Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Timbercrow Wanderer costume

• JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in the "logic" of native english usage, different terms for that particular piece of anatomy have different degrees of "politeness." We might be able to use butt, however behind, rear end, or posterior are less "offensive."
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact: change your toon's skin tone (only works on humans and elves) to be the same color as the costume and no one will notice.

I had to double take one person's toon because I thought they did something to remove that visually. XD
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As another non-native I'd suggest posterior because it's polite enough to use in character generator. ( I guess maximum posterior dimensions limit is so scrawny because clipping issue caused by some problem in early code spaghetti but it should really get a buff.)
    Edited by rpa on May 24, 2023 8:40AM
  • zos_Izaren
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Anyway, it's all rather depressing, especially how certain armors etc. are censored, like showing a tiny bit of skin in an 18 plus game will bring the wrath of the feminists on them, so they'd rather ruin the look with something like the Timbercrow 'diaper'. @ZOS_GinaBruno Just... why?

I don't think it has anything to do with a false sense of modesty, as ZOS has no problem with skimpier outfits, such as Almalexia's costume. Look how naturally it fits the derrière :

kRB6TZu.png

It almost seems as if they are trolling with the Timbercrow diaper / shaved posterior thing that defies all laws of physics. A dye channel for the skin colored part would be nice, but they don't do what most players want, for the most part.

I mean, does this look even remotely natural? No cloth in the mundus would cling to a bottom like that. Looks flayed, in my opinion. And no option to discard the sports bra for male characters, as they successfully did with the Dark Shaman costume.

nu2sRem.png

Bra for females, no bra for males. As it should be.

X4MNyxv.png
    ntyrPgp.png

Edit: changed it to "posterior," to not offend anyone.
    Edited by Jaraal on May 24, 2023 10:01AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree completely. Quoting what I've said ever since I got the costume long ago:

'Fix the butt on the Timbercrow Wanderer costume. If Almalexia can wear a loincloth flawlessly, why can't my elf? Given the cost (in blood or treasure) to get this costume, it is quite irresponsible/negligent to leave it in such a defective state.'
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is offensive for numerous reasons. The most important being that it's something you earn, and like most times -- things you earn are inferior to stuff you buy from the crown store. This needs to be addressed, I don't care if it's their policy to never change old art (lol) they need to fix it, this something that a modder could do in a matter of minutes. The Timbercrow could work finely with a slightly smaller undergarment compared to the Almalexia one, hell, even a copy paste would work.

The company was, for many years, in a forward momentum with no chance to stop, cutthroat deadlines, no time to fix bugs, be it visual or otherwise, we got unfinished stories, you name it. Now with year long adventures being over, I am hoping for this to change. Fixing old stuff would be nice for a change.

Should mention that it feels extra bad because this is an item you earn via PvP, we don't have that many cosmetics to earn you know...
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a long standing complaint since it's release. I agree. The diaper needs to go.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Anyway, it's all rather depressing, especially how certain armors etc. are censored, like showing a tiny bit of skin in an 18 plus game will bring the wrath of the feminists on them, so they'd rather ruin the look with something like the Timbercrow 'diaper'. @ZOS_GinaBruno Just... why?

I don't think it has anything to do with a false sense of modesty, as ZOS has no problem with skimpier outfits, such as Almalexia's costume. Look how naturally it fits the derrière :

kRB6TZu.png

It almost seems as if they are trolling with the Timbercrow diaper / shaved posterior thing that defies all laws of physics. A dye channel for the skin colored part would be nice, but they don't do what most players want, for the most part.

I mean, does this look even remotely natural? No cloth in the mundus would cling to a bottom like that. Looks flayed, in my opinion. And no option to discard the sports bra for male characters, as they successfully did with the Dark Shaman costume.

nu2sRem.png

Bra for females, no bra for males. As it should be.

X4MNyxv.png
    ntyrPgp.png

Edit: changed it to "posterior," to not offend anyone.

This. It drives me insane that timbercrow was handled this way. Not only is the diaper annoying on both men and women, but as someone who wants more shirtless costumes for men, its very irritating that they couldn't take the time to edit off the sports bra on the male version.

