The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weren't we getting a free character slot?

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems it's missing.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the same, but if you have 18/18 already, the ingame-char-screen tells you to buy two slots in the crown store and upon checking the crown store you can only have 12 slots max, so you are able to buy 1 more slot for 1.500 crowns.

So either you pay now 1.500 crowns to get that slot from the crown store or you need to delete a character if you have 18/18 already.

No free slots atm.... it starts awesome.
    Edited by Chufu on June 5, 2023 11:18AM
    Options
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get my free slot either.
    Options
  • Aram500
    Aram500
    ✭✭
    Only have 10 slots used. No free slot for me either ??
    Options
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVERMIND. Mine just popped up. Maybe the server needed a quick refresh. I did get a free slot after logging into a character then logging back out to the select screen.
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah nice, yes after logging in with a char, and logging out, the free slot is now there. PEWWW
    Options
  • Aram500
    Aram500
    ✭✭
    NEVERMIND. Mine just popped up. Maybe the server needed a quick refresh. I did get a free slot after logging into a character then logging back out to the select screen.

Just checked. Logged in and out and worked for me as well
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I reported this exact thing on PTS, disappointing it went live.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks! As other has mentioned, if you own Necrom and don't see the free character slot, please do a relog and that should fix it. Thank you!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks! As other has mentioned, if you own Necrom and don't see the free character slot, please do a relog and that should fix it. Thank you!

It worked. thank you
    Edited by MajThorax on June 5, 2023 11:58AM
    Options
  • islar
    islar
    Soul Shriven
    I reloaded 2 times, and now I have my free slot
    Edited by islar on June 5, 2023 12:00PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MajThorax wrote: »

I did and I still have 9/9 character slots. I prepurchased necrom deluxe 2 months ago.

Hey all, we're looking into this. It sounds like relogging is doing the trick for some. If this is not working for you, could you please let us know the following?
    • Did you just purchase Necrom today, or before today?
    • What version of Necrom did you purchase? (Standard, Deluxe, Upgrade, etc.)
    • Is Necrom greyed-out in the Crown Store for you? (Showing that you definitely have the entitlement on your account.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it one free and one able to buy in store?

Or just the one free slot?

On console so asking in preparation.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

One included with the chapter with the option to purchase a 2nd one from the cash shop.
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

One included with the chapter with the option to purchase a 2nd one from the cash shop.

Ta!
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-logging worked for me.
    Options
  • Taryn57
    Taryn57
    ✭✭

Hey all, we're looking into this. It sounds like relogging is doing the trick for some. If this is not working for you, could you please let us know the following?
    • Is Necrom greyed-out in the Crown Store for you? (Showing that you definitely have the entitlement on your account.)

Purchased 15th Feb
    Deluxe version
    Greyed out in Crown Store
    Options
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

I did and I still have 9/9 character slots. I prepurchased necrom deluxe 2 months ago.

Hi Jessica, it seems relogging worked, but I purchased a character slot thinking it wasn't working before trying to relog, guess i'm making 2 characters >_<
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone. Thanks again for raising this. We've confirmed that new character slots are working but you may need to fully load into the game on one of your characters before it will appear. So, if you own Necrom and don't see the free character slot you expect, load into the game on a character then log back out and the free slot should be there.

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    I thought the same, but if you have 18/18 already, the ingame-char-screen tells you to buy two slots in the crown store and upon checking the crown store you can only have 12 slots max, so you are able to buy 1 more slot for 1.500 crowns.

So either you pay now 1.500 crowns to get that slot from the crown store or you need to delete a character if you have 18/18 already.

What a con. That's me not buying it then
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    h9dlb wrote: »
    Chufu wrote: »

What a con. That's me not buying it then

yea. stick it to the man!
    Options
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. Thanks again for raising this. We've confirmed that new character slots are working but you may need to fully load into the game on one of your characters before it will appear. So, if you own Necrom and don't see the free character slot you expect, load into the game on a character then log back out and the free slot should be there.

Thank you!

^^^ Can confirm this worked for me.

Steps I took:
    - Logged in with account that did NOT have Necrom yet.
    - Purchased standard upgrade from ESO.com
    - Logged in and loaded character to world.
    - Logged back out, extra slot now shows. :smiley:
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    Options
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I didn't understand... I had 13 chars (I bought a char slot 2 years ago), so before Necrom I saw 13 chars with 5 chars slot purchasable... after Necrom I see 13/14 chars slot so... I can create a new char but I lost my char slot I bought before? Why? I had spent money for that... can I have it back? Can I have a refund for the lost slot?

EDIT: I didn't understand nothing... the free slot was 1... I though were 2 of them, my mistake. I have my free new char slot.
    Edited by Oldaraness on June 5, 2023 7:06PM
    Options
  • Yirmeyahu
    Yirmeyahu
    ✭✭✭
    It's fantastic to know that I did, indeed, get the promised free character slot for purchasing Necrom...
    after buying Crowns to purchase a character slot in the Crown Store this morning when the game initially showed me I had no open slots with which to create an Arcanist.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yirmeyahu wrote: »
    It's fantastic to know that I did, indeed, get the promised free character slot for purchasing Necrom...
    after buying Crowns to purchase a character slot in the Crown Store this morning when the game initially showed me I had no open slots with which to create an Arcanist.

You can open a ticket for a refund. They were alerted to this issue multiple times on the PTS but let all this go through anyhow. You shouldn't have to pay because they were unclear about how to access the new slot and their in-game messaging directing people to the crown store is demonstrably incorrect.
    Options
  • Yirmeyahu
    Yirmeyahu
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Yirmeyahu wrote: »

You can open a ticket for a refund. They were alerted to this issue multiple times on the PTS but let all this go through anyhow. You shouldn't have to pay because they were unclear about how to access the new slot and their in-game messaging directing people to the crown store is demonstrably incorrect.

Thanks for the suggestion, truly. But, I'm just going to chalk it up as another drop in the bucket as a 2014 veteran who still hasn't learned their lesson. :)
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oldaraness wrote: »
    Sorry but I didn't understand... I had 13 chars (I bought a char slot 2 years ago), so before Necrom I saw 13 chars with 5 chars slot purchasable... after Necrom I see 13/14 chars slot so... I can create a new char but I lost my char slot I bought before? Why? I had spent money for that... can I have it back? Can I have a refund for the lost slot?

Login into an existing character.
    Logout of the game.
    Log back in

If that doesn't resolve things, submit a ticket.
    Options
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    I have 6 of 10 characters and it wont let me make a new one PC EU
    Options
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I have one more problem in addition to this one. BEFORE Necrom, I had ONE EMPTY SLOT available, for a total of 8 character slots available to me. That empty slot has now vanished. My login screen only shows my seven characters, with my 8th slot totally missing in addition to the 9th slot missing that I should have gotten from Necrom.

I am on PCNA.

Did you just purchase Necrom today, or before today?
    I purchased Necrom on April 6th.

What version of Necrom did you purchase? (Standard, Deluxe, Upgrade, etc.)
    Deluxe Upgrade

Is Necrom greyed-out in the Crown Store for you? (Showing that you definitely have the entitlement on your account.)
    Yes.

w3w7ywuaoyta.png
    Edited by CyberDiva on June 5, 2023 4:02PM
    Options
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine showed up like others said after logging in to an existing char and logging out. But I see that's not working for everyone uwu. (I had 18/18 too).
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
    Options
  • Mekie
    Mekie
    f59yin4ns71o.png

You welcome.
    Options