Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas and wishes

YAVAY
YAVAY
✭✭
I know developers never read forums and I know I won't be original with my suggestions, but I just can't keep them to myself anymore.

Next come my desires in order of importance to me.

1.Of course, this is a change in set crafting machines.
There are too many sets, these are entire fields full of crafting stations. It looks just crazy, like the world of the future in the matrix. Need to make one universal set of crafting stations. This is the obvious solution. I'm really looking forward to it.
2.I yearn to be able to ride inside huge houses.
Being able to mount looks wild, inside a small inn room, but as I run towards my castle across the moon sugar meadow, I want to shoot myself in the knee with an arrow. In addition, I would very much like to organize a hippodrome for competitions with friends.
3.But! As an alternative solution, and a very excellent one, you can consider custom portals.
This opens up even more possibilities than the ability to ride a horse. You can implement this through paired furnishings, the activation of which will move the character from point A to point B. The presence of portals provides very wide opportunities for creativity in home improvement.
4.Real fighting mobs. Training dolls are a great idea, sometimes they look very impressive, but do not give the experience of a real fight, because they can't hit back. Gaining game experience when defeating household mobs is not necessary, but practicing combat skills in a cozy environment can be interesting. Of course, for me, as a designer, the ability to buy mobs and place them in houses opens up the possibility of creating homemade dungeons and quests. Of course, I would like to increase the limit on mobs, but given the fact that they must be interactive to the right degree (the ability to get directions is required), then most likely the mobs will fall into the category of special collectibles. 10 units for a huge house is not enough.
5.More interactive guests. I have been waiting for a long time to have a bard or musician in the house who will perform songs or music to order (from some kind of set that may be replenished through the crown store?).

The following things are not so very desirable, but in the future I would like to see them.
6.Oblivion pocket plans. More than huge houses. Site with high cost for guild unions, with the possibility of placing small houses (guild halls) inside these sites. Mini cities with a bank, a branch of the guild of fighters, the guild of magicians, the guild of thieves, the dark brotherhood. I see it as a kind of space with allocated zones for buildings, the buildings themselves are bought in addition, depending on the needs of the owner of the Oblivion's plan. It would be possible to make it possible to buy houses in different national styles for the town hall, bank and guild offices. And also rent out separate plots to place guild halls for the guilds of the alliance as ordinary houses (which are already in the game). That is, if we simplify the idea, then it should be a custom settlement in which there are only players' houses. Preferably not tied to the territory of alliances, that is, outside of Nirn. Like Artaeum or Faregrave.
7.Need more schemes for buildings (external and internal). These can be blocks from which you can make larger buildings or finished houses that can be placed on your site. I have a lot of wood, ingots, leather and fabrics in my bag that I don’t use, but I don’t want to sell either, since the price of these materials is quite low, they could be used to create buildings. I know that there are separate building blocks in the game - walls, doors, platforms, stairs, however, given the restrictions on the number of items, it would be a good decision to use blocks in the form of buildings, since one such block occupies one slot. And houser composed of several walls, floors and roofs that is least six items. The benefit is obvious. In addition to this, houses made of such block structures will look more aesthetic than those built from dissimilar elements. In addition, such buildings can be created in a single national style, which increases the authenticity of the appearance.
Life, I love you! Do you want me to kill them all for you? I would do something else, but I can't... © DeathSmall House Rainar
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    Personally something I've wanted for a long time is the ability to select what zone music track plays in the house. There are some great ones not only in overworld zones, but also instances. I could of course just play whatever I like on my headphones, but when building a home I try to set the atmosphere in such a way that it works for visitors too. Music boxes were a step in the right direction, but don't quite hit the mark.

Speaking of music boxes, some bard NPC playing an instrument could be a neat music box. I quite like Cadwell's bad lute playing for example.

Weather control is something else that would nicely complement day-time control, and would do wonders for the ability to set the correct atmosphere for a home.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course devs never read the forums. It’s why there has never been a change to to Cyrodiil concerning proc sets, alliance lock, or changed to attuned crafting sets stations to that homes could be less cluttered by them.

Yep. They never listen.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A change may be coming to the attunable stations - not sure if with the chapter or in Q3. It's supposedly going to enable players to "stuff" all the attunables they have into 4 new stations that will contain the current attunables. Can't remember where I heard about this now, and I don't know if there's going to be a limit on how many - or how much they'll cost.

Took me a while to find something: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7851154#Comment_7851154
    Edited by TaSheen on May 22, 2023 6:00PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • YAVAY
    YAVAY
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I don't know if there's going to be a limit on how many - or how much they'll cost.
    I think it will be like a weapons station. Additional slots for each set will be purchased in the Crown Store, which is more profitable in terms of game monetization.
    Ugrak wrote: »
    Weather control is something else that would nicely complement day-time control, and would do wonders for the ability to set the correct atmosphere for a home.
    This is a great idea! After all, you can sell texture packs for all houses, such as "autumn", "spring", "summer", "winter". Or just add the ability to buy all seasonal versions of houses. More houses - more money =) And work with repainting to a minimum, repaint the grass white, or add a version of the trees without leaves.

