Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

does anyone actually buy skill lines from the crown store?

• dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psijic, undaunted.

I have 18 characters and once was enough.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People never consider the actual cost when buying Crown Store items with DISCOUNTED Crowns that they bought during a Crown sale. So technically, if you stock up on Crowns during a sale, everything is actually half-off and when on sale, they are half of the sale price.

I used to buy the Mages guild skill line and ALWAYS buy the Legerdemain because those are two that are the worst, that I personally use, to level IMO. However, I actually haven't used any of the Mages guild skills in ages, so I don't even bother with it anymore... but Legerdemain is too useful for it's lock-picking skills... and a necessity for Thieves Guild questline.

As for Fighters guild, I never buy that as I do most of my new character leveling running dolmens and by the time my character is level 50, I've fully leveled that skill line.

Now, if they offered Antiquities in the Crown Store, I would probably buy that one too.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Now, if they offered Antiquities in the Crown Store, I would probably buy that one too.

What they should do is make it so that the zone Purple leads show up for every character, not just the first one. Not getting that really hurts on repeat characters. After that, ESO Plus should double the Scrying and Excavating XP.

But, yeah, they have built the pain into repeating the skill line, so I am surprised they haven't "fixed" that pain in the cash shop.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My time is worth money. I buy Undaunted skill lines and Coldharbour, Craglorn, and the off alliance skyshards. I bought crowns on sale and saved them once I knew a new class was coming.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some skill lines take 5 to 10 hours to level up (or more) versus 2000 to 3000 crowns on the store. Do the hourly rate conversion and it's a no brainer to buy the skill line as you'd be saving way under minimum wage to level them up manually.

Unless you enjoy leveling them up. Then by all means have at it :smile:

Edited by SkaraMinoc on June 28, 2023 10:23PM
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ones i usually hear people buying are psijic or mages guild lol

i personally wouldnt waste that many crowns on something that is only for 1 toon, if it was permanently unlocked for all current and future toons...maybe lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for that price, i agree a permanent unlock would be justified.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legerdemain > Locksmith as my new arcanist is Lawful Good so acquiring the skill naturally would be problematic for this character. Shiny treasure chests do need to be forced open sometimes.

My main has acquired the skill line a long time ago as she's a rather naughty cat.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price was cheaper than maybe out of convenience. But I'm not paying 10+ dollars on something I can spend a day to grind out. I have a phone and the internet if I need to find something.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never considered buying skill lines, but after leveling scrying/excavation on my new character (I'd only done it once before) I think I would buy these lines if they were available. So incredibly tedious.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand paying for a game then paying again to not have to play parts of it.
    PCNA
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    i purchased Undaunted for my Arcanist at creation....esp since was on sale. i just did not want to deal with dailies. this way i had orb skill at the very start.