The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undeath again

mmtaniac
mmtaniac
✭✭✭✭
Undeath should be weaker or they should lock fighter's guild skill tree for wampires and werewolfs. This way people will have too choose. Because right now not being vampire is just being worst in pvp. With some downsides and lose of Dawnbreaker some people will think did i need survival over good chunk of damage ultimate. If passive is not op then why 90% of pvp players use it. Ok vampire have downsides too but with current game and sets this downsides are too easy to counter. Game need some choose in few categories similiar problem is with dk invicibility with infiniti armor penetration. I know people want to do eveything , i want too but this thing just not healthy for game and whole balance.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drawbacks are completely negated at low health.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    here the only option is to make a vampire narrowly focused on skills, like a werewolf, unfortunately vampire skills do not synergize well with each other, but at the same time they are useful as an addition to any build, if the developers would make passive abilities more tied to vampire skills, for example, resistance to damage could be passively received only if 3 skills from the vampire branch are selected, e.g. 3 skills on one weapon, 3 other skills on the second weapon, for a full bonus, this would make many players wonder if they need it or not, and of course, the vampire skills themselves should be reworked and significantly improved, as in terms of synergy and combinations, so in terms of direction for different game content
    Edited by GrimStyx on May 27, 2023 4:02AM
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    although it seems to me that it would be easier to remove the % resistance xd
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine with removing undeath if they bring back health recovery by removing debuff from battle spirit. Than meta you had to build for. But do remove the cp that gives health recovery based on ultimate.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Undeath is definitely strong but locking fighters guild skills from vamps is not the way to go. It would make classes like stamsorc obselete with no good ultimate besides 2h ult but dw would be unplayable. The class already struggles due to having the worst healing in the game so youd basically make them choose between 2 things that are both bad
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undeath passive is 100% similiar to current Dragonknight class that is too strong and do too much for one thing. Vampire should be attractive for skills not passives. Passives should be only bonus not main thing of this skill tree it shouldn't dictate whole meta in pvp. Ok sorc can lose ultimate it's not good i get it but look at this from person that don't play vampire that person are from start on losing side of the coin (they don't have undeath)no matter what they do. Ok player skill matters much but still sometimes skill can't help when similiar skill people met at time like this strongest passives matters more than player skill.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How Undeath has been allowed to survive 9 years past balance checks is absolutely laughable.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    How Undeath has been allowed to survive 9 years past balance checks is absolutely laughable.

The balancing team at ZOS doing their finest job!
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ignore undeath whole time. I proposed change to undeath ,change it to armor scaling similiar to pariah ,maybe weaker, this way vampires will be forced to stack less armor to get maximum bonus from passive, because right now they have too much defense bonuses. Another bonus of armor is ,you can reduce it. Get minor and major protection + 33000armor + undeath + 1hit from serpent coil. It's too much defense. They should add more unique armor bonuses not % damage reduction bonuses. Armor a least have a cap. So you can't stack it indefinitly.
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Undeath required a Vampire ability slotted to work, it would make Vampire a build choice rather than a necessity for any build.
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    If Undeath required a Vampire ability slotted to work, it would make Vampire a build choice rather than a necessity for any build.

one ability on each slot will not solve the problem, the new mist is used quite often, like the ultimate, the problem of vampirism is that this branch was originally built as an addition to class and weapon skills, and not as an independent branch where you have to smear yourself with vampire abilities, to get the maximum bonus for example from undeath passive, 6%/12%/18%/... max protection with min hp from each vampire skill on your panel,and with the current abilities and their synergy with each other, no one will do this, especially some like vampiric drain are completely useless
    Edited by GrimStyx on May 30, 2023 9:34AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're assuming it's been this strong for that amount of time. Before Greymoor it only started working below 50% HP at execute range, but now it scales starting at 100%.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because a lot of PVP players use Undeath does not make it OP. Its a nice passive that gives survivability, available to everyone, and is not class specific. And people are still dying despite being a Vampire.

The Vampire skill line for all of its existence has been almost universally a PVP skill line. Its had its very, very brief moments of utility in PVE (i.e. Blood for Blood) but its a PVP skill line. Stealth and resistance are countered by skill cost and vulnerability to fire. If you remove the resistance, why would anyone play as a Vampire?
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Just because a lot of PVP players use Undeath does not make it OP. Its a nice passive that gives survivability, available to everyone, and is not class specific. And people are still dying despite being a Vampire.

The Vampire skill line for all of its existence has been almost universally a PVP skill line. Its had its very, very brief moments of utility in PVE (i.e. Blood for Blood) but its a PVP skill line. Stealth and resistance are countered by skill cost and vulnerability to fire. If you remove the resistance, why would anyone play as a Vampire?

