Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Would it be possible to get more/updated structural furnishings in the Alinor style?

vinnyml
vinnyml
✭✭✭
I've always wondered, are the furnishings we use in player homes just versions of the code that's used for the game world? And if that (or something close) is the case, would it be possible for them to release better structural furnishings for the earlier chapters? I mean like walls, walkways and floors that are similar to ones we have from Elsweyr onwards? The Alinor walls are super hard to work with and also sometimes they're fences. Also, how cool would it be to have Clockwork or Wrothgar structural furnishings? Or think of all the variable themes from Morrowind. Like house-specific walls, floors, etc. Everyone who ever quit ESO would probably come back immediately the moment they hear that "Grand Telvanni Walkway, Organic" is a thing.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    perhaps as luxury furniture, but i doubt they'd make new craftable Alinor furnishings. if zos makes another Altmer dlc there could be a newer version of it perhaps? as Necrom and Markarth had newer Telvanni and Dwarven furniture
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • princesspurpleblob
    princesspurpleblob
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope there will be more Alinor structural furnishing yes - especially window and roof.
    The Gorinir Estate - Summerset Cottage | Hall of Colossus - Alinor in Elsweyr | Alinor Crest Townhouse - Alinor Noble Estate | Mathiisen Manor - Mathiisen Wedding Hall | Cyrodillic Jungle House - Khajiiti Jungle Home | Lion's Cradle - Lazy Cat Landing | Sleek Creek House - Khajiiti Paradise | Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery - The Starry Sky Inn | Autumn's Gate - Sweet Autumn Home | Exorcised Coven Cottage - Forest Cottage
  • vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good point about Necrom furnishings. That is definitely something to look forward to.

• vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope there will be more Alinor structural furnishing yes - especially window and roof.

Totally agree. Windows and roofs were exactly what got me thinking about new Alinor furnishings.
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    And Alinor wooden floors! Alinor is one of my very fave aesthetics and I own allll the Summerset houses.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 5 short of that goal.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! Consider some event involving Summerset, and add some new plans in the rewards!

Windows, doors, wooden floors (and the interior marble), interior stairs and walls please!
    Also roof tiles are much needed!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A door that opens and closes, to fit the interior doorways in existing Alinor-style homes.

Altmer seem to be the type to keep things behind closed doors, but they haven't been given any doors to close!
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on May 14, 2023 10:16AM
    PC EU
  • vinnyml
    vinnyml
    ✭✭✭
    And Alinor wooden floors! Alinor is one of my very fave aesthetics and I own allll the Summerset houses.

I agree we need this. But in the meantime, you could try flipping Solitude Platform, Ornate Tile over. Maybe you already knew that, but just in case.
    Edited by vinnyml on May 17, 2023 12:52PM
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    Alinor windows, doors, floors, etc are gorgeous.

PLEASE give us more Alinor building/structure items.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vinnyml wrote: »
    I've always wondered, are the furnishings we use in player homes just versions of the code that's used for the game world?

The furnishing people did a Q&A sort of thing, I think last year where they talked briefly about this. The furnishings take some work, they need to be checked and worked. For example, if the back of some furnishing is going to be placed in the world such that you wont see part of it, that part wont be rendered- saves space.

I agree with you though. More structural furnishings would be amazing. I'd still love to see some of the Coldharbour-style ziggurats and wrought-iron structures. Wrothgar, Great House, Alinor stuff would all also be great to see. Even of those styles already covered I'd love to see more.

We have BIG imaginations, us housing folk.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want Redguard style windows so I can put some on the outside of Thieves Oasis so it matches the inside, lol.

EDIT: whoops, I guess it has windows on the outside so I want some to put inside
    Edited by katanagirl1 on May 15, 2023 5:05AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA