The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Alliance Rank Problem

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
Hey I get that PvPers have to have something to work towards but does getting to alliance rank 50 really have to take 64,680,000 AP? It makes it exclusive to people who only do PvP. What if I just want legate black or an Elder Scroll decoration? I got into this game for housing and cosmetics and it seems unfair that I should have to spend hours a day every day for a year to get a couple of things I want when PvE is just as hard in another direction and I have to do that too. Maybe it can be made universal? I mean like all your toons work towards a shared alliance rank? I dunno, does someone else have a solution to this that I am not thinking of?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 31, 2023 11:52AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it literally is a PVP achievement. The expectation is you get the rewards for... Pvping.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I mean, it literally is a PVP achievement. The expectation is you get the rewards for... Pvping.

Right and I don't have a problem with that. I'm not saying you shouldn't have to PvP to get it. I just think it's way too much dedication to PvP for way too few rewards. Specifically to cyrodiil which PvPers seem to not be able to decide what they want on anyway (have non-PvPers in there or not). It would resolve issues if I could get alliance rank 50 pay, say, doing daily PvP on a character for a year, as opposed to spending every waking moment i can in Cyrodiil as a non-PvPer. But that's just one solution. That's why I asked for more ideas.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, am I at the end of a tunnel where what I say is "I don't think I should have to do cyrodiil for a year to get max alliance rank, but am willing to earn it in other ways" and what comes out of the other end is "I don't want to PvP to get PvP rewards"?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, am I at the end of a tunnel where what I say is "I don't think I should have to do cyrodiil for a year to get max alliance rank, but am willing to earn it in other ways" and what comes out of the other end is "I don't want to PvP to get PvP rewards"?

Quoting you for reference:
    "It makes it exclusive to people who only do PvP."

Which, to me, implies that you would like to devalue the achievements meant for pvpers so that you can get the rewards without the effort.

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭

Quoting you for reference:
    "It makes it exclusive to people who only do PvP."

Which, to me, implies that you would like to devalue the achievements meant for pvpers so that you can get the rewards without the effort.

My guy you are hyper focusing on one part of what I said and ignoring the context. I explained what I meant.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was fun to climb up the ranks. I basically just PvP on one char and reached Grand Overlord years ago. I don't care about the achievements and housing stuff unlocked, but the (small) feeling of progression that comes with ranking up adds to what makes games fun.

64m sounds a lot, definitively too much for a PvE only player who just wants some housing items. But it's not that much for PvP players, especially since the increased AP from taking objectives. Hell, back in the day you would get 100 AP for flipping a keep, today it's 6000AP. Once Grand Overlord is reached, there is not much else to pursue in PvP regarding char development.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're here for cosmetic progression it's mandatory to participate in every piece of content from trifectas to PvP, not sure it needs any adjustments for people who not really enjoying such progressions but want the end flavour reward. PvP rank is still one and only actually trackable progression bar, it's satisfying even after years and years here not just because it's existence but because it takes some effort, unlike most eso content. Making the road shorter won't devaluate anyone's experience but would absolutely make new ones worse in comparison for the sake of pleasing not even the target audience.

The only viable way for them is to make some alternative furnishings as you already have alternative colour palette for golds, whites and blacks you're getting ranking up. A laying e-scroll without any SFX could be easily implemented via some alliance related quest line in the future zone.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the thing, do the content.

I didn't want to have to grind the dungeon 75 times to get the set down to 25 transmutes. If you want the couch, you should have to fight the players for it.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want the thing, do the content.

I didn't want to have to grind the dungeon 75 times to get the set down to 25 transmutes. If you want the couch, you should have to fight the players for it.

So if you want a full set of something just go grab a friend and 2 companions and loot every chest with the chest perk active. The most it will take you is around 30 tries if you are trading with your friend. Doable within a single day. I should know, I did it with graven deep.

The kind of thing I am talking about requires a year of really grueling content to do in a toxic environment, doing it every day and is less rewarding. It's not even comparable, which is my problem. If it was something that was a hassle that I could knock out in a 24 hour period I would just go do it. I am not asking it to even be that easy.

I just want alternative ways that it can be done other than Cyrodiil. I brought up BGs. Maybe if you do BGs it gives you the same amount of AP as it always does but doing the daily gives you a whole lot more alliance rank. That way you still have to earn it via PvP, but it's not a truly unreachable task for those not purely dedicated to PvP. You can have a PvP character and more casually grind it out over the same amount of time but not want to end it all after 1 rank past 20. Also it would make BGs pop a whole lot more often and get rid of the people you don't want from Cyrodiil. It's a win-win.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

way too few rewards.

