The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has anyone tested psychic lesion with poisons?

EramTheLiar
EramTheLiar
✭✭✭✭
Arcanist passive Psychic Lesion gives you a 15% boost in status effect damage and a 75% boost in chance to proc the status effect. A lot of the focus has been on elemental status effects, obviously, but has anyone tried it with poisons? I have tried a little but I'm not sure how to test effectively.

The tooltips don't *specify* "elemental status effects only" and while I wouldn't expect the "75% boost in chance to proc" to modify the flat 20% you get from using poisoned with a weapon, a 15% boost in the poison damage seems like it could be fun.
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Status effects refer to the effects that trigger from damage types. Crafted and equipped poisons are a separate thing entirely. I would be baffled if the psychic lesion passive affected poisons....
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean when you search for "eso poison status effect" you get all these eso wikis that basically say the same thing:
    When you apply poisoned status effect on an enemy, they take poison damage over time based on your Max Stamina and Weapon damage.

And here's from ESO Hub:
    The Poisoned Status Effect: Deals Poison Damage over 6 seconds. Poisoned can be applied by skills that deal poison damage, weapon enchants, poisons and sets.
    Edited by EramTheLiar on May 16, 2023 5:39PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean when you search for "eso poison status effect" you get all these eso wikis that basically say the same thing:
    When you apply poisoned status effect on an enemy, they take poison damage over time based on your Max Stamina and Weapon damage.

And here's from ESO Hub:
    The Poisoned Status Effect: Deals Poison Damage over 6 seconds. Poisoned can be applied by skills that deal poison damage, weapon enchants, poisons and sets.

poisoned the status effect and effects from crafted poisons are entirely different

based on your OP im assuming your talking about crafted poisons, not the status effect poisoned
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I always assumed that when you triggered the crafted poison it also triggered the poisoned status effect, same as how you can trigger burning from a fire enchant on top of the built-in flame damage. But now that you point it out I guess I haven't ever seen that confirmed anywhere.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the poisoned status effect triggers from dmg type of poison

crafted poisons i dont know if they have typed dmg, or if they can trigger status effects at all
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

crafted poisons i dont know if they have typed dmg, or if they can trigger status effects at all

Crafted poisons can proc the poisoned effect with about a 3% chance per tick, same as any single target poison damage over time ability.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, the base chance of applying status effects are as follows:

Glyphs: 20% chance
    Single Target Direct Damage: 10% chance
    AOE Direct Damage: 5% chance
    Single Target Damage Over Time: 3% chance
    AOE Damage Over Time: 1% chance

Arcanist increases these base chances by 1.75, so Glyphs will have a 35% chance of applying their associated status effect and so on.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafted poisons can proc the poisoned effect with about a 3% chance per tick, same as any single target poison damage over time ability.

good to know, i generally dont use poisons because i dont find them as sustainable as enchantments (it takes 1 soul gem to refill the enchantment, not having 1000s of poison consumables that use expensive ingredients to craft)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good to know, i generally dont use poisons because i dont find them as sustainable as enchantments (it takes 1 soul gem to refill the enchantment, not having 1000s of poison consumables that use expensive ingredients to craft)

Unless you're running a specific poison for a specific reason I wouldn't suggest running poisons outside of PvE. Glyphs are a guaranteed fire every 4 seconds and have the highest chance to proc status effects in the game.
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that's 3% per tick but only if you trigger the poison effect, so it's a 3% chance 20% of the time.

...I think I figured out why this hasn't been extensively tested. :⁠-⁠D
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you're running a specific poison for a specific reason I wouldn't suggest running poisons outside of PvE. Glyphs are a guaranteed fire every 4 seconds and have the highest chance to proc status effects in the game.

i think the only poison i have ever used was the crown poisons we get from daily logins because i have thousands of them, and i use those to clear endeavors that are the "trigger poisons X amount of times" lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can craft some amazing poisons with the right materials, and being able to have snare resistance AND health regen AND stamina or magicka regen during combat is nothing to sneeze at. They proc more than you'd think they would.

That said, for the purpose of my original question... they're probably not as useful as elemental runes.
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can craft some amazing poisons with the right materials, and being able to have snare resistance AND health regen AND stamina or magicka regen during combat is nothing to sneeze at. They proc more than you'd think they would.

That said, for the purpose of my original question... they're probably not as useful as elemental runes.

Oh yeah, the right poison with the right build is excellent, but for a simple damage or debuff effect definitely go glyph.