The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rezoning causes food/drink buff loss

• Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    sioniann wrote: »
    On one of my much older characters (Nord DK) I have been consistently losing my Mundus stone (was using the Steed) when zoning. This did not appear to just be only an issue on my character sheet because the health recovery dropped and I no longer seemed to have the buff in cmx or esologs. Upon switching to the Lord, I stopped losing my mundus buff, so at least in my case it seemed be boon-specific?

You haven't proven that yet. Switch back to The Steed and see if it persists this time. Also, see if you can keep The Atronarch and/or The Serpent up.
  • playnox
    playnox
    ✭✭
    Same happening with Experience scrolls, Mundus and etc.. only my Vamp status stays, please fix ASAP
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    playnox wrote: »
    Same happening with Experience scrolls, Mundus and etc.. only my Vamp status stays, please fix ASAP

After using BeamMeUp to teleport to guild-mate, I once again had my resource bars shrink and food/xp scrolls were not on character sheet. However, I DID test and my XP scrolls were still actively working. I logged out and logged back in and my resource bars went back to food buff normal and both food/xp scrolls were once again listed on character sheet.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 13, 2023 9:12PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bitter_Apple21
    For what it is worth, similar thing. Take food or xp scroll, and it shows on screen and in detailed character screen. Log out of toon, log back in and both screen and character screen are gone. However, food stats are per food buff, and if I try another xp, it says cannot do 2 at a time.

One one other toon no issue.

Only new thing on the one toon was going thru Thieves guild intro quest. Before that all okay. After that, bugged.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icyfire369 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating.

Just for clarification - you don't actually LOSE the buff. They remain active. You only lose the icon telling you it's active.

No. It's actually lost for some players like me. My stats drop like I don't have food.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Some data. Was doing writs in VV. Rebuffed all 6 toons with food. Wrote down stats and noted that the visual is on screen. Finished writs, logged off each toon. Logged back into each toon. Had not moved from VV. 4 still showed food buff symbol and 2 did not. However, food stats were all the same as when originally used food buff. One is Arcanist, and the other is Stamblade.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some data. Was doing writs in VV. Rebuffed all 6 toons with food. Wrote down stats and noted that the visual is on screen. Finished writs, logged off each toon. Logged back into each toon. Had not moved from VV. 4 still showed food buff symbol and 2 did not. However, food stats were all the same as when originally used food buff. One is Arcanist, and the other is Stamblade.

So in short, what you're saying is that it's just a UI problem in your case?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Bitter_Apple21
    It seems to be.

The only update I can give is one of the 2 toons that lost the visual symbology of the food buff, when I logged back in about 2 hours later, after updating a bunch of stuff thru Minion, that toon had the food buff symbology back on the screen. All of the "older" toons still had it. The only one that still does not have it is the one that started it, the Arcanist.

But to your point, yes, the food stats seem to be what they should be after taking the food buff, and the XP scroll warning keeps coming up - I guess to tell me I am still getting the 50% buff.

Right now more of a pain on the leveling of the Arcanist to ensure I get max out of the real time I am playing thru the XP buff. For the older, trial ready toons, do not do much XP buff stuff and so long as I can see when food is running out, it is okay.
  • Ombreduvent
    Ombreduvent
    Soul Shriven
    Just posted in another thread, but wanted to let you all know we pinpointed what is causing this issue and are targeting a fix for the next incremental patch. This is only a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing any buffs.

When will this fix be available?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just logged into my leveled Arcanist and resource bars were down, food buff gone from character sheet. I tried logging out and back in, resource bars stayed the same. Zoned a couple of times, bars still were low. I checked stats and my stats appeared to be what they are with food buff active. So I ate more food, resource bars came up and buff appeared on character screen, but stats remained the same- so that tells me it truly is just a UI issue.

I then went to a different zone and resource bars dropped again, gone from character screen, but stats remained the same. I certainly hope they get this fixed with next patch.
  • Ombreduvent
    Ombreduvent
    Soul Shriven
    If there is a problem with logging in to the game, you react immediately, but when players have been writing for several days, among other things, about the problem with food, you are unable to fix it. It's sad.
  • соня
    соня
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for this to be fixed, I have 5 meals a day for three hours.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is a problem with logging in to the game, you react immediately, but when players have been writing for several days, among other things, about the problem with food, you are unable to fix it. It's sad.

Because it seems most players are not having a problem with the food issue or have realize that it's only a UI problem.

As I've stated numerous times, for me, this has only been an annoying UI bug. I don't LOSE my food buff, it simply appears as if I do... but if I check the numbers, they are exactly the same with or without the bug. Same with XP scrolls. The buff is still going, it just doesn't show up in the character sheet. With the food bug, my resource bars shrink but the actual numbers remain the same. So for a UI bug, ZOS is not going to make it a priority.

EDIT: Corrected "LOST" to "LOSE". ;)
    Edited by ADarklore on June 16, 2023 11:07AM
  • tohopka_eso
    tohopka_eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Because it seems most players are not having a problem with the food issue or have realize that it's only a UI problem.

As I've stated numerous times, for me, this has only been an annoying UI bug. I don't LOST my food buff, it simply appears as if I do... but if I check the numbers, they are exactly the same with or without the bug. Same with XP scrolls. The buff is still going, it just doesn't show up in the character sheet. With the food bug, my resource bars shrink but the actual numbers remain the same. So for a UI bug, ZOS is not going to make it a priority.

