The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rezoning causes food/drink buff loss

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted in another thread, but wanted to let you all know we pinpointed what is causing this issue and are targeting a fix for the next incremental patch. This is only a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing any buffs.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tincanman
    tincanman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Ugh. I reported this twice on PTS.

Oh...
    Just posted in another thread, but wanted to let you all know we pinpointed what is causing this issue and are targeting a fix for the next incremental patch. This is only a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing any buffs.

Thanks (as in other thread) but have to ask why something like this made it to live given it was already flagged as an issue?
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno ,
    Addon author here, can you confirm this will also fix the timeEnding value of GetUnitBuffInfo() ?
    (That's apparently what's gonna be fixed here but I just want to be sure this very bug will be fixed for addons too)
    Thank you.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I checked my numbers before and after loading into a delve, and I lost more than 5,000 in each stat. The buff may not be removed in every case, but it IS being remove for some of us.
    Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • HeavyESO
    HeavyESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, and happens with XP scrolls too. Changing zone of any kind (into delve, house, new zone etc) removes them. New class and I can't even use XP scrolls on my brand new character... lol
  • Sephiroth018
    Sephiroth018
    ✭✭
    HeavyESO wrote: »
    Same here, and happens with XP scrolls too. Changing zone of any kind (into delve, house, new zone etc) removes them. New class and I can't even use XP scrolls on my brand new character... lol

Came here to add exactly that, lost some xp scrolls and buff food thanks to that (thankfully none paid for, or I would be really mad).
  • Deanathrae
    Deanathrae
    ✭✭
    Yes, it seems that the buff from food is completely gone. Reduced health points bar, reduced magicka and stamina bars, not showing as an effect on the character. I wish it were only the buff icon gone, but it's not. Zoning, wayshrining, entering a public dungeon - gone every time.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    i found a fix with jackofalltrades addon, that seemed to fix this issue for me.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeavyESO wrote: »

If you literally can’t use an XP scroll, that’s because the game will not let you use one when you already have one active. Meaning the server is properly registering you have one active even when the UI doesn’t show it. Is that what you’re encountering?
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭
    got my food reset when using armory to swap builds once
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My food buffs do drop off, its easy to see the number drop.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »

Mind sharing what that fix was? Because an addon that slots CP stars shouldn't have anything to do with buff timers, other than the extending of the food buff. But people are losing their buffs completely, not just the time, and this also would not apply to people losing XP scroll buffs.
    Edited by ADarklore on June 11, 2023 11:51AM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the transparency Gina but I have not found this to be true, mostly.

I say mostly because sometimes I will not lose buffs & XP boost when zoning.

Other times I will seem to lose them but they will reappear.

And in cases like last night they do seem to just expire.
    I mean the values of my drink buffed stats revert to unbuffed values and my XP boost also seems to revert.
    I have also checked under my character page near the bottom where it lists active buffs, nothing shown.
    I can guzzle another drink buff but more importantly it lets me use another XP scroll. Normally if an XP buff is active the game blocks me from using another.

Hopefully the fix the team has found will correct the many shades of this issue, I burned through a fair number of buffs and scrolls before I realized something was wrong.

EDIT: Forgot to ask also Gina, when is the incremental patch set to deploy?
    Edited by Tenthirty2 on June 11, 2023 1:37PM
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great that it's fixed for you, thanks for sharing that.
    Now could you SHARE WHAT you did with the addon to fix the issue??
    Kinda unclear how that addon could fix anything with the issues people are reporting here.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »

Kinda unclear how that addon could fix anything with the issues people are reporting here.

In line 701 of Events.lua, change FISHING_MANAGER to INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER

I don’t know whether that fixes this issue, since my UI add-on always shows me the buff timers even when the game removes the buff icons and shrinks my bars (though the extra resources from food are still there).

But it will fix JoAT, and then you can see if it fixes anything else.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 11, 2023 3:37PM
  • sioniann
    sioniann
    Adding here that I also experienced the xp scroll drop off when changing instances on both of my new arcanists. On one arcanist I experienced the food buff loss, the other did not. From what I could tell, the game still seemed to think the xp scrolls were active because I couldn't use another one.

