Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

does anyone actually buy skill lines from the crown store?

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
Noticed they were on sale, down from 3000 to 2550 crowns...which means they're normally $24.99, for ONE completed skill line. Curious how the community feels about this. If you have used these, how many did you get, and did you find it worth it?
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on June 15, 2023 1:29AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't. But I don't know if others do as it's none of my business.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i do not, but i know people who have bought skill lines
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How the community feels about this and if someone actually buys it are two very different questions.

Most would likely not spend that much on such a QoL item and some might see it as a cash grab. Others find it no big deal and will hand over their coin to Zenimax without a second thought.

So to answer your first question, yes some do buy skill lines. Some buy sky shards and mount riding lessons.

• omnidoh
    omnidoh
    ✭✭✭
    I only buy shards, and only to save time.
    I don't have more than 12hrs/week to really dig into the game anymore since I work a fulltime job, so hunting down all the skyshards is simply not worth my time.
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    ZOS_Phoenix
    admin
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Crown Store & ESO Plus, as this topic is regarding the Crown Store).

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only Mage guild.

Try doing that 14 times on console, without add-ons, and you'd never do it again too.

I had to do it once about 3 months ago on NA server for first time and I wanted to cry.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy them. Forgot they were even a thing.

Not surprising one or two are on sale, but most of them are not, right now.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Psijic once, on console, because I couldn't bear doing it a second time. Now that I'm on PC I won't buy it even though I could.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not at that price, but if the cost was more reasonable, maybe. But that would have to be at last around the 250 crowns mark.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way, like housing too much. My crowns go on houses, furniture or cosmetics
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did buy the Psijic Order skill line for my Cyrodiil pacifist character since I really needed Race Against Time & Meditate skills to make it viable, and I couldn't max it out without doing combat. That's pretty much it.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't, but I'm sure there are players around which are buying some of them occassionally.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I buy Undaunted, because I want my orb and it takes SO long to get to level 10, and it takes so long to level.and morph it.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought the Psijic Order skill line on a few characters, and don't regret it at all.

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah i grind everything.........😆
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought undaunted for 2 chars after necrom release, because i really hate farming stuff in pve and the passive is pretty strong.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    I bought undaunted for 2 chars after necrom release, because i really hate farming stuff in pve and the passive is pretty strong.

fortunately this line is unbelievably easy to level up if you do just a few vet pledges.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Crown Crate gifting having been broken for so long, I don't buy anything on Crown Store any longer. I'm fed up.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not getting them just yet, but I plan on getting the Cyrodil ones for other characters at some point in the future so I never have to set foot in the place ever again.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need my cash so I grind everything....... now looking at starting my 19th and 20th character, going to do it all again.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vynera
    Vynera
    ✭✭✭
    Bought psijic order on a few chars and would buy antiquities skill line on all active chars..but seems like they dont want to add that to the shop :/
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psijic isn't terrible, just a few hours. Antiquities...yea probably, but not for $25 that's insane.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Mages guild and sometimes others. It’s handy if ur short on time to play.
    I bought 2 zones of sky shards for my arcanist because getting enough skill points early is boring and time consuming. I looked at buying the discounted Fighters guild but that levels fast.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    Jierdanit wrote: »

fortunately this line is unbelievably easy to level up if you do just a few vet pledges.

Quest opens up at 8 or 10 inside the tarven. I was rank 5 before getting to lvl 50
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've made the leveling of some skill lines extremely tedious and grindy. Some people don't want to go through that twice. Thankfully, the creators of the problem have found a way of selling us the solution.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally haven't, but I know a fair amount of pvers who do when they make/level characters. It's due to laziness, not having the time, or not having patience. I can't complain tho, it's their money. They can spend it how they want on the game.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought dark brotherhood on my first crafter since she had no combat skills and the decreased aggro was helpful. I'd buy antiquities if it was available on all new characters since I'm on console and the treasure chest passive is nice.

If psijic had helpful skills, I'd think about it since the gameplay on console is annoying. You can't tell which portals you've closed so it has to be the focus instead of organic when exploring the zone.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only buy stuff when the base price on everything goes down or if it temporarily goes on sale.

Game needs affordable prices and not expensive ones so more people can buy it.

That includes skill lines.
    Edited by wilykcat on June 16, 2023 8:20PM
  • LyricsEcho
    LyricsEcho
    ✭✭✭
    I purchased fighters mages psijic and undaunted for my new arcanist support. Then took the arcanist through cyrodil since it's easier for me to farm ap than those lines. I don't have the time like I did several years ago this time around.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I’m not repeating the same stuff on every new character. That’s why I sub and typically use the crowns on skill lines and skyshards and anything else that can eliminate boring repetition so I can do the things I like most in the game.