Same here, I just lose the icons but not the buff. I play PC NA and don't use any add ons if that helps. Everything is default UI and I just move stuff around.
    I did find if I'm logged into the same character for an extended period of time not only is the overhead display font back to normal but my buff icons return also.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is annoying with this bug, is that it doesn't seem to effect characters below level 50. I have leveled two Arcanists so far, one of them I got to level 50, and immediately started having this food/XP bug... but until level 50 never had a problem. Now my second Arcanist, same thing... he's at level 40 and along the way has never had the UI bug.

Also annoying, on my level 50 Arcanist, I ate food and the resources bars went up, I went into a dungeon, and they immediately dropped back down. It was not a re-zone, it was not a wayshrine, it was just entering a dungeon. Now I constantly have to check my numbers on the character screen (since I only use percentages on my bar) to see if the food has run out. Hopefully this will be fixed after Monday's patch because it's super annoying!!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also worth noting that the bug doesn't occur in Cyrodiil.... at least not for me.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me twice last night in Aprophica. I was doing the main questline, and I had a food buff and an XP buff on and lost both just going into a portal from the open world into the quest area. I was able to use another food buff to get it back, but I couldn't use another XP scroll as it told me that I could only have one at a time. I finished the quest and once I got back into the open world, my XP icon came back.

Happened the second time at the end of the story, when I needed to got into another portal to do the end of the story fight, went in, and the buffs disappeared. Went back out to the open world, and they came back, went back into the portal and they stayed.

Both times I had plenty of time left on the counter for them to still be active.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is happening to me again starting today about 2 hours ago. Logging out is causing me to lose my food buff as well.

Sucks for people who are using expensive foods.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on June 18, 2023 5:22PM
  • соня
    соня
    ✭✭
    when you play a new character, there is a visual effect, but it only lasts a couple of days.
  • соня
    соня
    ✭✭
    My character is level 19 and the visual effect disappeared on the second day.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Folks. Logged on this morning and had to do an ESO update. When I finished, and logged into my Arcanist, the food buff was on screen.

Maybe it is now fixed on this update/patch.

Will test throughout the day..

• Bitter_Apple21
    Yeah, gonna call this fixed thru the "update" this morning. Just logged onto a different terminal that went thru the update, called on the Arcanist, and both the XP scroll (from my earlier computer) and the food buff from yesterday were showing on screen.

Wayshrined to a different location and back again and it stayed on screen.

Have not checked character screen but if that is not showing, at least the "active" in game screen is showing...
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It wasn't working for me after the patch, earlier today (around 12:30pm, EST).
    The buff icons (Crown XP scroll and Crown Fortifying Meal) disappeared from the UI upon changing zones.

I had to log-off and shut down my computer due to storms shortly after, but I'm about to go back in... (2:43pm)

It appears to be working now. Icons stayed put after changing zones and logging out. (3:00pm EST)
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      And this morning (5-7am EDT) the buff icons went back to disappearing when changing zones.
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • SeaGtGruff
        SeaGtGruff
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Gnesnig wrote: »
        On one of my much older characters (Nord DK) I have been consistently losing my Mundus stone (was using the Steed) when zoning. This did not appear to just be only an issue on my character sheet because the health recovery dropped and I no longer seemed to have the buff in cmx or esologs. Upon switching to the Lord, I stopped losing my mundus buff, so at least in my case it seemed be boon-specific?

You haven't proven that yet. Switch back to The Steed and see if it persists this time. Also, see if you can keep The Atronarch and/or The Serpent up.

I've only noticed it on The Steed, but I'm sure that's because The Steed is the only one I normally use. I'm planning to try each of the other mundus stones to see if any of them seem as quirky as The Steed is.
        Folks. Logged on this morning and had to do an ESO update. When I finished, and logged into my Arcanist, the food buff was on screen.

It seems to be fixed for me as far as my werewolf scratches and food buff, but my mundus stone boon still seems to be flaky. I don't use XP scrolls, so I can't report on those.
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        And this morning (5-7am EDT) the buff icons went back to disappearing when changing zones.

When I was testing The Steed yesterday, there was no definite pattern to when it disappeared and when it reappeared. It did seem to be active even when it wasn't listed, although there was one time when it seemed to have been dropped. Also, the Health Regeneration boost seemed to be unpredictable as far as the displayed numbers, so I need to check that out more thoroughly to figure out what's what.

The more specifics we can pass along to the devs, the more useful it will be in helping them isolate any and all causes.
        I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      • virtus753
        virtus753
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        SeaGtGruff wrote: »
        Gnesnig wrote: »

I've only noticed it on The Steed, but I'm sure that's because The Steed is the only one I normally use. I'm planning to try each of the other mundus stones to see if any of them seem as quirky as The Steed is.

It seems to be fixed for me as far as my werewolf scratches and food buff, but my mundus stone boon still seems to be flaky. I don't use XP scrolls, so I can't report on those.
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

When I was testing The Steed yesterday, there was no definite pattern to when it disappeared and when it reappeared. It did seem to be active even when it wasn't listed, although there was one time when it seemed to have been dropped. Also, the Health Regeneration boost seemed to be unpredictable as far as the displayed numbers, so I need to check that out more thoroughly to figure out what's what.

The more specifics we can pass along to the devs, the more useful it will be in helping them isolate any and all causes.

The Steed has been seriously broken at least four different major updates in the past four years. In a thread in General, Kevin acknowledged this current iteration and said they have a bug ticket in with the devs for this one in particular. I tested it today. It is definitely not just a UI issue, but getting further into details will run afoul of forum rules.
      • mukiovatai
        mukiovatai
        ✭✭
        Wanted to +1 this... definitely losing Mundus Boon (Steed) when changing zones seemingly at random. Issue continues to occur with addons disabled. The actual buff IS lost, reflected in stats, not simply a UI omission.
        PC NA Edoritaw GM
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." ~Nietzsche