On one of my much older characters (Nord DK) I have been consistently losing my Mundus stone (was using the Steed) when zoning. This did not appear to just be only an issue on my character sheet because the health recovery dropped and I no longer seemed to have the buff in cmx or esologs. Upon switching to the Lord, I stopped losing my mundus buff, so at least in my case it seemed be boon-specific? I have not noticed the mundus drop off on any other characters (yet). That character's food buff also seems to come and go on the character sheet but still be active.

Hopefully there is a fix for this soon!!
  • wolfgirlb14_ESO
    wolfgirlb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I used a food buff in a delve on Galen that was supposed to last 2hrs. When I left the delve 15 minutes later the buff was gone. :(
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I don’t know whether that fixes this issue, since my UI add-on always shows me the buff timers even when the game removes the buff icons and shrinks my bars (though the extra resources from food are still there).

Thank you! I will modify it and update my post if it helps!

Side note, I was reading the patch notes for Dolgubon's LWC and they noted they also changed FISHING_MANAGER to INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER during their API update.
    Looking forward to testing later! :)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Side note, I was reading the patch notes for Dolgubon's LWC and they noted they also changed FISHING_MANAGER to INTERACTIVE_WHEEL_MANAGER during their API update.

Please let us know what you find out from your testing. :)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

(tl;dr) Troubleshooting is a delightful torture, especially when you try to recreate the issue you experienced and IT. WONT. MANIFEST.

Longer version:
    I spent several hours yesterday & evening running around PC\EU as that is where the issue first started for me.
    I could not get it to actually drop my food & XP buffs early.
    What I did experience on zoning in, was my drink buff from the previous day was still active but the attribute bars were shrunk as though no buff was active. This isn't new and many others have called that out too.

I started in N. Elsweyr. ate a 50% Crown XP scroll and washed it down with a Witchmother's Potent Brew, both at least 2hrs duration. (Upon drinking, the attribute bars expanded to the size they would normally, stats were still buffed values)

Fought some dragons, did a couple delve dailies, so in and out of overland zone into delves, even popped into and out of Sugar Bowl Suite, no issues.
    Hopped to other zones including S. Elsweyr, Wrothgar, Shadowfen, High Isle, Galen and finally Telvanni Peninsula and Necrom. Did multiple dailies across those zones, into and out of delves, etc. No issues, buffs ran their normal courses.
    I even rebuffed drink&XP after those ran out and still no issues with them falling off early.

Only things I did outside of game before hand was the fix @ADarklore mentioned above and like I also mentioned I updated Dolgubon's LWC. That's it :/ (I should be happy things seemed to work as they should but it bugs me greatly when I can't recreate an issue.)

In-game experience was actually very good, even for being on PC\EU, which is across the vast pool of water for me.
    Arcanist is still hella fun to play! I did notice a bug with aiming their beam abilities and height\angle that I need to see if it's been reported, otherwise I will. :)
  • Daewind
    Daewind
    ✭✭
    Still weird, just a UI issue? My food is gone after zoning, the health etc. bars are shorter and my stat numbers are lower as well. Everything I see in any possible way via different means shows effective loss of food buff.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sioniann wrote: »
    On one of my much older characters (Nord DK) I have been consistently losing my Mundus stone (was using the Steed) when zoning. This did not appear to just be only an issue on my character sheet because the health recovery dropped and I no longer seemed to have the buff in cmx or esologs. Upon switching to the Lord, I stopped losing my mundus buff, so at least in my case it seemed be boon-specific? I have not noticed the mundus drop off on any other characters (yet).

That's interesting, because I'm missing the Mundus stone on my two mains, and both of them use the Steed. I haven't even checked my alts, since I'm mainly just using them to get hireling mails and act as mules. I'd assumed it was just a superficial bug with the Active Effects list, and never tested whether the boon is actually gone.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SoraJP
    SoraJP
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

(tl;dr) Troubleshooting is a delightful torture, especially when you try to recreate the issue you experienced and IT. WONT. MANIFEST.

