Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Daedric Princes Shrines House

Kallykat
Kallykat
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm a casual housing player, but for years now I've been slowly collecting furnishings for my Ebonheart Chateau. The goal was to have an area of the house dedicated to each Daedric Prince. It's still a work in progress, and some areas are more fleshed out than others at the moment.

I've never purchased a crowns house before because they are so pricey and hard to fill. However, when Agony's Ascent was first released, I couldn't help but imagine how perfect it would be for my Daedric Prince house. All the different colors and atmospheres with the sulfur pools... I could picture where I would place each shrine. I didn't have the crowns at the time, and I didn't want to jump the gun, so I told myself I'd think on it and purchase the next time it became available.

Well, now it's available again, and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger, so I'd thought I'd come to the forums for advice and opinions from the housing experts. Below are pics of my current Ebonheart Chateau setup. (It's a lot, I know, so they are in spoiler tags.) Is it worth buying Agony's Ascent and relocating all my furnishings there? Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

The entrance:
The first area is a small forest dedicated to Hircine with animals representing his aspects. I planned to add more foilage.
oe6aebwrlfxi.jpg
8yr8mjkx7p3l.jpg
Then there's the fountain of Azura in the yard.
edipwur0tz2k.jpg
c1se2vxpr7g0.jpg
nk6jyotx4kb7.jpg
5gyzdgccmqt9.jpg
The porch area is planned to be a market dedicated to Clavicus Vile.
00ea2k15c8in.jpg

Outdoors to the left:
On the left are the areas for Peryite, Mehrunes Dagon, and Malacath.
02oc59tsbnwd.jpg
Malacath's area is planned to be a workshop.
aa2showjanlb.jpg
p32p9j36ny9s.jpg
Peryite has a small corner.
yyjzkz95hz0s.jpg
Mehrunes has the tower with a throne upstairs. The downstairs is planned to be a dungeon, and I wanted to add fire. It also had some small Daedric pets, but I had to remove them when I ran out of that kind of slot.
kd5ugkfhr13g.jpg
b6whvk02305b.jpg
og762rwk7hrr.jpg

Outdoors to the right:
On the right is Meridia's starry garden, which is still under construction.
pw95e5tectyk.jpg
7clmtirvbul0.jpg
Also to the right is Namira's fungal garden with an area hidden in the back corner that is planned to be cannibal-themed.
snvzxc0sw1xj.jpg
6j9fphtymshw.jpg

Inside, the main floor and balcony:
Most of these areas are still a work in progress. The lobby is dedicated to Hermaeus Mora.
i7stytfj4cqu.jpg
zfac869zt2s6.jpg
I planned to put his statue on the right side eventually.
ndkjzy0clq0p.jpg
Boethiah has a throne in the main area.
k91iq7pyi9b2.jpg
s4h664na2mai.jpg
The view from the throne is below.
tjkyjs2d91q2.jpg
Nocturnal's area is on the left side when entering. It's pretty plain right now, but I have some dark tendrils and a crow houseguest.
kuu6lqbhw60m.jpg
ribulmabxm57.jpg
The opposite landing has a feasting table with red fireflies. This is Sanguine's area (although there's no statue yet).
qj7i4mab9th8.jpg
Upstairs, I planned to have statues of Sheogorath and Jyggalag facing one another and then side wings for mania and depression. This one has a long way to go.
2z3gx2c8j9ab.jpg
zenj6vn968nx.jpg

Inside, downstairs:
Vermina, Mephala, and Molag Bal are down the stairs.
l63esusjavfr.jpg
6b3ahajd10gx.jpg
93dwlwdaucuz.jpg
I had to sink the Molag Bal statue to fit it in this room.
5894bifzl2kn.jpg
ildd21yku3a1.jpg
zwdiocortic7.jpg
Vermina's room is planned to have more beds sporadically strewn around the walls and ceiling. The weird blurs in the images are bats. They add good atmosphere but don't photograph well.
796cbbp5jjf3.jpg
ixa7bf2xyhy1.jpg
rabudxnp6nvj.jpg

Again, I welcome any thoughts or advice. I like what I've started, but it has a long way to go, and the other house definitely has more space and innate atmosphere. It's just pricey.
Edited by Kallykat on May 7, 2023 5:56PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t purchased Agony’s Ascent, but of course I have previewed it. Also, not a housing expert either, lol, just an amateur.

Of course the house would be the perfect theme for what you have created so far, but I recall the rooms not being very spacious so you would have to rely on the outside areas if that is the case. I could be totally wrong, also.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I would still be using both the indoor and outdoor space for the different Princes. It does have the greenish sulfur pools, which I thought I might use for the Hermaeus Mora, Peryite, or Malacath.
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    I have Daedric prince statues all over my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto (only missing Namira and Sheo). I hope htey add statues for Sanguine and Hermaeous.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 5 short of that goal.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it were me in your current situation, I would purchase Agony's Ascent while it's within your reach, and make the transfer.
    Any time that I've been inspired by the look of a particular house and DIDN'T grab it while it was available (and I had the means to do so), I've regretted it. Because my mind will keep dwelling on all of the things, and continually coming up with new things, I could do with that specific space, but now I can't because I didn't jump on it when I had the chance.

(*I am by no means advocating for the intentional 'Fear Of Missing Out' philosophy under which ZOS operates with their excessive over-reliance on limited-availability, which I am very much against.)
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on May 8, 2023 6:53AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Ye_Olde_Crowe
      Ye_Olde_Crowe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My Daedric Princes collection is at Earthtear with its nooks. While I now also own Agony‘s Ascent, I have barely decorated it as I tend to get lost there. A lot xD.
      But sure, it would be nicely suited to such a display of Daedric worship IMO.
      PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=