The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the class of your main pvp character and are they a vampire?

chessalavakia_ESO
chessalavakia_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭

What is the class of your main pvp character and are they a vampire? 108 votes

Dragonknight Vampire
4%
Ramzdonb16_ESOVevvevWILC0Pink_E_808WoppaBoem 5 votes
Dragonknight Non-Vampire
11%
Sluggyseanaseb17_ESOSmokedpyrotechvadalloThe UninvitedOberon45Sleep724Elrond87IZZEFlameLashTheignsonOBJnoobIriidius 12 votes
Nightblade Vampire
14%
KayshaLauranaeThunderclapkollege14a5Its_JEHJierdanitEl_BorrachotsaescishoeshinerFangOfTheTwoMoonsbaselesschartblktaunaAmerisesTechMaybeHicDrNukensteinpedrogonzalezFoJul 16 votes
Nightblade Non-Vampire
6%
RaddlemanNumber7fred4emilyhyoyeonArgonianAustinSmellyUnlimitedtokeinskybluTwig_Garlicshine 7 votes
Sorcerer Vampire
9%
Credible_JoeRavensnutMicah_BayerGrim_SlaughterfishkatorgaOne_Bad_BosmermonkiieTurtle_BotloosejEyr0n 10 votes
Sorcerer Non-Vampire
9%
LarsSAektannAdernathRoxyPhoenixTheTruestKingNelothAraneae6537TaggundSkaraMinocNotoriousBTK 10 votes
Templar Vampire
11%
Rhaegar75VetixioStarlight_KnightN3CR01a_u_s_t_yLady_LightWilku1909Cast_ElgariondaveyNeuroticPixelsZDunlainVinnyGambini 12 votes
Templar Non-Vampire
12%
SolarikenpechecklerFaulgormmtaniacAnti_VirusWest93KlauthWarthogUdrathhuskandhungerKiltMasterboi_anachronism_wilykcatalaric72 13 votes
Warden Vampire
7%
Tryxusgummy292ItsNotLivingYandereGirlfriendGetAgrippaJanniNamaccnotReclaimer 8 votes
Warden Non-Vampire
13%
freespiritSorakaKartalinsunshineflameAzOutbackWildRaptorXAshrynfuentez1138JoariktaugrimMesiteSoaroraLunaFloraSoraJPSandandStars 15 votes
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the poll ran out of options at 10, could you post if you are a Necromancer Vampire/ Necromancer Non-Vampire?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden Non-Vampire
    warden and hardly ever go to pvp zones with my vampire build
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    I don't have a main anymore, but yes. Yes they are vamp
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden Vampire
    I've gone back and forth with her as a vampire a few times. When she was a vampire in the past it was mostly to get access to some of skills like blood-for-blood (back before hybridization made it pointless). Normally I like to have lots of sustain but about a week ago I decided to go all in on the meta. So I went Full damage setup, all points into health. Stage 3 vampire. And I have to say that the survivability means I actually end up using less resources to stay alive in many cases which actually helps sustain. But it also limits my damage window to just a few seconds and I can't rush people down and spam attacks on them all day long like I used to.

A lot of times being a vampire really does hurt more than it helps but in those cases where I get caught in a bomb it has definitely made the difference and let me walk out with just a sliver of hp left.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    My magblade is a vamp on his battleground build and a werewolf on his IC build.

Trying out vamp for PvP is a new thing for me after hearing so much about it for so long. The survivability at Rank 3 is definitely noticeable. I slapped on Gaze of Sithis and won a 1v3 in battlegrounds. 😳

I don't use any of the skills. The new blood mist is SO cool, but I just don't have a use for it in the build after trying it out for a while. The stun's "facing you" requirement is too sillybeans to be practical, the drain is useless, but the rest are good where they fit.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar Non-Vampire
    I have a kahjiit melee dps templar who's in the fighter's guild. Does bonus damage to vampires.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    It's like a 4th class skill line for nightblades, and it's like a nightblade multiclass for any other class.

I thought it was OP for stamblade shenanigans, but using vamp 4 sprint to get to the middle of the fight and pop corrosive armor is uhhhh even better.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Vampire
    DK's kit works for vampire's melee playstyle, and I honestly love giving my Swarming Scion wings just for fun lol.

Vampire's Stage 4 passive and the Mistform change really help my magDK with getting around the battlefield efficiently whether it's getting into or out of a fight. Also I just love being a vampire and have played DK since before Summerset and just haven't changed at all.

Stage 3 passive is nice, but I always run stage 4 so I'm not getting the skill line for just that passive alone.

Edit: Although it does kinda suck a bit that the one class passive I have dedicated entirely around health regeneration is completely worthless as a stage 4 vampire x.x
    It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make though for Swarming Scion, Mistform, and Blood for Blood though.

Vampiric Drain I use for ultimate generation, but it's more utility than an actual heal. I combine it with a Decisive weapon to get the most out of Exhilarating Drain after a light attack, and only when I really need it.

Mesmerize.... it exists.... and when I wanna bug ball groups I'll slot it, but I'd rather use Shattering Rocks to help fund my Blood for Blood spamming obsession.
    Edited by Vevvev on May 11, 2023 8:39PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    3 DK’s out of 24?

What BG, IC, Cyro are you all playing?

If I took a random 24 people from Cyro, I’d likely have 10 DKs, 5 Wardens, 5 Sorcs, 1 Plar, 1 necro, and 2 NBs running around ganking.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar Non-Vampire
    Amerises wrote: »
    3 DK’s out of 24?

What BG, IC, Cyro are you all playing?

