The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Change alliance red potions to Tri-pots

ebix_
ebix_
✭✭✭✭
Pretty please! Tri pot prices are getting out of control... Alliance red pots are useless anyway no one gonna miss them.

Edited by ebix_ on May 19, 2023 4:37PM
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why eliminate an option when it's possible to keep health pots with the immovable and just add a fourth potion type for sale from Cyro arms merchants instead?
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    why eliminate an option when it's possible to keep health pots with the immovable and just add a fourth potion type for sale from Cyro arms merchants instead?

there are many options. they can make alternatives to columbine which was talked about before. but my question is why should there be a health+ immovable when there is health+stam/mag + immovable and why would any one waste ap on that instead of spell draught.
    I dont care if they keep it or not, the point is when they add an alternative way to get tri pots the price will drop.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This idea would benefit me greatly... But still I'm skeptical. Tripots are very valuable (to me at least,) so as much as I'd like an easier way to get some maybe it wouldn't be best.

I will say though that whenever they turned the red alliance pots into health+immovable+invis it was pretty silly. If you want to go invisible make your own dang potion! More invisible people is the last thing we need.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have thousands of tri-pots from daily login rewards. What happened to yours?
  • seventh_daydreamer
    seventh_daydreamer
    Soul Shriven
    YES PLEASE ! tri pots are all I use on all my characters in pvp, it would be awesome to be self-sustainable. plus it would make sense for pve boys too, as stam DDs use alliance green pots, mag DDs use the blue ones, and tanks just use tri stat potions. most people who use immov potions use a version that either gives crit or also gives stam or mag, so the red pots are almost completely unused.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of changing why not add a new one for tri stat potions?
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    That would just devalue the skill line for no reason and basically decimate the price of tristats due to how easy it is to acquire AP.

Simply doing the alchemy writ every day and getting the surveys will yield you from 6 to 36 columbine. That's anywhere from 24 to even 144 potions from a single survey depending on how many of the 6 nodes are columbine.

Not to mention you could simply dump some of that 10+ million AP at the golden vendor or militant ordinator motifs and be set for months of playtime when it comes to tristats.
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 24, 2023 2:35PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    That would just devalue the skill line for no reason and basically decimate the price of tristats due to how easy it is to acquire AP.

Simply doing the alchemy writ every day and getting the surveys will yield you from 6 to 36 columbine. That's anywhere from 24 to even 144 potions from a single survey depending on how many of the 6 nodes are columbine.

Not to mention you could simply dump some of that 10+ million AP at the golden vendor or militant ordinator motifs and be set for months of playtime when it comes to tristats.

To be fair... Some of us can only play for an hour or two a day. We don't do writs, much less do them religiously on multiple characters, nor do we necessarily have 10m AP.

I think it's kinda too bad that in order to keep yourself well-stacked for competitive play you need to spend large amounts of time doing non-competitive things.

On one hand it's totally understandable that in an MMO you're rewarded for doing multiple facets of the game. But on the other hand it's kinda weird that standing in town turning in crafting quests over and over again is SUCH a more lucrative usage of time than say PvPing or PvEing.

Like I guess I should use Monday as scavenger day so that Tuesday I can be competitive?

Don't get me wrong I do use AP to buy stuff from the golden vendor and try to sell it. And yes I buy tripots with that money.

But I think some people who've been playing for 6+ years doing master writs on 4 characters REALLY don't understand the plight of players like me who only have like 20k gold. Or how inflated prices have become because these people with 20m gold are like "but columbine are so easy to get! Just spend 2 hours a day picking flowers! Or spend 1 hour a day farming tel var. Or spend 45 minutes a day doing writs. The options are endless!" The options are not endless. What they are is boring, time consuming, and a very "homeworky" way to play a video game when many of us don't have an exorbitant amount of free time in a day.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I have thousands of tri-pots from daily login rewards. What happened to yours?

I can easily burn through over 100 tripots, and also a decent number of immovability, detect, and sometimes even heroism pots in a night of PVP.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »

So what if it would decimate the price of tri-stats? Highly sought after mats on PCNA have skyrocketed in price the last year with market manipulation. The uber rich buy up all the mats and relist at a higher price. ZOS needs to implement a good gold sink or a way to keep mat prices stable. It's getting absolutely ridiculous how expensive it is to play PvP nowadays, especially if you play many toons and many builds.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for giving us another source of tripots.

Most of my friends (who coincidentally are DPS mains) have stacks of daily reward pots. But then I (and others who main tanks) are constantly out of them.

DPS mains in PvE have moved to using the Alliance stam/mag pots instead of crafted ones because they're comparable to what can be crafted. It was also really appreciated because Corn Flower was getting high. Note that it didn't affect the price of Corn Flower too much, at least on PCNA. Now Columbine is almost 3x the price that Corn Flowers were...

Yes, the crafted ones are technically better than the crown ones we get from daily rewards (the Fortitude is a bit longer), but it's pretty well just as good.

But seriously, even aside from PvP, tanking in this game is so expensive (and kinda unrewarding) and 90% of that comes down to Columbine for tripots and sugar skulls.