Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Timbercrow Wanderer costume

Shagreth
Shagreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, how about we change this otherwise nice costume? My character does not appreciate wearing what appears to be a diaper.

[edited for profanity]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 28, 2023 5:49PM
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there is no hind end, because you worked it off.

Seriously though, it is unfortunate you are upset, however there are many screenshots of the outfit on characters. Perhaps in the future do some more research prior to investing time/money/gold/crowns/gems etc. :)
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a feature not a bug.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously though, it is unfortunate you are upset, however there are many screenshots of the outfit on characters. Perhaps in the future do some more research prior to investing time/money/gold/crowns/gems etc. :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought players weren't able to preview outfits and style pages? Googling what the rear end of a motif looks like isn't routine advice.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This diaper complaint isn't new, and ZOS has a policy of not changing game art once it hits Live, unless it's actually affecting gameplay.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a feature not a bug.

But is it a bugged feature, or a featured bug?

I don't think I've purchased that yet (i.e., the Siege of Cyrodiil Distinction), so maybe I'll get it to see what my tush looks like.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you thought I was being serious? :smiley: Anyway, well aware how it looked, the internet exists, yes. This is just a complaint about the look, the diaper spoils it.
    Edited by Shagreth on May 22, 2023 10:50PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a costume (is it? I don't know - I think it's not my thing at all....) you should be able to preview it. If you can't preview it, it will be visible from all angles on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/

The problem with the visuals on the site is that the non beast ones are at the top, and the "diaper" has been shown as "skin color" (not sure how) - but you can certainly see it on the khajiit and argonian!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    This diaper complaint isn't new, and ZOS has a policy of not changing game art once it hits Live, unless it's actually affecting gameplay.

Which sucks when you get clipping or model warping on the cosmetics. I remember reporting over a year ago how the Dark Passions Regalia distorted the character's legs while running, jumping, standing still with a weapon out, emotes, etc, but it still remains an issue today.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like my insta max-slidering posterior didn't matter at all. QQQQQQ

I feel your pain OP.
  • caesarvs
    caesarvs
    ✭✭✭✭
    you didn't worked it hard it seems :(
  • o_Primate_o
    o_Primate_o
    ✭✭✭
    There's a small number of outfits with diapers. Zos won't get too racy
    Xbox NA as o Primate o
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagreth wrote: »
    Well, how about we change this otherwise nice costume? My character does not appreciate wearing what appears to be a diaper.
    It looks way worse on a Khajiit as in, did she shave her but as its skin colored 😺
    Skin color for an Breton and Bosmer who is not wearing a skin
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least if they made the channel dyable...
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Which sucks when you get clipping or model warping on the cosmetics. I remember reporting over a year ago how the Dark Passions Regalia distorted the character's legs while running, jumping, standing still with a weapon out, emotes, etc, but it still remains an issue today.
    ZOS has to be the only company that refuses to go back and fix stuff like this. Another thing, albeit minor, that I've been reporting over the years is how some homes have no interior weather ambience, there may be a thunderstorm outside but inside you hear light hammering etc. (i.e. city sounds, even if your home is in the sticks) it's very inconsistent.

Anyway, it's all rather depressing, especially how certain armors etc. are censored, like showing a tiny bit of skin in an 18 plus game will bring the wrath of the feminists on them, so they'd rather ruin the look with something like the Timbercrow 'diaper'. @ZOS_GinaBruno Just... why?
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the timbercrow outfit dyable?

Can you just dye that [snip]?

[edited for profanity]
    Edited by zos_Izaren on May 23, 2023 6:17AM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »

[edited for profanity]
    Lmao. What's happening to this thread is rather hilarious. Is ESO really 18+?

Anyway, no, you can't edit that [snip] part in any way.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edited for profanity]

Anyway, no, you can't edit that [snip] part in any way.

The forums have a lower age rating than the game iirc. So some stuff that would be fine in-game, isn't fine here.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 23, 2023 6:24AM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    The forums have a lower age rating than the game iirc. So some stuff that would be fine in-game, isn't fine here.
    Well, that makes sense, I was actually not aware of it. Strange choice on their part, but alright, rules are rules.

Actually, this forum has Europeans like myself in it, so the rules make sense, we tend to.. misbehave. :smiley:
    Edited by Shagreth on May 23, 2023 7:01AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, Imperial City is a scary place. You are bound to soil yourself at some point, hence the diaper.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[edited for profanity]

No, it’s not, and never has been. M in the US is 17+. In some countries it’s 16+. And I believe one of the forum mods once said the forums are PG-13 or thereabouts.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[edited for profanity]

Dance to the tune of the Dyed-Diaper! Let us dye if we want to!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

[edited for profanity]

No, it’s not, and never has been. M in the US is 17+. In some countries it’s 16+. And I believe one of the forum mods once said the forums are PG-13 or thereabouts.

The game is PEGI 18 for Europeans.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is disappointing.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we still use S'wit or N'wah on forum, or it's also banned?
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Can we still use S'wit or N'wah on forum, or it's also banned?

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfetching n'wahs on this motherfetching ship!" (Somol Eljak Sun)
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    No worries, zos got lots of [snip] to go around!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    "Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfetching n'wahs on this motherfetching ship!" (Somol Eljak Sun)
    LOL. Today I'm so tired I read snip not ship.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[edited for profanity]

Right, which doesn’t change the fact it’s not an 18+ game full stop. If some countries give it 16+ or 17+, especially the country in which it’s developed, it cannot be designed for 18+.

ETA: in Central and South America it’s actually 14, which I believe is the lowest age.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 23, 2023 9:12PM
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, which doesn’t change the fact it’s not an 18+ game full stop. If some countries give it 16+ or 17+, especially the country in which it’s developed, it cannot be designed for 18+.

ETA: in Central and South America it’s actually 14, which I believe is the lowest age.
    Which is silly, ESRB Ratings are stuck in the 90's, they need to seriously update the laws. If anything it stifles creativity. But I guess we gotta protect the kids from a bit of skin, meanwhile the original main villain of the game is the literal god of r4pe.

Edited by Shagreth on May 23, 2023 9:21PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edited for profanity]

It is an 18+ game in Europe. And this is the reason.
    Content-specific issues
    In line with the base game and previous expansions, players are able to attack multiple innocent civilian bystanders, as well as vulnerable or defenceless human characters who are unable to fight back or flee.

Secondary issues/information
    This game offers players the opportunity to purchase in-game items, in the form of crown crates, which some parents or carers may want to be aware of. Parents, carers or other responsible adults should check to see what is being offered before making any purchase on behalf of a child. It should be noted that the game can still be played without the need to purchase such items.

They treat violence against defenseless people as a more severe form of violence than American games, I suppose. Different cultures will have different tolerances. But I digress as this is now a bit tangential to the discussion at hand. I just figured it would be somewhat helpful to know that game is rated 18+ in Europe moreso violence than for skimpy outfits.

Anyway, I do think the Timbercrow costume doesn't need the butt cover to still meet it's M rating in the US. I think it would be alright without it. But, I guess ZOS decided at the time they wanted it to be more modest. I think they have since re-thought their strategy in this regard as later outfits just have the skirt a little bigger rather than include the hideous diaper. A good example is the Mercymother outfit. They don't go and change old outfits unfortunately, but they do try to take what they learned and apply them to new outfits. This is the reason for the ancestral motifs, imo.

Edited by spartaxoxo on May 23, 2023 11:23PM