If I took a random 24 people from Cyro, I’d likely have 10 DKs, 5 Wardens, 5 Sorcs, 1 Plar, 1 necro, and 2 NBs running around ganking.

Just shows that the forums aren't representative.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp mainly with three characters and occasionally with four others. Only one of my main pvp characters are a vampire (a necromancer) solely for RP reasons. I really don't enjoy vampires as they exist in the game; the only reason to be a vampire is for the busted undeath passive. If you're a nightblade, vampire is just a big buff for your class.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    I don't really have a main, but like the nighblade the best. Don't know how you would be a nightblade without being a vampire. Run a stamsorc vampire and a DK non-vampire, too.
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden Vampire
    I don't really have a main, but like the nighblade the best. Don't know how you would be a nightblade without being a vampire. Run a stamsorc vampire and a DK non-vampire, too.
    I don't use vampire on my nightblades, but I also run with lots of mag recovery so I can perma-cloak which means I don't need to rely on stealth.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    Janni wrote: »
    I don't use vampire on my nightblades, but I also run with lots of mag recovery so I can perma-cloak which means I don't need to rely on stealth.

The 300 (maybe 500 after buffs) extra SD/WD is pretty nice though even with perm-cloak. I like the perma-cloak as well, but can sustain it while vamp too
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Non-Vampire
    If you are vampire stage 4 you can use sprint to get perma-invisible and dont have to perma-cloak.

On my mag dk I get 2 minor stam regen boni from bloodspawn+kynmarcher(+daedricktrickery+
    malacath) and without vampire I can sustain stamina using sugar skulls/other stat food insteat of orzargas/juwels of misrule. It was a stam dk werewolf but lost werewolf when using armory and my first char followed by another stam dk and I played them most of the time even when dk was one of the worst class. I also play Stamden and tried every other class. I use vampire on Stamden, Magnb and Necromancer, but not on DK or Sorc. The number of dks in Cyrodiil really gets overestimated, the most common classes in Cyrodiil are sorcerer and NB on PC EU at least if I analyze ranklists.

• Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar Vampire
    How people can play without being a vampire (except for DK)?
    Just wonder 🤔
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer Vampire
    Sorcerer main, yes she's a vampire.

My other main PvP character is a stamden hybrid (non vamp).
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have a main class atm, but just cycling through:

Nightblade -> Vampire on most PVP builds (mainly DD)
    Templar -> non-vamp (mainly heal)
    Sorc -> non-vamp (mainly heal/support; sometimes DD)
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Just wonder 🤔

Being a healer for one.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden Vampire
    Iriidius wrote: »
    If you are vampire stage 4 you can use sprint to get perma-invisible and dont have to perma-cloak.

Yeah, but I can't perma sprint. There's a lot of issues with that anyway. Stairs and small rocks and twigs will ruin my day. If I'm casing a group I need to stop and observe them for a bit. And of course if I need a quick get-away it takes several seconds to enter stealth via sprinting whereas I can effectively magicka-dodge using cloak (granted, that will be much less likely next patch). I alos like knowing I can really lay into a person and still have plenty of resources to heal and/or flee. So for me mag recovery works better all-around.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Just wonder 🤔

After this thread, I tried out vampire on my DK just to see what would happen. Holy smokes. He's a Nord so the resistances are already high, but with Stage 3, he's super tanky and puts out strong damage. Chains of Devastation + Fossilize + Brawler + Executioner. Jumping into a group with Ferocious Leap almost seems unfair.
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    What is the class of your main pvp character and are they a vampire?

And there is no Necromancer, because many PVP players do not perceive him as an opponent.
    Its say alot of current state this poor class...
    Edited by Afterip on May 15, 2023 4:41PM
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Templar Non-Vampire
    I play without being a vampire, because I'm a werewolf 😁

So naturally my defense is weaker given most of my opponents have the 30% mitigation baked in.

It's always amusing you see content creators like oh this build is so tanky etc, no lol you have vamp stage 3.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Non-Vampire
    My main has been DK since 2016. Never really felt comfortable taking DK to Vampirism Stage 3 due to sustain reasons. Technically, my DK is infected with Vampirism but at stage 1 just to keep the Vampirism on me in case I need Mist Form and the fact that I don't want to bother people for the bite. Or... just for Swarm nostalgia.

But I might remove Vampirism completely as I've found new Mist Form just not to my liking at all.

Every other class chars except my old Magblade don't have Vampirism either.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on November 6, 2023 5:22PM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    With a passive like undeath, you're just at a severe disadvantage when you're not a vamp.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar Vampire
    I have 2 mains. Both Templars. Aaaand I forgot that neither of them are vampires anymore. I couldn’t stand the skin change and eyes.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Non-Vampire
    I play lots of classes... My OG main was a stamDK, and I'm playing him currently only he's gone more magicky these days.

I'm not a vampire. I suppose I should be, but it doesn't feel "super" necessary. I've done a lot with this toon and he frankly doesn't have the skill points for it, LOL.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight Non-Vampire
    My first PvP character and so far my only GO was my Stam DK. I never vamped him. I've only vamped three of my 9 PvP characters: warden, mag DK, NB.

Of course everyone should be stage 3 vap in Pvp for the way OP undeath 30% damage mitigation, but I don't do it on all of them , and they are noticeably weaker.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t really have a PvP main right now but I play Sorc and Warden more than others atm and none are vampires.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade Vampire
    Meta classes last 2 years. I don't chase sets, so might as well use the class that's least proc dependent. So right now NB I guess. And yes, vamp
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have many toons played on the daily - my "main" is dependant on mood with some variability, depending on what ZOS has recently rendered garbage by vacuous nerfs.
    CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish