The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Next, a weather control device?

MotherOfMoss
MotherOfMoss
✭✭✭
My Maormer palace in Port Hunding would be truly complete if I could make it rain. The Alkosh hourglass was great, perhaps we will see a weather control device as a future event reward item? I don't know if the weather system and time of day behave at all similarly in the code department, but I can certainly think of a million uses for a weather device.
PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great but not sure if it is possible. Some homes never rain and others rain all the time on and off for example. Not sure if it can be changed after the home is already created.
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    I think the bigger problem may be that weather appears to be client-side while time is the same for everyone in the server. So maybe it'd take some bigger programming magic to implement per-house weather. Not really something I know a whole lot about, but one can dream :D

I'm a big fan of transforming houses into something else entirely, and Port Hunding seemed like the best Maormer option out of the basegame houses. Alas, once I'd junglefied and swampified it to the best of my abilities, and was very pleased with the wave and seagull sounds, I realised it never rains there :(
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also love to see a weather device, but I expect there would be greater limitations compared to the Time device since all zones don't have all weather.