Longer version:
    I spent several hours yesterday & evening running around PC\EU as that is where the issue first started for me.
    I could not get it to actually drop my food & XP buffs early.
    What I did experience on zoning in, was my drink buff from the previous day was still active but the attribute bars were shrunk as though no buff was active. This isn't new and many others have called that out too.

I started in N. Elsweyr. ate a 50% Crown XP scroll and washed it down with a Witchmother's Potent Brew, both at least 2hrs duration. (Upon drinking, the attribute bars expanded to the size they would normally, stats were still buffed values)

Fought some dragons, did a couple delve dailies, so in and out of overland zone into delves, even popped into and out of Sugar Bowl Suite, no issues.
    Hopped to other zones including S. Elsweyr, Wrothgar, Shadowfen, High Isle, Galen and finally Telvanni Peninsula and Necrom. Did multiple dailies across those zones, into and out of delves, etc. No issues, buffs ran their normal courses.
    I even rebuffed drink&XP after those ran out and still no issues with them falling off early.

Only things I did outside of game before hand was the fix @ADarklore mentioned above and like I also mentioned I updated Dolgubon's LWC. That's it :/ (I should be happy things seemed to work as they should but it bugs me greatly when I can't recreate an issue.)

In-game experience was actually very good, even for being on PC\EU, which is across the vast pool of water for me.
    Arcanist is still hella fun to play! I did notice a bug with aiming their beam abilities and height\angle that I need to see if it's been reported, otherwise I will. :)

I think some toons get this bug more frequently than others. I ALWAYS get this bug on my main (a warden created when Morrowind first released), every single loading screen causes it.
    I rarely get this bug on my new arcanists. Haven't really played any of my other toons enough to notice the frequency, but it does still happen.
    PC/NA Khajiit Warden Main
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭

As some others have posted I'm not only seeing the food buff itself vanish but my Health/Stamina/Magicka values/bars also decrease [And will increase when I re-apply the food buff]. Seems pretty extensive for a "UI/Display issue"? Or are you saying that despite what I said above my H/M/S values are infact NOT decreased like they show?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another tidbit to add to this situation.

I have been leveling my new Arcanist, and throughout the leveling and even hopping over to do dailies to level companions, I never lost food buff at all.

However, once I reached level 50, suddenly using a wayshrine (even within same zone) I would lose the food buff (or at least it appeared so because my resources bars were shrunk and it didn't show up on the character screen. I ate more food, the resource bars would grow and it would show on character screen. I would use a wayshrine, and bars would be shrunk and gone from character screen.

So, I thought I'd see what happens if I just logged out and back in. Upon doing so, my resource bars were back enlarged again and the food was back showing on the character screen. I then did a few wayshrines and zone hopping, and the resource bars remained enlarged and food remained showing on character screen.

Why going from not having any problems pre-level 50 to level 50 causing this weird glitch, I have no clue.
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭

That is not true. I qued for daily Battlegrounds, while waiting inside for the party to fill I used my golden Artareum pvp food and the war torte - after leaving the battleground, both buffs disapeared, no food or buff in the character menu and my health is low. So everything I used was lost after 10 minutes , just by leaving battlegrounds. This bug is terrible. If we use our 15k gold food fod trial, will it go away after the first room ? Scared to test it...this casual comment above is just, meh - obviously you are not even aware how big this problem is.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had it too, just in Cyrodiil.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • VidmaVirtual
    VidmaVirtual
    Soul Shriven
    Hello! If as you say is only a UI/display issue and you are not actually losing any buffs!!! So why do I lose precious food and XP buffs when I travel to another location or exit the game? You even lose the desire to play, how often you lose buffs, they cost money!
    Sorry, but you are wrong!
    Mvh:Vidmantas
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    So no ETA?
  • playnox
    playnox
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating.

this was reported during PTS, and you only investigating it now? Why so many bugs were introduced with Necrom release