Welcome to the life of a PvPer

Edited by The_Lex on May 17, 2023 6:40PM
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

way too few rewards.

Another one. Please read the ENTIRE CONTEXT of my message before you pick out something to fight over. These are teh PvP forums not the PvP forums.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Ranks are easy to get as it is now and it doesn't need to be watered-down any further.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well lobby for an easier way to become emperor. Sometimes being not easily accessible is the point.

And yes, I read your whole post. Qualifying that you're willing to do some PvP but not commit to grand overlord doesn't negate everyone else's sentiment.

If you want legate black or an elder scroll, get it the same way the rest of the grand overlords have. They're trophies, not commodities.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Right and I don't have a problem with that. I'm not saying you shouldn't have to PvP to get it. I just think it's way too much dedication to PvP for way too few rewards. Specifically to cyrodiil which PvPers seem to not be able to decide what they want on anyway (have non-PvPers in there or not). It would resolve issues if I could get alliance rank 50 pay, say, doing daily PvP on a character for a year, as opposed to spending every waking moment i can in Cyrodiil as a non-PvPer. But that's just one solution. That's why I asked for more ideas.

You don't have to play Cyrodiil. I ranked to 50 in Battlegrounds with Colovian War Tortes. Play a few BGs every day and you'll get it. It's much faster during the Mayhem PvP event. You can get Legate Black in 4-6 months casually.

Also, if you want a Black dye fast then go for Void Pitch from Vateshran Hollows. Shouldn't take more than a week to get with an Oakensoul Heavy Attack build. You could do it in a single day if you start in the morning.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on May 17, 2023 7:55PM
    PC NA
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the problem from the thread title already mentioned? Because I don't see any.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright in that case I advocate that basic sets should be cut off from PvPers and should require a year to get each. What? If you want the rewards do the content. Just ruin the game for everyone else for your own enjoyment and in the process ruin PvP to the point where no one wants to do it anymore. Just have BGs always be empty and cyrodiil be a wasteland.In fact, just get rid of PvP alltogether.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

(For the record, their are PvE achievements that take hours of practice daily for a year to achieve)

The bottom line is the grind absolutely sucks to get those rewards, but too many have gone before you now to change it. To devalue their accomplishments would be unfair to them, regardless of your motivations.

Your just going to have to suck it up buttercup and start grinding. I'm not there either but I have 2 with over 30 ranks lol. I'd love to combine them, but that's not how its done.

Good luck have fun and don't be afraid to die.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's supposed to take a lot of time - it's the highest rank in PvP.

You're also grossly overexaggerating the amount of time it takes. You can earn an insane amount of AP with the right group at the right time. Group up and capture keeps, repair everything you see, get good at bombing, or run around near a friendly ballgroup tagging all their victims. With MYM going on, you could knock out a significant portion of that grind in just a week's time.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on May 17, 2023 8:11PM
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

(For the record, their are PvE achievements that take hours of practice daily for a year to achieve)

The bottom line is the grind absolutely sucks to get those rewards, but too many have gone before you now to change it. To devalue their accomplishments would be unfair to them, regardless of your motivations.

Your just going to have to suck it up buttercup and start grinding. I'm not there either but I have 2 with over 30 ranks lol. I'd love to combine them, but that's not how its done.

I'm not being hostile I am doing what PvPers advocate. I am using PvPer arguments. "No one" does PvP anyway right? So get rid of it. Transfer the awards to PvE. If I am being hostile than everyone here is being hostile to me. PvE achievements do not take a year. Maybe trifectsas take a couple of months but not many people do trifectsas. Also the idea that you are somehow "devaluing" the achievements of others who would be doing it anyway and getting it free by doing the content they love is ludicrous. PvPers will clearly PvP no matter what the rewards are. Even still If they made housing cheaper they wouldn't be "devaluing" my progress in housing. They would be making it easier to do the stuff I love. It's the opposite. What you are saying is fundamentally false.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see PvPers all the time saying that they can do PvE content because it's so easy. That PvEers have no skill and wouldn't make it in "The Big Leagues" of PvP where the game is actually challenging. That cannot be the case and still take a year to do PvE achievements.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

way too few rewards.

Another one. Please read the ENTIRE CONTEXT of my message before you pick out something to fight over. These are teh PvP forums not the PvP forums.

