The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Alliance Rank Problem

• bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trifectas can take a year too, depending on group, time ran, etc. Because a good group spends a ton of time gelling and clearing other stuff together (HMs, etc). So I believe the effort is palpable.

And trust me when I say, I get you want another way to earn this stuff, but its just not gonna happen. I buy houses a lot too, and if one day the houses I purchased dropped from 20k crowns to 200, id be pissed lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    war tortes don't get you AP quicker, they just earn your skill ranks faster right? I was under the impression it doesn't help overall AP. IE, if i get 6k from a keep, when i have my tort on, i get 6k for a keep. The progress for my skill lines are buffed, but not the alliance ones. So after you max these lines at 10, they do no good.

I really hope I'm wrong because i thought the other way around initially and i have 500 tortes just chilling lol.

They work for both skill line and alliance ranks.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the total you get remains the same, but the impact it has on your rank increases? hmmm........Looks like Tortes are back on the menu boys!
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the total you get remains the same, but the impact it has on your rank increases? hmmm........Looks like Tortes are back on the menu boys!

Yes. If You get 10k AP than Your alliance rank will be increased by 15k AP with 50% torte.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    war tortes have been a godsend trying to push the last 5 alliance ranks lol

went from about 45.5 to 48.9 (438k from rank 49) during the whitestrake event doing 400k+ ap per day
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, another one of this threads saying "Change the game the way that I gonna get my rewards without having to do what the game asks me to do for it. It doesn't interest me, if this has been the way to do it for years and it doesn't interest me if others are willing to invest the effort to get what I want. Just change the game to my personal taste, cause I deserve to play how I want and getting all I wanna have doing so."

There seem to be a lot of them around at the moment :smile:
    Edited by Braffin on May 24, 2023 7:39PM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    You simply need to do the work. It's what makes it an achievment.

Lowering the bar that so many have already reached would be a huge injustice.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I said like 4 times now that I am willing to put in the effort to get get, just not Cyrodiil and I have laid out the reasons why.

Well, there's always Imperial City and Battlegrounds.

If you want to try a rather pacifistic route in Cyrodiil, may I suggest that you try repairing walls?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/541183/worlds-first-grand-overlord-under-level-50/p1
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is you don't have to reach Grand Overlord to get Legate Black. You only need to reach Legate :)
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey this was a 4 month old dead topic. Please don't dig it up just to make petty observations. I hereby request that this simply gets locked @ZOS_Kevin
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.