Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I love the new class but the Arcanist class can cause serious health issues.

Dioskur
Dioskur
✭✭
I love the new arcanist class, unfortunately its main mechanic can cause serious health issues. It's about the "cruxes" spinning in a circle.

Some people, myself included, may experience discomfort, headaches, imbalances, or dizzines when they see objects moving steadily around a regular circle, what cruxes exactly do. This is due to congenital predispositions associated with disorders in the labyrinth of the ear.

Therefore, on behalf of myself and other players with such a problem, I kindly ask to create some kind of an option to disable the graphic effect of cruxes mechanic around the players character - maybe some tracking option in the form of buffs above the skill bar instead or sth else.

P.S. I would love to seriously play this, but the above issue prevents me from doing so. The exactly same issue has shaman class in WoW and probably many other classes in mmos.
I know I already created this discussion, but unfortunately in the wrong tab.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to turn off unwanted or even harmful animations caused by other players is long overdue (looking at you, flappysorc).

Unfortunately zos refuses to even take position on this topic let alone taking action.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely run flappies on my own Sorcerer because they makes me nauseated. It isn't so much that the twilight flaps its wings, it's that it bobs up and down as well. The two effects together are just too much.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I rarely run flappies on my own Sorcerer because they makes me nauseated. It isn't so much that the twilight flaps its wings, it's that it bobs up and down as well. The two effects together are just too much.

Indeed, sometimes when I'm zoomed in rather far (like to do so for immersion purposes) and suddenly am surronded by 2-3 flappies I get slight headache rather quick
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..and this is the reason I cannot play the class and will not buy it... I have everything else
    Also going to need to think of ways to play with them nearby.
    This company lags behind all the others in terms of accessibility.
    Edited by merevie on June 5, 2023 6:15AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't buy Necrom for just this reason.

My motion sickness from testing an arcanist wasn't too bad, so I presume I'll be fine playing alongside other people's characters. But I'm not planning to make arcanists for myself.

I've bought all content in the past, including a couple of things I had access to anyway via ESO+. But not Necrom at launch, or at launch price.
  • Dioskur
    Dioskur
    ✭✭
    How can we find out if the developers are atleast aware of this issue or inform them?
    It is the coolest class so far, just too epileticogennic even for healthy people.
    if they would at least give the possibility to reduce the visual and sound effects to any extent for people with problems like us :(
    As far as I can stand the general overgrowth of visual effects, but flying cruxes are just too much for me.
    Edited by Dioskur on June 8, 2023 11:21AM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to get the same side effects from the Hatchlings Shell set a long time ago. Seemed like a good idea at the time but I had to stop using it because of the headaches and dizziness.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't buy Necrom for just this reason.

maybe that's a bit overkill, right?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're on the topic of the game causing problems for people, maybe they can also do something about the camera pan/spin every time you interact with a crafting table? I get the same dizziness just trying to do daily writs.