Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Custom Forum Avatars?

MercyKilling
MercyKilling
✭✭✭✭✭
I miss Smiley. Can't I have him back? I had him during the beta forums, what happened?
EvilErnie_Smiley_1.jpg
I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
3) Difficulty slider.
4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • ToxicCosmos
    ToxicCosmos
    ✭✭✭
    I miss my old avatar too. I hope they allow us to upload avatars some time in the future. :/
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to upload my own too. That smiley looks like it could take the place of the slaughter fish. ;)
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    I like pre-set avatars as it stops obscene ones being used on here especially as the game is rated a 16.
  • zer0_sum
    zer0_sum
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least I demand an option for a mudcrab.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As awesome as some of the presets are, my avatar is always a female dark elf, and this was the only on available. At least she's got a cool helm... :/

Really, though, the lack of unique avatars makes it difficult to differentiate between posters (I am AWFUL with names, so do so visually). It'll be hard to build any sense of community here when half the time you can't tell people with the same avatar apart.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of a Mudcrab avatar. :D
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss my avatar and my signature.
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    Also I'd like a Scuttler avatar. :D
  • FlintNo1
    FlintNo1
    ✭✭
    It could just be me but I cant seem to find a Imperial avatar is there one?
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    FlintNo1 wrote: »
    It could just be me but I cant seem to find a Imperial avatar is there one?
    I don't think there is an Imperial avatar on here.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we should get custom avatar back, but should be about ESO only (?)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    I think we should get custom avatar back, but should be about ESO only (?)

The problem is checking that it's ES related, because somebody would try importing their WoW or Swtor images. Although letting us use our characters as avatars would be nice, I could use my Khajiit Templar.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • MightyKingHoly
    MightyKingHoly
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to use the tesl redguar avatar with the 2 sword and red cape looks mighty lol.

as a note: i belive that zombie with worms coming out and green no less with a beatsly sharp toth and a red eye is more obcene then anything ive seen.

just saying atlest specific anime girls are pleasing to the eye in some sence.

in adition that there are element in game that looks rated 18+ in a way. at the point you could consider anything obcese exept teletubies, barny, seasame street etc.. tbh. especially when you consider tatoos and daedra or supernal floating in a strage way with rubbing their mind near a sleeping person. in some cases this could be considered strait out disturbing

(you can not cover the sun with your hand there are diabolical, satanical, star pointed daedra in this game, with diabolical sighns with blood, vampire, possesion of humans, it is literly hell 2.0 , and especially the flech atronach wich is a atrosity of a pile of flesh stick togerther and if you lock the bone colossus in a way you ona be freaked out, also if you look at the daedra spider and flame atronach or the spingan, wing twilights and nerid(females) and its more aceptable then a milk tank anime girl).

looking at the wisp mother is more disturbing and obcene then any daedra ive seen for now, goblines are obcene in it self, the green, even more when you think the posible refrence of the >>Goblin-Slayer<< amor set

not menaing i would like anime as a proffile im just getting the fact strait, as i always do; its in my nature; its who i am.

It might be me who doesent understand the political , theory world.

im a more practical type of person that why in tesl i have "The Mighty" unde my name witch is MightyKingHoly, in adition to having Mighty Conjuring in my Intelect deck always lol and Fell The Mighty always in my Strenght decks, and that why i have heavy creatures and spells in it that cost a lot mostly im even thinking putting Ally Of MIght Now.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.