The Almalexia costume doesn't have the diaper problem, but its very annoying that they couldn't be bothered to remove the bra for male characters on that costume either. Couldn't we at least have a toggle/an optional version so that people who like it the way it is can keep it that way, while those of us who don't can have a shirtless version for men?

This whole thing where we're constantly getting bras on the male version of costumes is really getting annoying for those of us who are not into that aesthetic. I have no issue with those who ARE into it, but I'd like options, a toggle, a totally separate version. Something.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This. It drives me insane that timbercrow was handled this way. Not only is the diaper annoying on both men and women, but as someone who wants more shirtless costumes for men, its very irritating that they couldn't take the time to edit off the sports bra on the male version.

The Almalexia costume doesn't have the diaper problem, but its very annoying that they couldn't be bothered to remove the bra for male characters on that costume either. Couldn't we at least have a toggle/an optional version so that people who like it the way it is can keep it that way, while those of us who don't can have a shirtless version for men?

This whole thing where we're constantly getting bras on the male version of costumes is really getting annoying for those of us who are not into that aesthetic. I have no issue with those who ARE into it, but I'd like options, a toggle, a totally separate version. Something.
    People can argue all day about ratings, what's proper and what isn't etc. etc. [snip] This is nothing, just a drop in the ocean, but it would mean a lot if they actually went back FOR ONCE and fixed something highly problematic that people care for and spent their precious time getting.

@ZOS_Kevin Radio silence sucks, this has been talked to death over the years, please consider changing this. I know in Necrom we can earn a modicum of the stuff, it's definitely a step in the right direction, but far from enough.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:51PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos_Izaren wrote: »
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.

Amusing that a post was removed for being off topic, but my response, purely to that post and not the discussion at hand, remains. Bravo!
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely should be a thong, it otherwise ruins the look but ESO seems averse to showing more than a certain amount of leg. Be it for men or women.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The timbercrow costume is overall disappointing. The grannypanny just makes it more disappointing. It should look more like this.

xuYWeuq.png
    SELWZqb.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Is the timbercrow outfit dyable?

Can you just dye that [snip]?

[edited for profanity]

Dance to the tune of the Dyed-Diaper! Let us dye if we want to!

We could dye if we want to
    We could leave shaved butt behind
    But the ZOS don't change
    and if they don't change
    then diapers they don't mind

We can dance
    We can dance
    Everybody look at your pants
    Everybody's taking the chance
    The Dyed-Diaper dance, ah!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    It definitely should be a thong, it otherwise ruins the look but ESO seems averse to showing more than a certain amount of leg. Be it for men or women.
    Thong? Well my friend I'm going to have to stop you there, this is taking it too far! But yeah, it would. I'm sure the original artwork was like that, but then the nun committee decided to go with a modest diaper instead.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Is the timbercrow outfit dyable?

Can you just dye that [snip]?

[edited for profanity]

Dance to the tune of the Dyed-Diaper! Let us dye if we want to!

You can leave your pants behind.

Cause if they don't dye and if they won't dye then they're, no Diapers of mine.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Almalexia's costume, it's probably much easier to design a specific costume that flawlessly fits a specific NPC than to design a costume that will look good on every conceivable PC, given the physical differences between the playable races and the effects of moving the sliders around when choosing height, weight, and muscularity.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Regarding Almalexia's costume, it's probably much easier to design a specific costume that flawlessly fits a specific NPC than to design a costume that will look good on every conceivable PC, given the physical differences between the playable races and the effects of moving the sliders around when choosing height, weight, and muscularity.

The thing is, the mesh and texture edits required to change that costume for males to not have the bra at all are super easy, an hours work at best. When removing something, mesh morphs aren't as much of a concern as when adding something.

Same for timbercrow. It's a VERY easy edit, even when mesh morphs are considered.

I used to make mods for things like these all the time in single player games. Mesh alterations, recolor, ext. I worked with mesh morphs in games that had sliders. If this game allowed visual mods, I'd slap both costumes into one of my editing programs and I'd go to town and have it done in one evening.

