The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Access to Necrom

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
From patch notes:
Please note during this week, access to the Necrom Chapter will be restricted to those who pre-purchased the Chapter to test proper access levels ahead of it launching on June 5.

Before this, I created an arcanist, checked the skills and took her to Necrom to find out about the new world event. Haven't found out yet other than picking up a quest.
After this, she is still there, in Necrom. I have not pre-purchased.
Just took another character to Necrom. No problem. Guess access is not working as expected yet.
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do your non-template characters (lvl 1) also have access to the Necrom content?
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Do your non-template characters (lvl 1) also have access to the Necrom content?

My existing characters on the EU have access to Necrom. They are not template characters, but pre-existing, so should not have access.

I cannot create a new arcanist, so I guess that's working as expected, but my level 1 necromancer that I just made spawned in the Telvanni Peninsula.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can access necrom using a template but can't make an arcanist.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    After creating a max-level template character on my alt account that hasn't purchased Necrom, all my characters can access the zone, but I can't create an Arcanist character. It says to purchase the class in the crown store, but that option isn't available in the crown store.

Not that I care personally, but it does limit the ability to do any further testing on the Arcanist class for people who haven't purchased Necrom, which is unfortunate, and seems rather unnecessary. It could have just been put in the Crown Store - clearly the PTS Crown Store isn't the same as the live Crown Store. (It'll probably be in the Crown Store a year from now on live.)
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    After creating a max-level template character on my alt account that hasn't purchased Necrom, all my characters can access the zone, but I can't create an Arcanist character. It says to purchase the class in the crown store, but that option isn't available in the crown store.

Not that I care personally, but it does limit the ability to do any further testing on the Arcanist class for people who haven't purchased Necrom, which is unfortunate, and seems rather unnecessary. It could have just been put in the Crown Store - clearly the PTS Crown Store isn't the same as the live Crown Store. (It'll probably be in the Crown Store a year from now on live.)

I created a new class during the test period when they released patches for the ptc. I bought Necrom only after I played a week on the ptc.