For the same reason that players play as a werewolf, for the sake of his abilities and unique gameplay, the vampire has always been just a gag for adding abilities that are important to a particular class and the undeath passive, it was like that before the change, and remained after, although it could be obviously come up with something more interesting, make a unique branch, with its own gameplay, and not just a gag of your class problems, then it would be much easier to balance the same undeath. Let me remind you that the vampire lord set is the most useless in the game, simply because no one needs a neutered skill line that has no synergy between themselves, with the same neutered and undeveloped set, so yes, the only thing left is just to be a gag skill and an undeath passive. It’s just a shame that the purpose of this branch didn’t change much both before and after the rework, you correctly noted that players with bad builds and / or weak classes still die even with a passive, but already dense classes with big damage potential and broken damage builds become completely unkillable with the undeath passive
    Edited by GrimStyx on May 30, 2023 10:20PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmtaniac wrote: »
    Undeath should be weaker or they should lock fighter's guild skill tree for wampires and werewolfs. This way people will have too choose. Because right now not being vampire is just being worst in pvp. With some downsides and lose of Dawnbreaker some people will think did i need survival over good chunk of damage ultimate. If passive is not op then why 90% of pvp players use it. Ok vampire have downsides too but with current game and sets this downsides are too easy to counter. Game need some choose in few categories similiar problem is with dk invicibility with infiniti armor penetration. I know people want to do eveything , i want too but this thing just not healthy for game and whole balance.

Why does my werewolf deserve this?
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    GrimStyx wrote: »

one ability on each slot will not solve the problem, the new mist is used quite often, like the ultimate, the problem of vampirism is that this branch was originally built as an addition to class and weapon skills, and not as an independent branch where you have to smear yourself with vampire abilities, to get the maximum bonus for example from undeath passive, 6%/12%/18%/... max protection with min hp from each vampire skill on your panel,and with the current abilities and their synergy with each other, no one will do this, especially some like vampiric drain are completely useless

Actually when vampire was first made it was made specifically for the passives. The only abilities were mist form and vampire drain and then the bat swarm ultimate. They reworked it in Greymoor and that's when it became a complete skill line adding the spammable, vamp drain and fear. Also undeath has only been as strong as it is now since then too, as it only kicked in under 50% health back then so it hasn't been op for 9 years like people are saying. Nobody really ran vampire until they nerfed health recovery then undeath was peoples answer to losing the passive defense it provided. Honestly i think if they just reverted the nerfs to health recovery and adjusted sets like alessian and changed undeath back to only scaling under 50% we would be in a lot better place overall.
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭

Because undeath hasnt been op for 9 years
  • GrimStyx
    GrimStyx
    ✭✭✭
    Weckless wrote: »

Actually when vampire was first made it was made specifically for the passives. The only abilities were mist form and vampire drain and then the bat swarm ultimate. They reworked it in Greymoor and that's when it became a complete skill line adding the spammable, vamp drain and fear. Also undeath has only been as strong as it is now since then too, as it only kicked in under 50% health back then so it hasn't been op for 9 years like people are saying. Nobody really ran vampire until they nerfed health recovery then undeath was peoples answer to losing the passive defense it provided. Honestly i think if they just reverted the nerfs to health recovery and adjusted sets like alessian and changed undeath back to only scaling under 50% we would be in a lot better place overall.

I remember that time when you could cast vampire drain and stun through a rolldodge, it was fun. But, this is the whole problem, even after rebalancing they made a whole branch, but could not make good abilities, with synergy among themselves, it just looks more like a set of skills, as I said, to plug the shortcomings, or win back through the undeath passive. You say that there is no longer a possibility for good survivability in view of the nerf of the alternative to health regeneration, but this will mean that others will also not be able to play on a conditional DK with a ton of damage from their own class abilities, and at the same time have extra big survivability, as in me, passives like this should be more orientired for those who want to play specifically for the vampire, and not for the sake of his resistance passive, with all or most of his abilities, which of course need to be reworked, and at the same time, with this approach, it will be much easier to balance the vampire branch. Maybe then there won't be players who can outlive the zerg and still deal tons of damage, in fact, if no one has a strong version of this passive other than vampire skill oriented players, then nothing much will change, those who die easily will die and further, on the other hand, other can no longer to play on tanks with broken damage builds, then it will no longer be possible to deal tons of damage and at the same time overcome the defense cap, or turn duels between strong players into an endless brawl for unknown hours, because due to the huge survivability of both, they cannot simply kill each other, but at the same time, players with weaker classes and builds will only be incinerated from a couple of hits, without being able to defeat them
    Edited by GrimStyx on May 31, 2023 12:05PM
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Weckless wrote: »