I guess that's what angers me most about it. I know it would have been a mere flick of the wrist to get these outfits right, and they deliberately chose not to.

It probably took them more work to fit that bra to the male than it would have to just remove it =_=

As for the timbercrow panties, removing them/altering them to look good is so darn easy it's scary.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on May 24, 2023 8:42PM
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's what angers me most about it. I know it would have been a mere flick of the wrist to get these outfits right, and they deliberately chose not to.

It probably took them more work to fit that bra to the male than it would have to just remove it =_=

As for the timbercrow panties, removing them/altering them to look good is so darn easy it's scary.
    The fact that they choose not to truly boggles my mind, even if it sounds ridiculous, I really think it's something like their policy. What could be the reason though? I guess they're afraid that the forums will explode with requests after giving in to feedback ONCE about things like this. I have reported so many bugs about looks, homes etc. over the years, all easy stuff mind you, zero have been addressed. I wish I was kidding. It's like the report bug/feedback button is there to mock us.

Anyway, I feel like beating on a dead horse at this point, they clearly didn't want or couldn't do it before, even stories were left unfinished. I am somewhat hopeful that moving away from 'year long adventures' might actually do this damn game good and they can focus on bringing much needed QoL changes, model updates, bug fixes etc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, the mesh and texture edits required to change that costume for males to not have the bra at all are super easy, an hours work at best.

It's not about whether they can or not technically. It's that they have a strict policy in place to never change these costumes once they go live.
    On the development side, we have a strict policy to never change art assets once they have been in the live game, except – and this is important – if they are obviously “wrong”. Think bad animations, shoulder pads clipping through armor, weapons hanging too far off a character model’s hip – that kind of thing. This “no change” policy has been in effect since the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. This was where we updated the visuals of one type of Redguard Female armor and pushed it live without thinking of the consequences of players who liked the way it looked and had been using it for over a year. This caused a lot of – very much merited – criticism from players that liked the older style much better. That’s when we started our “no change” policy. Even if we think an asset needs to updated because it doesn’t fit ESO’s established art style or the artist responsible thinks they could have done better, we no longer change live assets because players are used to the way the game and their characters look, and that is more important than what WE think.

• Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It's not about whether they can or not technically. It's that they have a strict policy in place to never change these costumes once they go live.

On the development side, we have a strict policy to never change art assets once they have been in the live game, except – and this is important – if they are obviously “wrong”. Think bad animations, shoulder pads clipping through armor, weapons hanging too far off a character model’s hip – that kind of thing. This “no change” policy has been in effect since the Redguard Female Armor Debacle of 2015. This was where we updated the visuals of one type of Redguard Female armor and pushed it live without thinking of the consequences of players who liked the way it looked and had been using it for over a year. This caused a lot of – very much merited – criticism from players that liked the older style much better. That’s when we started our “no change” policy. Even if we think an asset needs to updated because it doesn’t fit ESO’s established art style or the artist responsible thinks they could have done better, we no longer change live assets because players are used to the way the game and their characters look, and that is more important than what WE think.
    I'm sorry but this sounds like BS, but then again it does come from Firor, I have heard some bizarre stuff come from him before. In the case of Timbercrow or the dark passion regalia...there are stuff "wrong"with them, like clearly. Same if a house interior doesn't have the proper ambience file playing during a thunderstorm (being a straw house..) or in the case of the Gorinir estate, entering the first OPEN building, every ambient sound gets muffled, but then other two that have a door play them normally.

I have a massive list of bugs like this, from big to small, and no matter how many times I have reported them over the course of 8 years, they never got fixed. So yeah, they just don't go back to fix anything period, unless it's a broken quest or something.
    Edited by Shagreth on May 24, 2023 9:27PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but this sounds like BS, but then again it does come from Firor, I have heard some bizarre stuff come from him before. In the case of Timbercrow or the dark passion regalia...there are stuff "wrong"with them, like clearly. Same if a house interior doesn't have the proper ambience file playing during a thunderstorm (being a straw house..) or in the case of the Gorinir estate, entering the first OPEN building, every ambient sound gets muffled, but then other two that have a door play them normally.

