The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can't sign in to ElderScrollsOnline account - SOLVED!

methroixb16_ESO
I can't sign in on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ to register my headstart key.
Nothing happens when I click "Sign In".

At first I though I was typing the wrong UserID/Password, but when I deliberately mistyped both of them I got the appropriate error message.

I then requested a new password, followed the link in the email, created a new password, and was greeted by the following message (on an otherwise empty site):
The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: (a bunch of numbers)

Any helpers?

SOLVED!!

My old password, that worked well through the beta, contained special characters, which is no longer allowed.
At first when I opted to change password I stuck to using special characters, without reading through the info, and hence got the rather wierd error message.
After changing to a password containing only "normal" characters it works.
Now I'm off exploring with the rest of you geezers!
Edited by methroixb16_ESO on April 2, 2014 7:23PM
:[CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K]:[RAM: 16GB GSkill RipjawsX]:[MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Ranger]:[GFX: Gigabyte GTX970 G1]:[SOUND: ASUS Xonar Essence STX]:[POWER: Corsair TX-850]:[Screen: Eizo FS2332]:[OS: Win8.1 x64]:
  • methroixb16_ESO
    Small update:

I tried reporting this through the bethsoft contact form, but nothing happens when I click "Submit".

These issues occur in both Firefox and Chrome.
    :[CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K]:[RAM: 16GB GSkill RipjawsX]:[MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Ranger]:[GFX: Gigabyte GTX970 G1]:[SOUND: ASUS Xonar Essence STX]:[POWER: Corsair TX-850]:[Screen: Eizo FS2332]:[OS: Win8.1 x64]:
  • methroixb16_ESO
    Small update, again:

Just reinstalled Internet Explorer *shudder*, and the problem stays the same.

But I've just realized that as long as I type any combination of UserID/Password that falls within the ESO guidelines (correct number of characters and so on), nothing happens upon clicking "Sign In", and I get no warning.

I've finally patched the game, and in-game I get "Your login information was incorrect...".
  • FizzerUK
    FizzerUK
    ✭✭✭
    "Your login information was incorrect...". << Getting that at the moment also.

I was playing fine last night This morning I have this.
  • methroixb16_ESO
    I've even gone so far as to try signing in to my account via my iPad and Android phone, but the same thing happens, which is absolutely nothing.

I tried disabling my AV and Firewall and then resetting the password, since the error message claimed the connection was rejected, but I still got the same message, although with a different set of numbers.

Perhaps I should mention that I've had no problems with my account during the beta tests.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @methroixb16_ESO. If you haven't already, it may help to clear your cache and cookies. Also, we recommend adding account.elderscrollsonline.com as an exception in your anti-virus or firewall software, and this software may be blocking our site. Please let us know if either of those solutions help you! Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • methroixb16_ESO
    I always clear everything when closing a browser, on all my platforms, so cache and cookies shouldn't be an issue.
    Besides, Chrome and Internet Explorer were only installed for troubleshooting this issue, so they were completely fresh.

And as I stated in the post above, I've already tried completely disabling both anti-virus and firewall.

I've just tried logging in with my Android phone over the mobile network instead of WiFi, to rule out the ISP, but the same thing happens.
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also having the issue not being able to login due to incorrect login details.

Tried
    - Checking email for reset/hacking notification.
    - Logged onto the official Elder Scrolls Online website using the same account details and I am able to log on.
    - Reset browser cache and cookies.
    - Disabled anti-virus and firewall and attempted to log on.
    - Various compatibility modes on the launcher.

I'm using windows 7.
  • methroixb16_ESO
    I can't say much for in-game login, since I can't even activate my headstart.

I just pulled up "Inspect Element" in Chrome, to see what happens when I press "Sign In", and in the Network tab I can see that I get a response from the server; namely the same error message as I get when trying to reset password:

Your support ID is: (bunch of new numbers)

Since I've tried multiple browsers on multiple platforms with diferent ISPs, and with anti-virus and firewall disabled where applicable, I don't really know what else to try.
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    It's nothing to do with your ISP or browser, it's an issue related to the website. My best guess is when they released the game for the 3-day access accounts some accounts that were already working and playing got messed up somehow.
  • methroixb16_ESO
    Could be, but then again I've yet to authorize my account for headstart, so there shouldn't be an authentication issue. At least with this specific problem.

I just tried creating a new account, but after clicking "Create Account" I end up with the same message:
    Your support ID is: (numbers)

On a side note; should we be able to ping account.elderscrollsonline.com?
    While Ping shows the IP adress for the site, my results vary between a response from another IP adress, saying "Destination net unreachable", and request timed out.
    All in all I'm at roughly 50% packet loss.
  • FizzerUK
    FizzerUK
    ✭✭✭
    Zilyana wrote: »
    My best guess is when they released the game for the 3-day access accounts some accounts that were already working and playing got messed up somehow.

Exactlly what I was thinking BatMan..

@ZOS_TristanK‌ So far my trouble shooting extends to this...