It was a joke. A truthful joke, but a joke nonetheless. Chill.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

I'm not being hostile I am doing what PvPers advocate. I am using PvPer arguments. "No one" does PvP anyway right? So get rid of it. Transfer the awards to PvE. If I am being hostile than everyone here is being hostile to me. PvE achievements do not take a year. Maybe trifectsas take a couple of months but not many people do trifectsas. Also the idea that you are somehow "devaluing" the achievements of others who would be doing it anyway and getting it free by doing the content they love is ludicrous. PvPers will clearly PvP no matter what the rewards are. Even still If they made housing cheaper they wouldn't be "devaluing" my progress in housing. They would be making it easier to do the stuff I love. It's the opposite. What you are saying is fundamentally false.

But you are basically proposing to undermine a path to get a specific PVP reward because you want it but you don't want to put in the actual effort to earn it.

It's the equivilant of me proposing that the moment I do a Vet dungeon the first time, all of hte achievements for the dungeon, and the associated rewards, are given to me. I did the dungeon, why should I have to do it X number of times more to get all the gear and cool achievement rewards, sometimes they include dyes and mounts. Dyes and mounts I'd like to showcase in PVP. So, why should I need to do it more than once.

That is essentially what you are asking here. To devalue the rewards for PVP. Rewards that are few and far between as it is. You know what is great about those rewards as is, they actually feel like an accomplishment and not just a hand out for showing up.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want Master Angler but I pvp and its really hard to devote time to fishing when I want to do other stuff. Taking my anger out on the fisherfolk and making them mad will make me feel better. I'll kill all the fish in all the water, then nobody can have Master Angler anymore. So there.

lol
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is too, I've actually said in the forums, even recently, that it was unfortunate that AWA didn't combine alliance rank earnings account wide. And, ZOS has introduced various things, from war tortes, to Mara's whisper, that reduce the AP needed to reach these ranks (to close to only needing 40M AP to do so).

So it isn't even the suggestion of doing more in this regard to progressing the rank that I take issue with here. It is the approach. The approach is fully from a I don't want to spend time PVPing to earn this direction, and for PVP explicit rewards, it is just a slap in the face to a part of the community who gets so little else in terms of rewards.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want Master Angler but I pvp and its really hard to devote time to fishing when I want to do other stuff. Taking my anger out on the fisherfolk and making them mad will make me feel better. I'll kill all the fish in all the water, then nobody can have Master Angler anymore. So there.

lol

If you think that I was actually advocating for the removal of PvP you have proved my point about not reading my comments.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright in that case I advocate that basic sets should be cut off from PvPers and should require a year to get each. What? If you want the rewards do the content. Just ruin the game for everyone else for your own enjoyment and in the process ruin PvP to the point where no one wants to do it anymore. Just have BGs always be empty and cyrodiil be a wasteland.In fact, just get rid of PvP alltogether.

You should see the Godslayer mounts and other vet trial cosmetics in use at Cyrodiil. PVP'ers are capable of doing any of the content that they choose to do. The player base is composed of individuals who choose to do content or not.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

But you are basically proposing to undermine a path to get a specific PVP reward because you want it but you don't want to put in the actual effort to earn it.

It's the equivilant of me proposing that the moment I do a Vet dungeon the first time, all of hte achievements for the dungeon, and the associated rewards, are given to me. I did the dungeon, why should I have to do it X number of times more to get all the gear and cool achievement rewards, sometimes they include dyes and mounts. Dyes and mounts I'd like to showcase in PVP. So, why should I need to do it more than once.

That is essentially what you are asking here. To devalue the rewards for PVP. Rewards that are few and far between as it is. You know what is great about those rewards as is, they actually feel like an accomplishment and not just a hand out for showing up.

I said like 4 times now that I am willing to put in the effort to get get, just not Cyrodiil and I have laid out the reasons why.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

I said like 4 times now that I am willing to put in the effort to get get, just not Cyrodiil and I have laid out the reasons why.

If you are willing to put in the effort, the do it. Earn the 64M AP needed to get the achievement. If not in Cyrodil, then in BGs.

No one here is stopping you from doing so. And, as I mentioned, you can do it for around 40M AP with a 50% war torte.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Hostile.

Do it than. Put in the effort.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    war tortes don't get you AP quicker, they just earn your skill ranks faster right? I was under the impression it doesn't help overall AP. IE, if i get 6k from a keep, when i have my tort on, i get 6k for a keep. The progress for my skill lines are buffed, but not the alliance ones. So after you max these lines at 10, they do no good.

I really hope I'm wrong because i thought the other way around initially and i have 500 tortes just chilling lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
This discussion has been closed.