The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to use Corpse Abilities on enemies that die to Disease damage

Erickson9610
Erickson9610
✭✭✭✭✭
Enemies that die to Disease damage (such as from Befouled Weapon or the Diseased status effect) are unable to be affected by abilities which require corpses. The animation for a humanoid dying to this kind of damage is unique, but even non-humanoid enemies are affected by this bug.

ey2tvedrnlmj.png
In the image above, the enemy on the left has died to Disease damage — you'll notice how they don't have the beam of light showing that the Corpse Ability can be used on them.

This has been a long-standing bug, and it affects the following Corpse Abilities:
  • Repentance (Templar)
  • Devour (Werewolf)
  • Bitter Harvest and its morphs (Necromancer)
  • Restoring Tether and its morphs (Necromancer)
  • Shocking Siphon and its morphs (Necromancer)
...and so on.

This bug particularly affects werewolves, as one of their spammables, Infectious Claws, deals Disease damage. Every so often, an enemy will suffer a killing blow with Disease damage from Infectious Claws, and thus you will not be able to feed on them to gain time for your timer. This is frustrating to deal with in regular gameplay, especially when your timer is low and you end up losing form because you were not able to feed.
PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the set Pestilent Host to see if the bug effects it as well?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes you so sure it's a bug? I mean personally I have no idea either way... But the concept of a diseased corpse being no good seems to make sense to me. Maybe you just discovered how it actually works?
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been informed moments after creating this thread that this bug was actually fixed in the PTS Patch Notes v9.0.0:

wnbnmrdponmo.png

Well, that's embarrassing.

I have confirmed myself on the current PTS cycle that this bug has been patched. Thank you ZOS for fixing this bug!
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its been a bug for awhile that if the enemy died to any status effect dmg the corpse would be unusable

glad that its finally getting fixed lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014