- Firewall is disabled
    - Anti-Virus is disabled
    - 5 Day early access on account
    - Changed password
    - Deleted "ProgramData" in ESOLauncher Folder
    - Set Launcher to run as Administrator.
    - Disabled services NOT Microsoft and run as selective start-up

Please look into the issue...
  • methroixb16_ESO
    I'm pretty certain that at least for me it's not "merely" an account authorization issue.
    For some reason not one of my units (PC, iPad, Android Phone) is able to even connect to the account/authorization server.
    Wether I try to reset password, create a new account, or inspect the server response for a login attempt, I always get the same response:

The troubleshooting to this point:
    PC:
    Standard TP connection with my Swedish ISP.
    -Firefox. All history cleared (cache, cookies, the lot). With and without AdBlock. With and without AntiVirus and Firewall.
    -Chrome. Fresh install. All history cleared (cache, cookies, the lot). With and without AdBlock. With and without AntiVirus and Firewall.
    -Internet Explorer. Fresh install. All history cleared (cache, cookies, the lot). With and without AdBlock. With and without AntiVirus and Firewall.

iPad:
    Using a custom American DNS.
    -Safari. No cache or cookies cleared, but Private Browsing activated.
    -Mercury Browser. All history cleared (cache, cookies, the lot).

Android Phone:
    Using both WiFi and mobile network.
    -Dolphin Browser. All history cleared (cache, cookies, the lot). Adblock enabled system wide on a hosts-file basis.

Some creative feedback would be appreciated.
    If you tell me to try whitelisting the domain or disable my AV/Firewall, you clearly haven't read the post.
  • frankieso_ESO
    I had the same exact issue but was able to fix it by using my mobile network instead of using my home ISP (TWC So Cal). Reading your final post it seems your problem might be worse than mine.

What happened was a few of the beta testers ran into this exact problem with not being able to log in or access their account with Time Warner. Some were able to get around it by opening the port with their router. I can't seem to find that info anymore as the beta forums are closed.

My workaround was by using my mobile (t mobile) to create and access my account and download my client. I will then transfer the file via USB to PC. I can download and play the game perfectly with my ISP, just can't access my account with it. Hope some of the info above helped.
  • methroixb16_ESO
    Thanks for the input, but yes, my problem seems to be harder to solve. Access to the account site is rejected regardless of using my home or mobile ISP.
    Tomorrow I'm going to try logging in at a friends house, with another ISP. I'll get back with an update.

It would be interesting to hear if any other Swedes are having the same issue.
  • methroixb16_ESO
    I guess we can rule out the ISP being an issue.
    I've just tried to log in from my parents' computer on a different street address with a different IP address with a different ISP, and I get the exact same outcome.
    Wether I try to log in (and watch the network response) or I try to create a new account, the response is the same:

This was with a computer and IP address that has never before accessed my account, or elderscrollsonline.com for that matter.
    I also tried the same procedure with my iPad on their WiFi, and got the same result.

I'm getting ever so slightly frustrated. It doesn't make sense that I'm the only one with this problem, especially when it doesn't matter which platform and ISP I use to access the site.
    Edited by methroixb16_ESO on April 2, 2014 10:09AM
  • methroixb16_ESO
    PROBLEM SOLVED!

So apparently it was a sort of my fault, although the error message surely didn't hint at that.
    My old password, that worked well during the beta, contained special characters (Shift + number keys), and when I opted to create a new one I never really read through the info saying that only A-Z, 0-9 and punctuation was allowed.

On a hunch I created a password with only "normal" characters, and voilà, I was in!

So, yeah, it was a layer 8 issue, but in my defense the error message could have been a lot clearer.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PROBLEM SOLVED!

So apparently it was a sort of my fault, although the error message surely didn't hint at that.
    My old password, that worked well during the beta, contained special characters (Shift + number keys), and when I opted to create a new one I never really read through the info saying that only A-Z, 0-9 and punctuation was allowed.

On a hunch I created a password with only "normal" characters, and voilà, I was in!

So, yeah, it was a layer 8 issue, but in my defense the error message could have been a lot clearer.
    So you're saying that if our accounts still have the same password from beta it is no longer good and we need to create a new one? I'm able to login the ESO website, just can't login to the game.

I was also able to login the first two days of early access with the same password.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on April 2, 2014 7:27PM
  • methroixb16_ESO
    So you're saying that if our accounts still have the same password from beta it is no longer good and we need to create a new one? I'm able to login the ESO website, just can't login to the game.

I was also able to login the first two days of early access with the same password.
    I think it only applies to the cases where special characters were used in the password during the beta.
    If you had a password during the beta that only consisted of "normal" characters (A-Z, 0-9 and punctuation), there shouldn't be a problem.

Although this is just speculation, since the only response I've gotten from the support team was "We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours" along with a proclamation that the issue had been forwarded to the tech department.
  • dweez
    dweez
    Soul Shriven
    My password complies with the password requirements (or rather, restrictions) and I still have the issue with clicking on the "Account" link in Chrome (or the "Account" link from the game launcher). Using an Incognito window though resolves the problem.
  • Crassius
    Crassius
    ✭✭✭
    I had to use IE to access my account. Chrome would bring up this error every time. It's definitely a programming issue server side and not client side.
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll...
    Everything I say is just my opinion. Like it or not - that's all it is.