I remember that time when you could cast vampire drain and stun through a rolldodge, it was fun. But, this is the whole problem, even after rebalancing they made a whole branch, but could not make good abilities, with synergy among themselves, it just looks more like a set of skills, as I said, to plug the shortcomings, or win back through the undeath passive. You say that there is no longer a possibility for good survivability in view of the nerf of the alternative to health regeneration, but this will mean that others will also not be able to play on a conditional DK with a ton of damage from their own class abilities, and at the same time have extra big survivability, as in me, passives like this should be more orientired for those who want to play specifically for the vampire, and not for the sake of his resistance passive, with all or most of his abilities, which of course need to be reworked, and at the same time, with this approach, it will be much easier to balance the vampire branch. Maybe then there won't be players who can outlive the zerg and still deal tons of damage, in fact, if no one has a strong version of this passive other than vampire skill oriented players, then nothing much will change, those who die easily will die and further, on the other hand, other can no longer to play on tanks with broken damage builds, then it will no longer be possible to deal tons of damage and at the same time overcome the defense cap, or turn duels between strong players into an endless brawl for unknown hours, because due to the huge survivability of both, they cannot simply kill each other, but at the same time, players with weaker classes and builds will only be incinerated from a couple of hits, without being able to defeat them

Im confused about what i said that hurts dks? My solution would help dks by making their class passives to health recovery meaningful again. And i agree that undeath is too strong i was just saying why people started using it. This change would also benefit sorcs who have a big problem with survivability rn bc if their health regen passive being made useless
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple fix.

Flame Damage and Fighter’s Guild abilities ignore Undeath passive.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfing Undeath only benefits the S-Tier classes in pvp.

1 of my classes can play without Undeath. The others are borderline unviable without it, to the point that I can tell immediately in pvp when vamp stage 3 runs out. Just saying.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think netting it would actually make for a tankier meta.

A lot would drop a damage set for survival. I think it would be worse.

The problem isn't undeath. Someone with 30k health, only damage or sustain sets and something like dual wield and bow is still easy to kill.

It's when people have 48k health, heals that scale off health, heavy armor, sword and shield, sets which give more damage mitigation and ultis that make you immortal.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undeath should be halved.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bet is ZOS won't do anything about this until the end of the year EARLIEST. May take til next years chapter if they will make one.
    Im glad D4 has come out so I can take a needed break from this game since the current state is so bad
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »
    Undeath should be halved.

Only if rest of the vampirism is buffed. In PvE it's worthless unless for esthetic reasons and it's a BIG drawback and for PvP only the passive is good. Buff the other skills to be viable and then nerf this.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Simple fix.

Flame Damage and Fighter’s Guild abilities ignore Undeath passive.

Nah. This makes DKs even stronger what are you talking about lol. How about flame damage ignores the undeath passive and deals 50% damage back to the caster
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put undeath at stage 4, and move stage 4 to stage three passives.

Easy, everyone wins, vampire keeps its identity.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    Just put undeath at stage 4, and move stage 4 to stage three passives.

Easy, everyone wins, vampire keeps its identity.

DKs would especially win since that's a 7% buff to their damage. Read my famous poll and my first response: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628489/dk-needs-a-13-damage-nerf

I agree with @Weckless here 100%, this is the surest way to untangle this web:

- Revert the changes to Undeath's Scaling
    - Nerf the large integer sources of HP Regen which were added from 2018 - 2021
    - Revert the subjection of HP Regen to Battlespirit

As to that first part, more analysis can be found in React's post here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/621381/pvp-balance-in-u37-in-depth-balance-suggestions/p1

As to the second part, I'll quote myself from a comment from April 2021:
    "ever-increasing integer sources of HP Regen along with ever-decreasing unique Percentile Buffs which had some opportunity cost (Orgnum's, Racial passives, Champion passives) meant that HP Regen was freely available in larger numbers to any spec that wanted it. This meant it only further increased the power of what would've been the strongest specs anyhow, without many meaningful opportunity costs " (taken from this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571123/health-recovery-inconsistency-and-viability)
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really tired of Dawnbreaker, and really tired of vampires being all over the place. There is a lot of extra none class skill trees that over preform in a big way. FIghter's guild is ridiculous, Vampire is slotted for passives only just like before which was the whole point of the rework, Duel Wield and Ice Staff is the only weapons anyone uses. Metas do always rise but the meta hasnt shifted from these in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time and outside of balance I am just bored with them and tired of seeing them.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just change vampire's extra flame damage taken into extra damage taken of any type. That change would serve as both a well-deserved nerf to DKs and as a counterbalance to Undeath (where the reduced damage taken at low health would be countered by increased damage taken at medium and high health).