them less likely to get anything.
    Really? Interesting, is there a source for that?
    I know of Sailenmora; what's the other big one?

Edited by MoonPile on July 26, 2023 1:23AM
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    Also some characters literally do have metadata on them that makes them less likely to get anything.

I am speaking from experience. I have farmed thousands of hours. Some characters consistently get things and some consistently do not. ZoS wouldn't ever admit it because it's clear that they are anti-farming and keep their cards close to their chest. But You can have 8 characters and have all of them farm for a purple every day with the same circumstances. 7 of them will get a purple every day and one of them can go weeks without getting one. This happens.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »

The Necropolis in Necrom.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone farming chests? I’ve been after paintings and I’ve opened 100s if not 1000s of chests in telvanni peninsula and gotten 0 paintings. When I first ran through the zones I got a necrom wood painting but now I’m beginning to think maybe that was in the apocrapha area and only they are dropping paintings? It’s annoying as hell as I have a nice chest area to farm every 5 minutes or so

I snagged 6-7 paintings in the first week or two, but since then have farmed hundreds of chests without seeing another painting, which leads me to believe that the drop rate was substantially nerfed.

• AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update, I finally got one this evening in telvanni peninsula , in a simple chest. So at least I now know they are dropping, there was a patch today on Xbox though so not sure if that changed anything with the drop, but happier now
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to update, I finally got one this evening in telvanni peninsula , in a simple chest. So at least I now know they are dropping, there was a patch today on Xbox though so not sure if that changed anything with the drop, but happier now

Glad to hear that you got one. I've looted around 30-35 chests today and still no dice. The grind continues.

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quick update: I've looted hundreds of chests since my last painting dropped. It's worth noting that I also noticed a marked decrease in the drop rate for purple furnishing plans in folios which started around the same time that paintings stopped dropping. Opened 200 folios in one sitting, and didn't receive a single purple furnishing plan. Have opened hundreds since and the only purple plans that I've gotten since are the garbage Daedric plans.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several observations (after reading this tread) and one question, if i may.

First: paintings from the regular treasure chests: it really seems, the drop rate was significantly decreased from possibly 1:80 .. 1:100 to much lower like 1:400 (cannot estimate as them paintings now drop too seldom) after first weeks. Then i got like five different Necrom paintings (the total is SEVEN unique ones, not counting the Triptych from the Trial, right??) with several duplicates, now they are barely not dropping at all, though late at night i do chests laps over both zones.

Second: purple banners plans are the most numerous for purples, followed by carvings. After my character get such i drop - i am doomed, because of cooldown and have to switch to another toon, which, in turn, loots what? Right! Another banner pattern. Blues are on one hour cooldown, greens are probably 10 minutes, whites are base game with no cooldown.

Apocrypha Lamp, Floor praxis, indeed, drops from Abyss-Drenched Folios, i estimate drop rate as 1:8 .. 1:10 and cannot deny the cooldown, as i never got 2 plans from folios in row. Now i stop opening folios after plan drops. Got 5 lamp plans, now they got inexpensive like 30K at PC EU. Have not got golden plans from folios yet. Also, folios drop rate seems to be "balanced" too as earlier you were getting like 6..7 folios per hour, now you get 3..4. Based on 50..55 drops, which is far from reliable stats.

Now the question:
    My Azandar is only level 14 at this moment with max 5500 rapport.
    Got several hundred "research portfolios", maybe thousand. No purple plans, though some players state they were getting these drops. I got several blue recipes, more green ones, surveys, treasure maps, counterfeit pardon edicts, but no purple plans. Most numerous were 40 gold treasures like Outdated documents and a lot of dog training pamphlets. Old Azandar has a dog E-I-E-I-O! Imagine that.
    Have my Azandar to be max level for a chance of purple plans from his portfolios? What are your observations?
    PC EU
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Just for info the triptych definitely drops from apocrapha treasure chests, can’t confirm or deny on telvanni peninsula but I wouldn’t see why not as it does drop in its sister zone.