The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The Altmeri dominion is to difficult to play alone.

FireatWill151
FireatWill151
Soul Shriven
I have recently been playing in the Altmeri dominion and thought that is was a really good alliance. But I am having trouble advancing past level 6 as none of my friends have joined yet and i am being expected to face multiples of enemies ranging from level 8-15 and i don't have the leveling ability to do so. I have completed all of the quests that I can do with my current level and I was wondering if i was missing something or if there really is some sort of probolem.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then you are probably running around the map(s).

Remember, if you start at the bottom of the map, the further you move up (north) the tougher the enemy gets. same applies if you start from the left or right sides (if you start left, going right the enemies level. If you start right, going left you face higher levels).

I have 3 builds, all soloed pretty much everything in the first two zones, with the exception of the public and public grouped dungeons).

Take it slow, look for some jute, hunt some creatures for raw hides or mine some iron to better improve your armour. Look for wood or iron for crafting better weapons.

Do not rush into mobs, some would need more priority than others (example a group of two melee fighters and a pyromancer. Take out the pyro first, he/she will most likely keep a distance and hit you with spells from a distance first before the melee mods rush into you).

Maybe your not balancing your character's skills properly? post some details and we could probably help out.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to level up quickly, the best way is doing quests which I'm sure you know, since they obviously give the most XP. Finding and exploring areas is the second best way for gaining a huge chunk of exp as the XP gain goes something like this: questing » exploration » grinding

Did you do the starter Island or skip it? If you did skip it, go back and do it. Also, talk to as many NPC's that you bump into along the way, some will give you mini quests which will assist you with leveling.

Hope that helps.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably didn't go back to the start island. The best way to start is to go back and do the entire start island. You should be around level 6 when you get back to Auridon.
    Options
  • vicster0
    vicster0
    ✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »
    You probably didn't go back to the start island. The best way to start is to go back and do the entire start island. You should be around level 6 when you get back to Auridon.

I agree with this. Though I do have to say, even if you don't go back to the the Roost, you can still level in Auridon. I did and had little to no problem. Explore, but explore wisely!
    Options
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At least go back to get the shards. And I have to say I think the starter island quests are pretty well done, and include interesting tales, especially when the covenant ... but I'll resist giving spoilers.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoE and CC.

You really need these in your build if you hope to survive.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Do quests. If you are having trouble with bosses/multiple strong enemies, you have two options with solo.
    1, Use sneak and range weapons with skills the stuns.
    2, Relatively strong armor with AoE if you are using melee.
    Options
  • StoneSilence
    StoneSilence
    ✭✭✭
    You must have missed some quests in the wilds or didn't do starter island, didn't' explore every inch of the zones, do every public dungeon... or something. I have played several characters to the mid teens and one to 26 and have never ever been under level of the content.
    With the number of quests they have it's just impossible to do them all and not level up enough to meet the new content.
    Options
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »

That has to be the case. There is no way you are only level 6 and have completed all the island quests, and all the low level city quests.
    Options
  • Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done just fine soloing a DK in AD. Perhaps you should try a different build?
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim
    Options
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Its definitely your build. I cut right through groups like butter. Its all about having the right skills.
    Options
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    LVL 28 so far 100% solo in AD.

2 Hander Dawn's Wrath Templar tears through content.
    Options
  • wraithghostb16_ESO
    The game is so easy now they changed anything that you needed to group for or gave you a challenge. (why in an mmo you would do that I have no idea the boss camps were fun to group for)

Just get a bow and click the mouse, blocking and dodging helps but against mobs your level you probably dont even need to unless there are 3.

Options
  • hibashira.sakaipub19_ESO
    I have recently been playing in the Altmeri dominion and thought that is was a really good alliance. But I am having trouble advancing past level 6 as none of my friends have joined yet and i am being expected to face multiples of enemies ranging from level 8-15 and i don't have the leveling ability to do so. I have completed all of the quests that I can do with my current level and I was wondering if i was missing something or if there really is some sort of probolem.

Elmojito and Vuron are right. The starter island can net you a good 5+ levels, gears, some gold to work with, and extra skill point(s?) via quests and skyshards. I'm just leaving Aud myself at level 7. It is difficult to handle 2 or more mobs if you try to bulldoze through the level differences. Each class has some abilities to manage 2 even level mobs. Learn them well in the starter island. You'll need them.
    Options
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    I am level 8 and die twice so far due to my own stupidity against multiple mobs.

But to give some feedback to the OP ...

One, do what several others pointed out. You needed to return to the starter island and finish everything there. Between Coldharbor and the Roost you should be level 6 by the time you hit Auridon island. The starter quests at Auridon start at level 5. There is an NPC at the dock who can take you to the starter island if needed.

Two, put that crafting to use. The gear I get is usually a level or two above or below me making it useless for leveling purposes. Make your gear and keep it to level. You don't need to waste money repairing it. You need to swap it out with other crafted gear as it wears out.

Three, you need to focus on heavy armor if you are having problems blocking and dodging. With seven pieces of armor plus rings and such your armor rating can be through the roof.