Life, I love you! Do you want me to kill them all for you? I would do something else, but I can't... © DeathSmall House Rainar
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    Ugrak wrote: »
    Personally something I've wanted for a long time is the ability to select what zone music track plays in the house. There are some great ones not only in overworld zones, but also instances.

//

Strongly second these, I actually only made a forums account in the first place to come beg for a weather control device :p The music wish is another one I share, the soundscape of a house is a big deal and music boxes only do so much...

And on the topic of music boxes, I'd love to be able to customise their range/amplitude. They're sometimes hard to place so I hear the sound where I want to hear it, it's not too loud, etc.
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    A few Ideas

1 - The option to make your house an open shop, so a player could buy items almost like a guild store. Perhaps the shop could have only specific items, like alchemy potions, herb reagents.

2 - More musical instrument furnishings

3 - The option to upload custom images to be used as furnishings, for example paintings from a public domain art website. I'm talking about art that is no longer copyrighted material. We could drag and drop jpgs and the game would convert them and then you could select them somehow in game.

4 - Large platforms that can be scaled to fit, so we dont use 50 furnishing to make a floor etc etc

5 - More switches, that can be used to turn lights on and off

6 - Interactable beds
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, being able to ride large properties like Moon Sugar Meadow would be perfect!

When it comes to housing, there are still things that are just completely missing - like gables! There are meanwhile so many different walls, but only a single roof element for pitched roofs and not a single gable. Again and again you have to improvise or build flat roofs...
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 for riding in the huge houses

I'd like more smaller homes in DLC zones. The only home you can get in Blackreach is the vampire one. I'd love one of the wooden houses in Dusktown, or a nice glowy mushroom cave off to the side in Mistgloom Thicket. An apartment in Clockwork City, not the mansion. A small rocky cliff enclosed grotto in The Reach smaller than Moon sugar Meadow where I can plop down a Reach tent and make a Reachman themed encampment. They don't even have to create new assets for these things. Just use what they already have, make it the size of a medium or large home (not a humongous notable home), price it like a medium or large home, and plop it in the Crown store.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • YAVAY
    YAVAY
    ✭✭
    A few Ideas
    1 - The option to make your house an open shop, so a player could buy items almost like a guild store. Perhaps the shop could have only specific items, like alchemy potions, herb reagents.
    I like this idea! But as long as there are guild merchants, it is doomed to failure. If only someday a new type of helper will be created. After all, there is a banker, a merchant to whom you can sell various garbage, a buyer of stolen goods, a junk dealer, an assistant in armaments. Someday they might do it.
    3 - The option to upload custom images to be used as furnishings, for example paintings from a public domain art website. I'm talking about art that is no longer copyrighted material. We could drag and drop jpgs and the game would convert them and then you could select them somehow in game.
    never
    If everyone starts uploading their images, then who will check them for compliance with copyright law and content acceptability? We will need moderators who will have to pay salaries. In addition, all these downloaded files need to be stored somewhere, and hard drive space is not rubber, it also costs money. What else can be say if even here, on the forum, you cannot upload your avatar?
    4 - Large platforms that can be scaled to fit, so we dont use 50 furnishing to make a floor etc etc
    Scaling is what we need in the first place. All my other ideas and wishes can be postponed for later, scaling is needed right now. I like it.

Edited by YAVAY on June 25, 2023 8:08AM
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companion can't do any of housing acting (drinking, crafting, play lute, or just sleeping).
    Looks very unnatural. So I want acting option menu at the NPC path editor.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give us multiple portal housing object for the "non primary house".

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want crops farming field like the Fallout4.

2023/12/21
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'd love the ability to do is buy multiple of the same pet/service, because they can be used as furnishings.

I'd love to replicate an old tower I made in Skyrim as a player house, with a ring of flame atro guardians around the main chamber. Now that the new banker/merchant atros are coming to the crown store, I'm simultaneously one step closer, yet one step that much farther away from being able to do it.

As long as it were abundantly clear you were buying a replicate (in order to not sting people unintentionally), I can't see why this couldn't be an option.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on June 30, 2023 3:50AM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAVAY wrote: »

6.Oblivion pocket plans. More than huge houses. Site with high cost for guild unions, with the possibility of placing small houses (guild halls) inside these sites. Mini cities with a bank, a branch of the guild of fighters, the guild of magicians, the guild of thieves, the dark brotherhood. I see it as a kind of space with allocated zones for buildings, the buildings themselves are bought in addition, depending on the needs of the owner of the Oblivion's plan. It would be possible to make it possible to buy houses in different national styles for the town hall, bank and guild offices. And also rent out separate plots to place guild halls for the guilds of the alliance as ordinary houses (which are already in the game). That is, if we simplify the idea, then it should be a custom settlement in which there are only players' houses. Preferably not tied to the territory of alliances, that is, outside of Nirn. Like Artaeum or Faregrave.

I love this idea. I think that Oblivion would be a really cool solution, but ALSO think that given the vast number of cities in canon Tamriel, some could surely be implemented for a sort of city-building kind of gameplay that could also serve as guildhouses. Just my 2 septims.