I have a massive list of bugs like this, from big to small, and no matter how many times I have reported them over the course of 8 years, they never got fixed. So yeah, they just don't go back to fix anything period, unless it's a broken quest or something.

or the expensive 400 crown-GEMs Spriggan that has the MALE dance emotes instead of the female ones (since a year or so already).
    Was the last time I bought such an expensive item, and even skip cheaper ones. If they don't fix such exclusive content, I can't expect they fix even cheaper items.
    And as others wrote: already a dye channel would fix the timbercrow costume for many, so issues about too much naked skin using a thong would be irrelevant in that case.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on May 24, 2023 9:59PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, the mesh and texture edits required to change that costume for males to not have the bra at all are super easy, an hours work at best.

The thing is, it should have been done before release- especially on the costumes with bras attached. It's such and easy change to make that I don't understand why an optional version want created upon release to make these costumes appealing to players who don't enjoy bras on men. Again, absolutely NOTHING against those who do like this, I support choice. But we are getting costume after costume like this, while other costumes do have a shirtless male option.

Would giving an optional alternate version really be a problem if the original remained as it was?

And in the case of timbercrow, given the feedback and effort it takes to change, it should be altered. I regard it as "problematic" given it cannot at least be dyed.
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

But the Timbercrow diaper looks bad on all sliders, so that's not really a valid excuse.

And what about the Rimmen Fountain-side Maternity.... errr... Loungewear? It's a sliders' worst nightmare. And yet it got released, and never fixed.

jqENXEb.png

They have changed costumes such as the Singing Skald and others after they have been released. The difference is that those were paid for with crowns, and the Timbercrow is a not-for-profit costume that is only earnable with in-game currency.

Edited by Jaraal on May 25, 2023 12:09AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    They have changed costumes such as the Singing Skald and others after they have been released. The difference is that those were paid for with crowns, and the Timbercrow is a not-for-profit costume that is only earnable with in-game currency.

The Singing Skald looked different to how it was advertised due to a bug. The Timbercrow is just not a popular design choice. Their policy is specifically in regards to aesthetic changes. They already went and fixed a bug with the Timbercrow outfit, doubt they would have left this alone if it was a bug too since they were working on it anyway
    Fixed a visual issue caused when wearing the Timbercrow Wanderer Costume with the Namira’s Bile Skin.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/565750/playstation-4-patch-notes-v2-14-flames-of-ambition-dlc-update-29#Comment_7168600
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 25, 2023 6:42AM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were you all not aware that the only bare bottoms this game allows to be shown are flesh atronach bottoms? Kill one and then observe - see what can never be unseen. y0tp4xthm1tu.png

Torture us with the monstrous bottoms of our enemies, but do not allow us to beautify the world with our own posteriors? Khajiit finds it most unjust!
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torture us with the monstrous bottoms of our enemies, but do not allow us to beautify the world with our own posteriors? Khajiit finds it most unjust!
    Khajiit is wise, this is actually a good argument LOL

..now pass me the bleach, my eyes need it.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this, I know how it feels to get something you're excited about, only to have it turn out looking horrible on your character. I also know what it's like to get an awesome mount (Shadow Rider Senche), only to have ZOS change it later... so now the glowing red eyes are so bright that it actually shows THROUGH your character as you're riding it. It looks so horrible and bright that I cannot even use it anymore... and I spent $$ on trying to get it through the crates years ago. :(

On a positive note, I do think they did an awesome job with the new Fate Scryer costume that becomes available when you complete the Necrom main story. So much so that I'll be rushing an alt through the story on day one just to collect the costume so I can equip it when I create a new Arcanist character.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is seriously curious as to why Atronach bottoms are ok, but furry, svelte, and quite pleasing khajiit bottoms need to be hidden behind big diaper.

Is there someone khajiit can ask?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is seriously curious as to why Atronach bottoms are ok, but furry, svelte, and quite pleasing khajiit bottoms need to be hidden behind big diaper.

Is there someone khajiit can ask?

It was not lost on me that you are a Khajiit werewolf, and now must devour said atronach.

Good luck unseeing that one! :)

Edited by Jaraal on May 25, 2023 11:55PM