Four, focus on a skill set. Trying to be a jack of all trades leaves you with weak skills that you won't have the points to update as needed. Focus and stay focus. fight the urge to add more points in other areas until you have spare points to put in things.
    Options
  • viperdemonzub17_ESO
    viperdemonzub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    am 14 now soloed through with lightning staff few times I needed help I just followed others in same area till they got to where I was at then thanked them for help and moved on
    Options
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    If you want to level up quickly, the best way is doing quests which I'm sure you know, since they obviously give the most XP. Finding and exploring areas is the second best way for gaining a huge chunk of exp as the XP gain goes something like this: questing » exploration » grinding

Did you do the starter Island or skip it? If you did skip it, go back and do it. Also, talk to as many NPC's that you bump into along the way, some will give you mini quests which will assist you with leveling.

Hope that helps.

eh, actually grinding gives you pretty good xp....if you find a good spot to AoE grind, you can lvl really fast (i.e. the people who hit lvl 50 on the first day, all did it by just AoE grinding and not doing any quests.) Granted, not every class/spec can grind quickly, but if you are a DPS focused toon you can kill groups of mobs your lvl pretty fast which gives good XP.

Questing gives good money. Questing sometimes gives skill points. Not questing is stupid (those guys who are lvl 50 and haven't done any quests are really gimped...unless they go back and do every skill point quest, which I doubt they will.)

The people who complain about being under-leveled either didn't go back and do the starter island. OR, they have stealthed/avoided every mob and just did quest objectives without killing anything.

Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm level 6 and I haven't even left Khenarti's Roost yet. How did you manage to
    do all early quest and not advance past 6?
    Options
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    None of the faction areas are that hard to do solo. AD is really very easy to be honest. You must have missed some content some place if you are having trouble. Suggestion is to take a look around and see what you overlooked.
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FireatWill151‌
    If you follow the road for village in south you will found quest along the way north also if have complete quest with queen in village in south you should get follow up quest which will lead north so or you not look hard enough or you just have miss the quest givers along the road
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth doing Khenarti's Roost, if only to get the skyshards
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
    Options
  • GrundelWolfe
    GrundelWolfe
    ✭✭
    Yes, go back and complete the starting Island. If you move quick, it can be done in 2 hours or so.

Also, what skills are you using? Make sure you have and make use of some good CC abilities. Things like stun, knock-back, slow, root, etc. You will also want AOE skills to use when there are multiple mobs. Having a multi-snaring CC to throw down, and then pop an AOE makes short work of multiple mobs.
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starter islands are a must in my book. You get 6 Skyshards (thats two skill points) and level from 3-4 (prison) to 6-8 (depends what you do).

Starting Auridon between levels 6-8 is a big boost.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • toatsmcgoats
    The entire island is solo-able as stated above explore everything on the island from south to north and you should be lvl correct throughout. If you need to look up a map online that shows the location of everything on the island to make sure you havent missed any locations that have quests in your level range.
    Edited by toatsmcgoats on April 2, 2014 3:40PM
    Options
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One might also consider not playing solo, if solo seems too difficult.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
    Options
  • Soulreaver828
    I have had some issues with quests getting to high for me and yes I to skipped the starter island. I didn't know I wasn't on the starter island lol. I know there are quests out here I just haven't found yet but I did kinda hit a wall at lvl 10. I played pvp with both toons though and so now they are lvl 11 with mostly blue armor/weapons. Also got tons of items in my mail for pvp , not sure that was intended.
    Edited by Soulreaver828 on April 2, 2014 3:58PM
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me i have to say it makes me think a little before rushing in. I play a night blade Dual wield (assassin/syphon trees) and its not that i die quickly its that if I'm not careful i will be in a bad spot. Not many mmos do this to me, heck even on EQ2 and GW1/2 i tend to faceroll things and it grows boring. Sure i can go an AOE class and murder things but whats the point in rushing the game? i like to think of every encounter as if it was myself in that situation not just a character. Makes ESO more entertaining and my friend and i have come up with some pretty nice assassination tactics
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • RingobloodtheOld
    RingobloodtheOld
    ✭✭✭
    Please remember, this is a MMO, its suppose to be played with ppl. If you want to solo play go play Skyrim.
    Server: NA/PC
    Holyringoblood (Altmer) Templer
    Torgrimmer (Breton) Templer
    Ringoblood (Nord) Dragonknight
    Ringobloodtheold (Dummer) Nightblade
    Options
  • Kitaelia
    Kitaelia
    I really don't like that a new character starts on the second area, skipping the beginner island. It should have been the other way around. Start on the beginner island with the option of skipping it.

The way they have it ordered now, many many players don't even know that it exists or that they have the option of going back. If I hadn't played the beta, I wouldn't have even known you can take a boat back to the starter island.

I love that we have the option of skipping it.. But I wish we started on the easier island so the new players wouldn't get confused.
    Edited by Kitaelia on April 2, 2014 7:14PM
    Options
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kitaelia wrote: »
    I really don't like that a new character starts on the second area, skipping the beginner island. It should have been the other way around. Start on the beginner island with the option of skipping it.

The way they have it ordered now, many many players don't even know that it exists or that they have the option of going back. If I hadn't played the beta, I wouldn't have even known you can take a boat back to the starter island.

I love that we have the option of skipping it.. But I wish we started on the easier island so the new players wouldn't get confused.

Part of what makes it an Elder Scrolls game. You may get in over your head. That doesn't mean "complain it's too hard", it means "go and find a way to level up and come back to it". Since the Prophet says right away "oh, go see this guy" that is enough of a hint that there's something to do there. Less hand holding and more looking around and finding stuff!

Seriously though, if you're finding it hard now what are you going to do later? It's like someone complaining about Doshia being difficult when they were level 10 with level 7 gear.
    Options